CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need tips or suggestions, please :)

2 posters

Go down

Need tips or suggestions, please :) Empty Need tips or suggestions, please :)

Post by Naturalin2010 24th August 2010, 8:53 pm

I have 2 questions.
1. What can I do with my raw unrefined 100% shea butter I'm a little confused on shea butter because some people use it for moisture and some for sealing. I've used it once, mixed with some EVOO, but it made my hair a little too oily? What is the best way to mix it? I hand stired it with the oil. It was kind of soft, so I didn't melt it. Do you use a mixer and how do you store it.

2. I have some organic honey that I want to use. I want to do a DC tomorrow, so I'm thinking I could use it there. But, what does it really do for your hair? Shine or moisutre or both?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Need tips or suggestions, please :) Empty Re: Need tips or suggestions, please :)

Post by freckledmom4 24th August 2010, 11:14 pm

Hi Naturalin,
Honey is a natural humectant. It attracts moisture and adds shine. IMO it adds softness too. I use about a tbs of it in my dc. You can also melt some shea butter into your mix. You can use the shea to seal or on twists.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Need tips or suggestions, please :) Empty Re: Need tips or suggestions, please :)

Post by Naturalin2010 24th August 2010, 11:38 pm

Hi freckledmom! Yeah, I was thinking about adding the honey to my DC, but wasn't quite sure why. I mean I knew it could be used for moisture, but I didn't know about the shine. So, I may try that. I'm dying to do something with the shea butter, so I'll have to experiment. Thanks! Hope you're doing well Smile
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down