CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovely Natural Ladies, help me please!

2 posters

Go down

Lovely Natural Ladies, help me please! Empty Lovely Natural Ladies, help me please!

Post by astoldbyw 21st July 2010, 1:37 am

Hi everyone. I BCed back in early January. Initially, I thought to myself "What did I do to my hair? People are going to think that I am a boy". After a while, I got used to it and started loving my hair and how it felt like butter. Back at school, I washed my hair twice a week due to having a swimming class twice a week. I used Matrix Biolage Hydrotherapie conditioner along with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Shampoo. Afterward I would use Carol's Daughter Hair Milk and Qhemet Biologics Alma and Olive Heavy Creme. Now that it's summer I'm having a hard time styling my hair. Using the above routine for my twist outs worked wonders at school. When I use it now, my hair is a frizzy mess and it feels dry so I use oil but now it feels oily. I don't know what the cause is. The humidity in NYC? Using the wrong products? Hair is rejecting twist outs? My twist outs definitely looked nice when I first BCed my hair. Not so much now. I want my hair to look nice so my mother can stop telling me what to do with my hair (it varies from "take those things out your hair" ,using products with mineral oil, using a blow dryer, getting a textualizer, or using her curl activator). I need help with a daily hair style that's neat and chic. Very Happy
I guess my hair is around 4B. I don't know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
astoldbyw
astoldbyw

Back to top Go down

Lovely Natural Ladies, help me please! Empty Re: Lovely Natural Ladies, help me please!

Post by Karameldiva1978 22nd July 2010, 12:48 pm

I would definitely say it's time to experiment and find a product that works. I've heard a few people on the hair boards who say that once your hair has more length sometimes the texture changes or product just no longer agrees.

Have you tried shea butter and to seal with a little bit of oil? This could help you maintain more, but not have so much oiliness from straight oil. My hair LOVES moisture, I have to have a cream moisturizer before I attempt to seal with an oil.

I haven't encountered your particular problem, but I'll try to help with some things I've tried or read.

Two that worked for me to combat dryness:
1.) I baggy overnight with S-curl, Qhm Biol Amla & Olive cream and seal with coconut oil followed by my conditioner cap and a satin cap. In the morning, I just finger fluff and go, as my hair is still in TWA mode.

2.) I made a concoction with 1/3 c. aloe vera gel (from Whole Foods), 1/3 c. vegetable glycerin (also from Whole Foods) and 4-8 oz of Rose Water (Whole Foods) along with Rosemary Oil (I've used Avocado oil instead). I put them in a spray bottle and I can spritz moisture into my hair on a morning that I didn't baggy the previous night. I seal with Vatika Oil and finger fluff and go, or cover my TWA with a wig cap and rock a wig for the day.

As for product used for twists, on YouTube there are a lot of different recipes for a Whipped SheaAloe butter/creme moisturizer. It's not heavy, but quite light, fluffy and moisturizing. On YouTube also is a subscriber named Blackonyx77 and also sells hair products on blackonyxworld.com called Alikay Naturals. You may want to try her Shea-Yogurt moisturizer for your twists.

I hope that helps you at least get a start. If I find more that may help you, I will post it here.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down