CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasia's Drama

+10
MsKendrala
Mangos&Bananas
Neems
PaganWifey
mssassy
vivacious00
ciara89
goombagirl
Natural-E
jlowman1
14 posters

Go down

Fantasia's Drama Empty Fantasia's Drama

Post by jlowman1 13th August 2010, 5:47 pm

If this was all just a publicity stunt (lawsuit, suicide attempt) I AM DONE! This makes no sense, whatsoever!

http://theybf.com/2010/08/13/wtf-first-photos-of-fantasia-antwaun-cook-together-after-her-suicide-attempt

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/13/fantasia-barrino-antwaun-cook-photo-affair-hospital-overdose/

http://sandrarose.com/2010/08/fantasia-and-antwuan-hook-back-up-to-film-her-reality-show/

Suicide is NOTHING to play with especially when you have a child to think about. What the heck is going on?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Fantasia's Drama Empty Re: Fantasia's Drama

Post by Natural-E 14th August 2010, 12:16 am

Hot mess! Way to screw up a great career. She will be a distant memory in a year or two. She wasn't that big of a star to get mixed up in bad publicity and survive it.
Natural-E
Natural-E

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 14th August 2010, 7:07 am

jlowman1 wrote:If this was all just a publicity stunt (lawsuit, suicide attempt) I AM DONE! This makes no sense, whatsoever!

http://theybf.com/2010/08/13/wtf-first-photos-of-fantasia-antwaun-cook-together-after-her-suicide-attempt

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/13/fantasia-barrino-antwaun-cook-photo-affair-hospital-overdose/

http://sandrarose.com/2010/08/fantasia-and-antwuan-hook-back-up-to-film-her-reality-show/

Suicide is NOTHING to play with especially when you have a child to think about. What the heck is going on?

Of course it makes sense. She has a CD coming out in a couple of weeks. You know what they say, even bad publicity is good publicity. Sex sells. Especially when there are lawsuits and suicide involved.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th August 2010, 12:01 pm

goombagirl wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:If this was all just a publicity stunt (lawsuit, suicide attempt) I AM DONE! This makes no sense, whatsoever!

Of course it makes sense. She has a CD coming out in a couple of weeks. You know what they say, even bad publicity is good publicity. Sex sells. Especially when there are lawsuits and suicide involved.

That I understand but this does NOT make me want to go buy her CD. I thought the show had a really good following the first time so I didn't think she needed to scrap for ratings. Its just a big ball of hot mess! If it is fake, I just hope it doesn't backfire on her.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 16th August 2010, 3:22 pm

This is very sad to see, but I feel that all of this was publicity for her show and new CD. I say this because I was reading on the internet that she was recieving slack over dating a married man, and shes being sued by this man's wife!! so I guess that it was a pathetic attempt for people to feel sorry for her, and we did until we found out that that wasnt true.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 16th August 2010, 4:11 pm

I am more than ever convinced it was for publicity. She has a song titled "Lucky" that recently leaked. Its pretty much singing about being a mistress...

As my Grandmother would say... "Umph, Umph, Umph"
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by vivacious00 24th August 2010, 5:51 pm

I watched her on GMA this morning and she's making it sound like "poor me". Where is CPS? She has an underage daughter who's welfare needs to be looked after since her mother is clearly unstable. The saddest part is that during the interview she never even mentions her daughter or being glad her attempt wasn't successful so she could be here with her daughter.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 24th August 2010, 6:15 pm

vivacious00 wrote:I watched her on GMA this morning and she's making it sound like "poor me". Where is CPS? She has an underage daughter who's welfare needs to be looked after since her mother is clearly unstable. The saddest part is that during the interview she never even mentions her daughter or being glad her attempt wasn't successful so she could be here with her daughter.

Sad sad situation. I didn't catch her interview, just her performance at the end of the show.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by mssassy 25th August 2010, 11:35 pm

It is all very sad and corrupt, but I would like to think that is was not a stunt. Her past is troubled. Now I know what she did was wrong, but the media zoomed in heavy and painted the "Scarlet A" on her head. Now, Alicia got did the exact same thing...even got pregnant and married the man...didn't get much coverage though. I wonder what made the difference?....hmmmmm?

http://naturalhairbymssassy.blogspot.com
mssassy
mssassy

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 26th August 2010, 1:29 am

mssassy wrote:It is all very sad and corrupt, but I would like to think that is was not a stunt. Her past is troubled. Now I know what she did was wrong, but the media zoomed in heavy and painted the "Scarlet A" on her head. Now, Alicia got did the exact same thing...even got pregnant and married the man...didn't get much coverage though. I wonder what made the difference?....hmmmmm?

People are materialistic. Keys cheated with someone who has some money. Tasia? Got down with the telephone man.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by mssassy 26th August 2010, 2:34 am

PaganWifey wrote:
mssassy wrote:It is all very sad and corrupt, but I would like to think that is was not a stunt. Her past is troubled. Now I know what she did was wrong, but the media zoomed in heavy and painted the "Scarlet A" on her head. Now, Alicia got did the exact same thing...even got pregnant and married the man...didn't get much coverage though. I wonder what made the difference?....hmmmmm?

People are materialistic. Keys cheated with someone who has some money. Tasia? Got down with the telephone man.

That is so so true lol!!

mssassy
mssassy

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 26th August 2010, 5:48 am

mssassy wrote:
PaganWifey wrote:

That is so so true lol!!

I also think the fact that Swizzy put a ring on it had a little something to do with it. Mr. T-Mobile on the other hand, did NOTHING to redeem Tasia's image in the eyes of the public.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 26th August 2010, 5:55 am

goombagirl wrote:
mssassy wrote:
PaganWifey wrote:

That is so so true lol!!

Yep yep yep.

I also think the fact that Swizzy put a ring on it had a little something to do with it. Mr. T-Mobile on the other hand, did NOTHING to redeem Tasia's image in the eyes of the public.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 26th August 2010, 4:50 pm

vivacious00 wrote:I watched her on GMA this morning and she's making it sound like "poor me". Where is CPS? She has an underage daughter who's welfare needs to be looked after since her mother is clearly unstable. The saddest part is that during the interview she never even mentions her daughter or being glad her attempt wasn't successful so she could be here with her daughter.

You hit the nail on the head. I don't understand why people in her inner circle or even the record company haven't made her check into a mental health clinic. Going on public television is not going to help her heal and become mentally stable. Even if it was a publicity stunt, wtf? She has a daughter and a troubled past. She needs intense counseling that should be done in private.

I work in the public health field so seeing something like this makes my heart ache. There's no reason why she isn't receiving the best care, no matter her celebrity status. Anyway I'm getting off my soapbox now. If anyone is interested in learning more about how to help a friend or family member check out this site
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 26th August 2010, 5:52 pm

Neems wrote:

You hit the nail on the head. I don't understand why people in her inner circle or even the record company haven't made her check into a mental health clinic. Going on public television is not going to help her heal and become mentally stable. Even if it was a publicity stunt, wtf? She has a daughter and a troubled past. She needs intense counseling that should be done in private.

I work in the public health field so seeing something like this makes my heart ache. There's no reason why she isn't receiving the best care, no matter her celebrity status. Anyway I'm getting off my soapbox now. If anyone is interested in learning more about how to help a friend or family member check out this site

On the George Lopez show she talked about how she went to a halfway house. It was on last night.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 27th August 2010, 3:56 pm

PaganWifey wrote:
Neems wrote:

On the George Lopez show she talked about how she went to a halfway house. It was on last night.

Ummm...her record label and her inner circle (read family) prolly don't care about her mental health. She just needs to promote this damn record and get us our money is what they are thinking. Like I said before, even bad publicity is good publicity. From the head of J Records on down the guy who sells a burned copy of her cd for $5 she got a lot of mouths to feed...more than the ones you've seen on her show. If they really gave a damn don't you think they would have pushed back the release date of her album to get her some help? It's been done before under less extreme circumstances. That's the way the music money making machine rolls-strike while the iron is hot.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 27th August 2010, 4:08 pm

goombagirl I wish what you said was further from the truth but its not. People wil promote her until the bitter end. When she hits rock bottom again, she'll probably get another VH1 special. When I see all the media attention all I can think about is Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson along with the countless other celebrities that are just seen as money makers even if mean they're demise.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 8th September 2010, 4:21 am

jlowman1 wrote:

As my Grandmother would say... "Umph, Umph, Umph"

LOL!
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 8th September 2010, 6:08 am

Natural-E wrote:Hot mess! Way to screw up a great career. She will be a distant memory in a year or two. She wasn't that big of a star to get mixed up in bad publicity and survive it.

Huh? Her WHOLE career has been bad publicity. . . When she was on Idol they talked about her because she was a teen mom and how she didnt deserve to win because of it. Then she released that book and ppl found out she didnt finish school and she wasnt a good reader folks went in on that like she was/is the first celeb to not finish high school. then her daddy sued her because he didnt like how he was portrayed in the book and in the movie. O and there is the damn near going bankrupt and almost loosing her house that was all over the news. When she got sick during The Color Purple folks had something to say about that. Now she's being sued yet again all because she did what women do every day she fell in love with a man and believed his lies. the media has been attacking that girl since b4 she got her feet wet in the game good. And every time she pushes ahead they find something else to blow outta proportion. the odds have been stacked against her since day one and she has survived thus far, so i dont see a reason to believe that she wont continue to survive.[b]
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th September 2010, 5:54 pm

And she gonna be on Oprah, who is gonna make her cry. When will it end?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th December 2010, 1:12 am

the industry in general, is all about money, popularity and how u can get MORE fame...idk fantasia's ordeal, but she's far from innocent~

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 8th December 2010, 11:50 am

I hate the fact that she would leave her daughter by attempting to commit the act... Selfish.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 8th December 2010, 5:19 pm

Umph wrote:I hate the fact that she would leave her daughter by attempting to commit the act... Selfish.

Very selfish and from what I'm reading, there is audio of her in court stating that she aborted this guy's baby. I can't judge because I haven't been in this situation but its so sad.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th December 2010, 8:28 pm

I have to admit I occasionally watch her show. Reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Embarassed Anyway, I am so disappointed in her behavior overall, not that I'm anyone but it's just all very sad. She's young, and very talented IMO, and got a chance to make a great life for herself by winning Idol but she cannot seem to get above the ghetto drama.

You're a star and you pick up some dude who works at T-Mobile. Really?! Suspect And he has a bunch of drama, which I wonder if he and his wife were running some type of game on her - she's an easy mark. When I found out she was pregnant and possibly had an abortion I lost all respect for her, just how's she handled it, not the fact that she did it because that's her personal choice as a woman. The thing that bugs me is that she is playing into all of the things that people were complaining about when she was on Idol when they said she wasn't an American Idol because her background (not graduating, being single/unwed, etc.). I pray she gets it together. and for goodness sake get a publicist who can do damage control.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th December 2010, 10:26 am

I hope she get it together. She shops at a store called Justice near my house all the time for her daughter. My son's girlfriend works there and Fantasia always comes in with her brother and daughter.

She doesn't have the right support team behind her.

BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down