CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to refresh a wash and go?

5 posters

Go down

How to refresh a wash and go? Empty How to refresh a wash and go?

Post by Chelnmike816 19th July 2010, 9:51 pm

Hey everybody

My hair is medium length but not shoulder length. When i do my wash and go's I always spray my hair with water and drench it so my curls can come back out (3b-3c hair). I'm so tired of walking around with a wet head. What should I do?

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

How to refresh a wash and go? Empty Re: How to refresh a wash and go?

Post by curlybarbi48 21st July 2010, 12:36 am

Whenever I do a WnG, I put a t-shirt on my hair to sop up the water. I'll just wear the t-shirt (which keeps the hair from becoming frizzy) until I'm ready to get dress. Then, once I remove it, I'll just shake, shake, shake to get the style I want. My daughter, however, gets under the dryer every morning. I don't have time for that, though.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd July 2010, 1:37 pm

I love a mix of aloe vera juice, oil & water. The mix is more aloe vera juice than oil and water. It works wonderfully. You can also try aloe vera gel or gelly to moisturize on second, third, etc. WnG hair. I have also used a mix of conditioner, aloe vera gel and water before.

Not sure if wetting hair everyday with water is bad. I think it depends on the water. You could always buy distilled water to use in your spray bottles. I think the main concern is the minerals in water in some areas.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 22nd July 2010, 3:25 pm

I just read about repeated/prolonged water exposure on this blog that is written by a natural who is a scientist:

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2010/07/deep-conditioning-repeated-water.html
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 22nd July 2010, 6:45 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I love a mix of aloe vera juice, oil & water. The mix is more aloe vera juice than oil and water. It works wonderfully. You can also try aloe vera gel or gelly to moisturize on second, third, etc. WnG hair. I have also used a mix of conditioner, aloe vera gel and water before.

Not sure if wetting hair everyday with water is bad. I think it depends on the water. You could always buy distilled water to use in your spray bottles. I think the main concern is the minerals in water in some areas.

I agree with the mixture! Spray and seal is my motto [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down