CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DYE RELEASE TIME

2 posters

Go down

DYE RELEASE TIME Empty DYE RELEASE TIME

Post by faithfullynaptural 27th August 2010, 10:38 am

Hoping one of my fellow Naturals and Henna Heads can chime in on Dye release time. I'm a little worried because i mixed up a batch of henna last night around 10 pm and will not get to use it until tonight around the same time which means it will be 24 hrs Shocked . A friend told me i probably let it sit too long and will will loose some of the dye benefits!!!!!!! what's the longest you can let henna sit and do it's natural magic before you start to get "dye demise" i think that's what they call loosing the dye...help a sister out and chime in....... thanks!!!!!
faithfullynaptural
faithfullynaptural

Back to top Go down

DYE RELEASE TIME Empty Re: DYE RELEASE TIME

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th August 2010, 12:38 pm

I longest I let it sit is 10 to 12 hours, and then I keep it in my hair for about 6 hours. If you aren't going to use your henna right away, you can freeze and then then thaw it out when you are ready.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by faithfullynaptural 27th August 2010, 12:53 pm

I plan to put it in tonight.. I just hope I didn't fudge up my dye deposit for me on my hair letting it sit for a whole day!!!! I just figured last night let me mix before I go to bed and I can put it in tomorrow night and go to bed with it and keep it in all day saturday!!! The dye release was so quick that I had orange spots on my fingers!!!! I seen a dye release chart on hennaforhair and it looks like I may be fine but kind of confusing to understand because its based on room temp and sitting time and it looked like 24 hours might be okay and I won't get much "dye demise"
faithfullynaptural
faithfullynaptural

Back to top Go down

Post by faithfullynaptural 27th August 2010, 3:52 pm

i found the answer to my own question and my henna will be fine

http://forums.hennapage.com/node/39
faithfullynaptural
faithfullynaptural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content