CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*xtremelyperfect*

+50
Treece
cyclingchick
Umph
Cnicoles6
KeAnia
MellowOne
TheRYL1
mstokes2008
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
Muz
DreamMerchant
jlowman1
mrsmackey
priceless
krazy coils
CrissyQ
TriniCherryPrincess
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
Nikcoils
NhappyJackie
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
LaToya28
Cherry: extraordinary!
Winnielours
SheeTacular
bholmes87
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
Miss CurlyT
traveljunkie08
truet
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
HumanNature
Lynnieluve
LilMsPuddles
NubieNatty
Serenity23
boingboing
A85
xtremelyperfect
54 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

*xtremelyperfect* Empty *xtremelyperfect*

Post by xtremelyperfect 16th November 2009, 4:45 pm

Hi everyone! For those of you who don't know me I'm Nadia. I'm 26 years old(oops almost typed 25... bday was last Monday!) and am a student studying Communication. I big chopped on July 17, 2009 which means my 4 month nappiversary is tomorrow! Woohoo! My hair is pretty short. I've always love experimenting with my hair and I went natural because I wanted curly hair. I was actually planning on getting Wave Nouveau but realized my natural hair is fabulous and here I am now loving it! I didn't really transition per se because to me I was just trying to grow my relaxer out so I could get a different process done. Anyway I love my natural hair and will never go back!

So this week I had planned on keeping my hair in twists the entire time but I have the urge to take them out. I feel like I might change my routine and instead of doing twists on Sunday and keeping them in all week do them on Saturday night and then again on Wednesday night.. I did these twists on Friday and now it's Monday and I want to take them out. I have no patience lol. These are the twists today:

*xtremelyperfect* 30248063027phpYZqEPU

My hair has grown since I dyed it. I love dyeing my hair. It's crazy. I think it's just my personality. I need constant change in my life. I've had so many jobs it's ridiculous, I'm always changing my hair, my style, I don't know what the deal is lol. I've learned to accept it and I am working on my antsy-ness lol. I'm pretty sure I just made that word up. Wink

Back to the twists... to keep my hair moisturized I spritz often with an aloe vera juice, water and peppermint oil mix. I also oil my scalp with coconut oil and castor oil. We'll see how the rest of the day goes but I might take these twists out. I usually leave my bonnet on when I'm home in order to discourage me from taking them out or touching my hair too much! It's a great trick for those with HIH syndrome trust me!

Check back tomorrow to see what I do... and don't forget to check out my personal blog Silly Nads. Very Happy

Last edited by xtremelyperfect on 27th December 2010, 2:27 pm; edited 22 times in total
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

*xtremelyperfect* Empty Re: *xtremelyperfect*

Post by A85 16th November 2009, 5:48 pm

hmm have you tried styling ur twists to keep from taking them out so soon? Altho ur hair is shorter u can still pin up the side/sides or use headbands for a change up
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 16th November 2009, 6:23 pm

Yeah, I've used headbands and pinned and I like both. I also have pretty barrettes that I use as well. I still get itchy fingers though, lol. I'm a work in progress Neutral
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 17th November 2009, 11:35 am

And I gave in, lol. I took my twists out! My twist out isn't horrible... but it's also not as pretty as some I've seen. I really think I need to get a good butter to do my twists so they look silky and smooth! Right now they're puffy and frizzy lol. Here are some pictures!

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3359-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3365-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3370-vi

Anyone want to give me some tips on how to make my twists and twistouts better?
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 17th November 2009, 12:39 pm

Well the longer you leave them in the more defined *xtremelyperfect* Icon_lol lol but also smaller twists may help and coiling/twirling the pieces around ur fingers once u sep. them.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 18th November 2009, 5:48 pm

Thanks A85 for your advice. I will try smaller twists next time. I still think I need a butter though, lol. Maybe it's just the PJ in me that wants to get one lol.

I had a really rough night/morning with my car getting towed and having to deal with the RMV and police and whatnot. Sad However! My second day hair is not bad and I'm about to leave for work so I just wanted to show you guys how it came out.

