CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

steppinOUT

3 posters

Go down

steppinOUT Empty steppinOUT

Post by steppinOUT 17th November 2009, 9:40 pm

Ok so I have been checking out Round Brush Hair.com. A site selling Dominican hair products. The PJ in me wants to see what the fuss is all about. Just by chance I stumbled upon some of the same products from the site in my local Latin market. I noted that there were lots of cones, sulfates, mineral oil, dmdm etc. in these products. hmmmm has anyone dabbled in domincan hair products?
steppinOUT
steppinOUT

Back to top Go down

steppinOUT Empty Re: steppinOUT

Post by jamaicacurl 17th November 2009, 11:17 pm

I haven't heard too much about them but I know many ppl who go to the dominican hair salons here and their hair always looks great when they leave. Me personally, now that I am learning how to care for my natural curls, I'm staying away from sulfates, -cones, mineral oils, petrolatum, parabens (as much as I can), etc. It just seems to cause so much build up, a false sense of healthy hair and a vicious cycle.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

steppinOUT Empty Dominican hair products

Post by steppinOUT 18th November 2009, 12:29 am

I agree Jamaicacurl! I am trying to resist the PJ that wants to try a new DC or co-wash! I have to keep it together because any products with stong perfumes, dyes, etc break my scalp out!
steppinOUT
steppinOUT

Back to top Go down

Post by steppinOUT 18th November 2009, 7:54 pm

Hi! So today I had a parent at my kids' school ask me what I use to wash my daughter's hair. My reply was Suave Coconut conditioner. Her response was a puzzled look...so I went on to explain co-washing, calrifying, etc. Keep in mind that this lady has a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old and my 2yr old's hair is longer than theirs.....anywhoooo, the Mom has beautiful mid backlength relaxed hair that if natural would be ON FIYA!!!! But I digress...
I was happy to educate her on using conditioner to detangle and as a leave in when styling the babies' hair. She said she would try it!! I hope I have inspired a Mom to keep one more beautiful child's hair perm free!!!!
steppinOUT
steppinOUT

Back to top Go down

Post by steppinOUT 18th November 2009, 7:55 pm

BTW, I have another thread that should count as my other posting for this week. Sorry Nikki, I didn't really get the memo!!!
steppinOUT
steppinOUT

Back to top Go down

Post by steppinOUT 20th November 2009, 6:29 pm

Just got my Jamila henna from Butters n Bars! Can't wait to try it! i will report the results.
steppinOUT
steppinOUT

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 20th November 2009, 6:44 pm

steppinOUT wrote:Ok so I have been checking out Round Brush Hair.com. A site selling Dominican hair products. The PJ in me wants to see what the fuss is all about. Just by chance I stumbled upon some of the same products from the site in my local Latin market. I noted that there were lots of cones, sulfates, mineral oil, dmdm etc. in these products. hmmmm has anyone dabbled in domincan hair products?

I use Dominican Hair products, I started using the conditioners again after having bad results with the no cone method...my hair looks better...but I'm not fully sure if I'll keep using them because of he ingredients. I am trying to find natural products that will keep my hair healthy.
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steppinOUT 21st November 2009, 12:51 am

cocoeuro, whaich Dominicn conditioners do you use? I have seen the baba caracol, silicon mix, 10-en1 and 11-en-1, they all look and smell good....i was also wondering about the celophane hair colors. how safe is that?
steppinOUT
steppinOUT

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 21st November 2009, 6:08 pm

I use negro crema (black cream)by tropical....it's my favorite..I've tried 10-in-1 it's ok!! I used to do celophane when I was relaxed, not sure about the safety since I always had shedding. It is on my wish list to try it again. The Olive Oil conditiners are also very moisturizing!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down