CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles

+18
BekkaPoo
Islander3906
Renabme
NaturallyLovely
Moni
HoneynBrown
KinkyQ
cutephantasm
cinnamoncurlz
jad928
SheeTacular
lena73
laughlovelivelife
CurlySpeechTherapist
StealMyHeartLovee
JoyCurl
TerraD
*CurlyNikki*
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles Empty These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 10:29 am

Here are a few of my favorite styles, click on each for instructions:

• High Bun- The same basic steps found in THIS VIDEO, but done on dry, previously twisted hair.

Post your favorite styles, how-tos, and videos here!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles Empty Re: These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles

Post by TerraD 25th October 2009, 10:44 pm

I love two strand twists, but part of my hair is more of a looser curl pattern and won't hold it for longer than 2-3 days!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles Empty Re: These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles

Post by JoyCurl 27th October 2009, 1:32 pm

Coils and Coil Outs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JoyCurl
JoyCurl

http://public.fotki.com/joycurl/

Back to top Go down

Post by StealMyHeartLovee 27th October 2009, 8:41 pm

Tiny twists out & pin the back up
Curly Fro a la ItsMsHeatherNicole
Bantu Knot Out
Twist n Curl a la CurlyNikki

Within 2 years I'll be able to do a bun & high bun! Very Happy
StealMyHeartLovee
StealMyHeartLovee

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 29th October 2009, 2:43 pm

Favorite style or style my lazy butt will do everyday?? Smile I have been bunning like crazy -- wet or dry. If not some sort of bun, it's a wash and go maintained for a couple of days with two braids at night.
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by laughlovelivelife 31st October 2009, 10:18 am

I love to throw my hair in a couple of french braids with Giovanni Direct Leave in Condish, let that sit overnight and through one full day to get completely dry, and take it out for beautiful waaavvy hair !
laughlovelivelife
laughlovelivelife

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 31st October 2009, 11:19 am

I love the TNC (one day I will do it tho...lol)
I basically rock a Puff and curly fro every day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 31st October 2009, 11:36 am

I love three strand twists..
My favorite style is a puff with a twisted bang (about the only style I can do consistently well..lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

also twists and my fro....

ok i was trying to add a pic but have been unsuccessful... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 31st October 2009, 12:06 pm

laughlovelivelife wrote:I love to throw my hair in a couple of french braids with Giovanni Direct Leave in Condish, let that sit overnight and through one full day to get completely dry, and take it out for beautiful waaavvy hair !

I cannot wait until my hair is long enough to do this style. My mom did it when I was a kid and wanted my hair down!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by jad928 2nd November 2009, 6:31 pm

favorite Styles

Small twists pinned up
Twist out (with small twists)
Shingling
Phony Pony ( best protective style, I love swinging my pony tail and my ends are completely hidden)
Fro hawk - But I keep breaking my banana clips

Want to try
Curly fro
Bantu knots
jad928
jad928

Back to top Go down

Post by cinnamoncurlz 2nd November 2009, 6:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Since I am still in TWA-land:

1. Wash and go
2. 2 strand twists
3. twist out
4. finger coils
5. coil out

To add some OOOMPH to these styles I've added a scarf, newsboy hat, and one of my cutsie headbands. I am making my way towards the "flower" pin on the side. In TN (Nashville) it is on avg. 65-75 degrees. Not quite cold yet. Hopefully, I can continue to do the w-n-go for another two weeks. The pic above is a coil-out that I did on Friday night.
cinnamoncurlz
cinnamoncurlz

http://cinnamoncurlz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 2nd November 2009, 7:14 pm

@jad928 - cute avi! Is that from shingling or a twist out? looks great!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyQ 9th November 2009, 1:07 am

Braid Outs are definately something I love. It's fast!

Last edited by KinkyQ on 9th November 2009, 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : errors)

KinkyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneynBrown 11th November 2009, 10:35 am

TNC, Twist-outs, my fake shirly temple style (twist my hair up tight enough to look like spiral curls when untwisted)
todays style is the TNC

HoneynBrown

http://www.myspace.com/goldengoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 16th November 2009, 3:19 am

Favorite summer style is a braidout. Favorite winter style is hair braided into a high bun.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovely 29th December 2009, 1:10 am

1. Two Strand and Chunky Twists.
2. Wash n' Go.
3. Afro Puff (I rock it ruff and tuff).
4. My Say it Loud!!! Afro (Solid).
5. Sexy Fro Hawk.

These are my top five for now.
NaturallyLovely
NaturallyLovely

https://www.youtube.com/LovelyTrueRed

Back to top Go down

These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles Empty Lol

Post by Renabme 13th February 2010, 10:38 pm

lena73 wrote:I love the TNC (one day I will do it tho...lol)
I basically rock a Puff and curly fro every day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm with you sista. I can't wait until I can actually do a TnC, but until then, I'll be rocking my curly fro, two strand twists, or coils.
Renabme
Renabme

Back to top Go down

Post by Islander3906 13th February 2010, 11:58 pm

OK ladies somebody please show me a picture of the wash and go. Not sure I've seen that. Thanks,
Islander3906
Islander3906

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 15th February 2010, 4:12 pm

Islander3906 wrote:OK ladies somebody please show me a picture of the wash and go. Not sure I've seen that. Thanks,

A wash n go is just washing, co-washing, or wetting your hair, then adding product (if you do), and going (allowing it to air dry). You have seen it before...
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 15th February 2010, 4:38 pm

CurlySpeechTherapist! How are you? I haven't seen you on here in a while! Still loving the profile pic!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 15th February 2010, 8:13 pm

TerraD wrote:CurlySpeechTherapist! How are you? I haven't seen you on here in a while! Still loving the profile pic!

Haha!! Hey!! I've been checking in, but really busy -- and this site is addictive (smile) so to stay productive I had to take a break. Lol
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 15th February 2010, 8:55 pm

I totally understand!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

These Are a Few of My Favorite Styles Empty Vintage Styles

Post by BekkaPoo 17th March 2010, 4:02 pm

http://bobbypinblog.blogspot.com/

Although most of these styles are done on straight hair it's easy to adapt them to curly/kinky hair also. If anything there's some style inspiration there. Enjoy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 24th March 2010, 10:14 pm

Right now mine are:
1. Mostly two-strand twist-outs (20ish twists)....my avi pic is one from last night
2. 8 Two-strand twists into Bantu-knots to preserve twist-outs for the rest of the week
3. Wash-n-go up-dos (varies)
4. 2 Puffs

50% of the time all I ever used to do until my first mini-chop in Dec. 2009 was 2 French Braids for wavy braid-outs. Haven't tried one since beginning my transition. Gonna try it out next Monday or Tuesday on shampoo day Smile

Can't wait to try the Chunky Twist-n-Curl (or whatever that one was with the flexi-rods)!
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by DaNeezal 3rd August 2010, 3:21 pm

I have a question. Is it safe to wear clip in extensions while you're trying to grow your hair longer?
DaNeezal
DaNeezal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next