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3371-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3372-vi

To revive my hair I just spritz with my aloe grow and fluff as needed. I have some fuzz going on but it could be worse. Neutral

I'm going to attempt to wash and twist tonight after work but I may be too exhausted. I'm also working a double tomorrow as well. Yikes! Anyways as always leave comments and advice!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 20th November 2009, 1:57 am

Ok. So today was a pretty good day personally lol. I worked a double so it was a long day but I went to the gym for the first time in forever and it was great! I ran 2 miles and lifted a little and felt amazing so woohoo! dance I need to get back on track. I haven't been to the gym since I ran my 10k in October! Eek!

I brought all my essentials with me so after running I clarified, co-washed and added KBB Hair Milk. My 4a coils were really defined today! I don't know if it's because my hair is getting longer so I notice them more but they were all over the place. I couldn't take pics at the gym but I just took some when I got home so you can maybe see what I'm talking about. Forgive my tired face lol. I've been up since 9 and worked 12 hrs! Bah. Sleep

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3376-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3378-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3382-vi

So it was a good hair day for me. I think I'll twist it on Sunday. I plan on going to the gym again tomorrow and on Saturday sooo I'll co-wash those days and then deep condition Sunday and twist. Very Happy

One thing I did realize today though is... I don't think I want to use aloe vera gel in my aloe grow anymore. I think I want to use aloe vera juice instead. I think it was making my hair feel hard. I don't know. Has anyone used aloe vera gel in their hair and if so what were your results?
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 21st November 2009, 2:00 am

Happy Friday! I know I'm late but I work til like 10 or 11 at night sometimes so that's why I blog so late in the night. Rolling Eyes

I went to the gym again today and worked out. Did the same as yesterday except I didn't clarify because I didn't have to! I'm going on a mission to find a good deep conditioner on Sunday. I'm pretty excited.

I'm also thinking about going modified CG. I love the Organix conditioners(especially the shea butter) and I want to use them again. I know they have cones though so I have to see how far down the list of ingredients those are...

Also yesterday my roomie came home from getting her hair colored and apparently she was telling the stylist about me and my natural hair. Well the stylist got all excited and told her there was a woman there who specialized in African American natural hair. So she gave her a card and told her to tell me to go in for a consultation at the least and that she might give me some good tips. I figure it can't hurt to meet with her right? I'm always weary of high priced downtown salons run by non black people though so we'll see lol. No offense but I just don't know how they can know what's right for my hair when their hair is so different. I don't know. Maybe this chick is black. Anyway I'll probably make an appointment after the new year. That's all I have for today. But check out this cute beanie I got for my birthday!

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3324-vi

Isn't it fabulous! I love it. Have a great weekend everyone!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by boingboing 21st November 2009, 11:42 pm

luv your twists results keep up the good work

boingboing

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 22nd November 2009, 12:46 am

I love your color! I'd also suggest that when you are doing your twists, you make them smaller and twist tighter. When I make mine chunkier my hair looks frizzy. I don't usually leave mine in very long and they still look defined. I think it has a lot to do wiht the size of them. Anyway, good luck!
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 23rd November 2009, 3:40 am

Thanks for the advice everyone! I did a deep conditioning treatment tonight and twisted most of my hair. It's now after 1 am and so I'm stopping and finishing tomorrow. I wanted to show you what the twists look like so far. I definitely did them smaller but I don't think you can tell in these pics.

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3418-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3414-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3409-vi

For my deep conditioner (which worked marvelously might I add) I used Burt's Bees Grapefruit and Sugar Beets Conditioner and added baking soda, evoo, and honey. I did this after co-washing with VO5. My hair was so soft by the end and I had so little shed hair tonight. Good times. I love Sunday Hair Day... all while watching Tyra! afro
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd November 2009, 10:18 am

heeeey silly nads! glad i found u on here. have u figured out the moisture problem ur hair needed to keep it from bein dry? i love ur color! im debatin on color myself, do u think u gotta moisturize more w/color?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 23rd November 2009, 3:01 pm

HI Nubie! I basically just try to keep my hair moist at all times by spritzing and using coconut oil as well. I've started baggying as well and I woke up and my hair felt great so I definitely think that'll be a new part of my regimen. I definitely think if you color you have to up your moisturizing... or at least pay more attention to it. I'm terrified of having my hair be too damaged so that's been a big deal for me. I love my color too but it was a box color. I think from now on I'm going to use only henna, amla or indigo to color or try the Aveda Full Spectrum Deepā„¢ļø Creme Color for Dark Hair I heard about.. Just to be on the safe side. But I never say never so who know's what i'll do down the line. Smile

Update: I finished my twists this afternoon. I'm such a procrastinator. Anyway here are the final results!

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3422-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3423-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3424-vi

I'm keeping them in til Thursday and going to wear a twistout for Thanksgiving. I'm going to a party because most of my family is out of the country... Hope everyone had a great Monday!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 25th November 2009, 3:01 pm

Happy Hump Day everyone! I just went nuts at the Vitamin Shoppe(I know, again!)

I bought some more aloe vera gel. I didn't realize but there are different versions. I gott the inner fillet one this time. And this bottle says I need to refrigerate after opening... Eek. Oh wells. I think it's better than what I was using before though. And it was on sale! Woo! woot!

I also bought Biotin. I've heard good things and I only have to take one a day so that's not bad right? I'll start taking that tomorrow.

My most exciting hair buy today was Bentonite Clay. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do with it yet but I remember reading positive things. I will start researching. I couldn't pass it up. I was like maybe you should find out what to do first. But nope, I snagged it. I know, I'm crazy lol.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Turkey Day and great hair day as well. Gobble Gobble!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th November 2009, 12:14 am

ooooh let me know how the ben clay turns out, im curious myself!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th November 2009, 12:15 am

ooooh let me know how the ben clay turns out, im curious myself!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 27th November 2009, 2:40 am

Here's my twistout for Thanksgiving. It came out great! I'm so happy!

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3445-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3444-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3473-vi
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 30th November 2009, 3:33 pm

Happy Monday! I clarified and deep conditioned my hair last night. I was going to put it in twists but after an amazing dinner with my roomie where I ate a 14 oz steak had many cocktails and lots of wine I was too tired lol. I'd say the itis was in full effect. So I just put my bonnet on it and went to bed. I'm gonna co-wash before work tonight because I don't think I can revive it with my normal spritz/coconut oil method lol. Hopefully it looks good. My roots are showing! Eek. I have to decide if I'm going to henna, color or leave it alone. My mom doesn't like the color it is now and I'm going to see her and my dad in Haiti in 17 days... So I must make a decision soon... maybe if I win this contest I can get some free henna, hint hint. Wink

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 30th November 2009, 4:52 pm

I love the twist out!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 30th November 2009, 6:27 pm

I got cut at work so I can twist my hair tonight while watching the Pats kick some Saints butt! hehehe... Thanks LilMsPuddles! There are a lot of puddles here in Boston today. It's been raining all day! womp womp!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 1st December 2009, 11:44 am

Your twist out came out great!! I can tell the diff =)
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 7th December 2009, 3:50 pm

Thanks for all the compliments ladies! Yesterday I did my first bentonite clay treatment. It was great! My hair was left soft, clean with defined coils. I twisted my hair last night so definition wasn't my goal but it was pretty to see my fro hang, lol. Here are some pics of my fun hair day *I love Sundays*

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3614-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3615-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3619-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3621-vi

Like I said I twisted my hair and will be wearing them til Friday. Happy Monday everyone! Ooh, we put up our Christmas tree last night and it looks great! I love Christmas. Only 11 more days til I'm in Haiti! run
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 8th December 2009, 5:47 am

Girl you got my PJ jonesing for some clay!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 8th December 2009, 3:32 pm

Lol! Sorry LilMsPuddles! I'm a PJ too so I can't help you there lol. We both need an intervention. Wink

I just wanted to show you guys some pics of my twists. I mentioned yesterday that I'll leave them in til Friday and wear them out on the weekend. This has actually become my new regimen since it's too cold for wash n gos. I've been doing this for about a month now with good results. For moisture I spray with my aloe grow spray. I also baggy and sleep with a satin bonnet. I have to go get ready for work but hope everyone's having a great Tuesday!

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3668-vi

*xtremelyperfect* IMG_3667-vi
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 9th December 2009, 11:38 am

Hey everyone! Happy hump day! It is snowing like crazy here in MA this morning so I will have to put my bonnet on under my snow hat. That's going to be a first for me since I've never had natural hair during the winter. Eek!

My twists are still looking good. I will take them out Friday morning and share pics with you. Smile How do you keep your twists looking good for long periods of time? Please share your fabulous advice! Hope everyone has a great day.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum