CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NATURAL NAIL CHALLENGE

+29
funkyhairchic
Pretty_Vee
Lynnieluve
MissyCee
mstokes2008
lmw1950red
Takeya
NaturalTina
.:Eden:.
xtremelyperfect
curlista
CiaE
jac.attack
CocaColaCutie
natural813
NubieNatty
ShortNSassie
Chinita07
MEGAFAITH
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
NaturalNixon
ChrsLvsBks
tiashaunteƩ
krazy coils
PaganWifey
krys419
Ms Hood
curly-me-naturally
33 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

NATURAL NAIL CHALLENGE - Page 3 Empty Re: NATURAL NAIL CHALLENGE

Post by curly-me-naturally 3rd August 2010, 12:41 am

ShortNSassie wrote:I have gel on my nails, but i really want to take them off and but my nails are paper thin. what do you suggest I used after i removed they usually hurt for a few days once removed.

well what -you want to do is get a nail strengthener and use that for a while ..... they are gonna be weak for a while until your natural nail grows out . Someone said earlier to put small chunks of garlic in some clear polish and to help strengthen the nails.

krazy coils wrote:Curly Me Naturally I love that look! Your nails are looking great.
OK I did my nails today. I usually only wear clear polish on my nails so this is my first time in a long time using color on my finger nails.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Its not neat but I have to get used to doing my nails again.

Thanks Lady !
KC , THAT looks so good , I love the lines real cute and that color looks real good on you !
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd August 2010, 6:21 pm

why wasnt i notified of this challenge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...this is a GREAT idea! too funny cuz ive been contemplating going back n forth on whether i want to get my gel nails back on. when i get it i normally keep em for a good 6 months and i like to keep em short so i dont cut mason face up n scratch em when i lotion him down!

99% of the time if my nails arent done "professionally" i have no color, no basecoat...just plain ol' butt nakey nails. i have no problem growin em out but my thumbs gimme HELLLLL once they get long cuz they split on the side [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . lately ive been experimenting with "designs" since my lil sister introduced me to those skinny brush polishes (ive been so out the loop). i ONLY do my right hand becuz im left handed so attempted anything wit my right hand would be a mess. so on my left hand its a solid color and i just design the right hand.

i like the louboutin mani and the tea bag ideas...pretty neat. i definitely wanna try the tea bag thing cuz ive always been interested in the silk wrap at the nail salon!

im so lazy and i last did this design like last week at work...maybe i'll try to work this into my wkly reggie as im sittin under the dryer or something!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 3rd August 2010, 9:20 pm

Nubie I like that! Girl you got some talent!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 3rd August 2010, 9:25 pm

Hey Nubie !!!!!!!

I got my hands up like Mr Brown , saying (I'm sooorrrryyy!!) lol
we are sorry we didn't tell you . see what had happened wuzz , uhumm lol

naw glad you are here now cause I know you got some style stashed away somewhere !
That design is super cute really digging it ! and your nails are gorgeous.
Yea i this the next time I do my mani I'm gonna do the tea bag thing cause my nail are growing but I see its starting to break in the corners as always so I gotta do something to fix that .

but we are glad you are here [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 3rd August 2010, 9:35 pm

So I had to do my nails over , the last design did not last all the hearts fell off and it looked a little tacky , so I just did a polish change . also I just got my little diamond wheel and wanted to play with the stones ...lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 3rd August 2010, 10:02 pm

very nice
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd August 2010, 11:08 pm

I finally got a chance to post my picture. This is what i got done today. NOOO I did not do it myself, ming lee and nem did them.

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 3rd August 2010, 11:28 pm

did you just say ming lee and nem????
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 4th August 2010, 7:39 am

MEGAFAITH wrote:very nice

thanks Megafaith

CrissyQ wrote:I finally got a chance to post my picture. This is what i got done today. NOOO I did not do it myself, ming lee and nem did them.

Hey Lady , they look very good ...... !

But lmbo!!!!at Ming lee and nem !!
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 4th August 2010, 1:52 pm

I just changed the color of nails to clear i have not really notice a big change in my nails yet it has only been about two weeks since I started this challenge Rolling Eyes @
Crissy your look so good !!!!!

Last edited by MEGAFAITH on 4th August 2010, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pics)
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 4th August 2010, 2:07 pm

MEGAFAITH wrote:I just changed the color of nails to clear i have not really not really notice a big change in my nails yet it has only been about two weeks since I started this challenge Rolling Eyes @

Thanks. What usually helped my nails in the pass is sally hansen's "hard as nails" it grows my nails really good, I put a coat of it on last night. Also i have been using my shea butter mixture (shea, jojoba, olive, castor oil) around my cuticles and nails. Dont know if it has any benefits, just trying something. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 4th August 2010, 2:28 pm

I got my nails to here before..but it's almost the same length again in just a month. My secret coconut oil Smile
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th August 2010, 3:39 pm

Pretty nails ladies!!

@natural813, how do you use the coconut oil on your nails? This inquiring mind wants to know.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th August 2010, 3:47 pm

i want in on this challenge! i keep telling myself i'm going to do weekly manis and pedis...well i starting tonight!!! (mostly because i'm prepping for my high school reunion trip. i'm so excited about this!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 4th August 2010, 7:57 pm

MEGAFAITH wrote:I just changed the color of nails to clear i have not really notice a big change in my nails yet it has only been about two weeks since I started this challenge Rolling Eyes @

Don't worry you will see a change , it kind of sneaks up on ya . just keep polishing to keep them protected and try to resist messing with them . and soon as you see a snag just file it off . that's what I've been doing and they are starting to look real good .

natural813 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got my nails to here before..but it's almost the same length again in just a month. My secret coconut oil Smile

wow ......very nice !!! beautiful nails ....like Chrys how to use that coconut oil?

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Pretty nails ladies!!

@natural813, how do you use the coconut oil on your nails? This inquiring mind wants to know.

Thanks Mrs Chrys

CocaColaCutie wrote:i want in on this challenge! i keep telling myself i'm going to do weekly manis and pedis...well i starting tonight!!! (mostly because i'm prepping for my high school reunion trip. i'm so excited about this!

Welcome the the natural nail challenge !!! we are happy to have you !! don't forget to show us pictures ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th August 2010, 11:37 pm

so my wkly mani is today, im gonna try to do them every week but im so low maintenance wit my nails. i actually dont push my cuticles back becuz it doesnt hinder my growth obviously but i do massage them with this herbal cuticle repair butter made from herbs infused w/evoo, candelilia wax, tea tree, lemon n eucalyptus oil (from subtle essence) and i also lotion my hands down w/some whipped shea too.

i wanted to do the louboutin mani but i cant get the top off my OPI bottle (yellin for watermelon-i like the titles of these colors, lol)...this crap is on extra tight [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i think the hardest part of this challenge for me will be my thumbs! i can never retain length wit my thumbs so i keep em low. the moment they get long they always split on the side and the split is always...ALWAYS right at the meat part [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

dont laugh at my hand "pose" its my right hand and its lookin like Handyman!!

take 2...i give up, i was tryin to capture the coral color...dmn iphone!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 5th August 2010, 12:57 am

I just love how this challenge is gorwing
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 5th August 2010, 3:06 am

NubieNatty wrote:so my wkly mani is today, im gonna try to do them every week but im so low maintenance wit my nails. i actually dont push my cuticles back becuz it doesnt hinder my growth obviously but i do massage them with this herbal cuticle repair butter made from herbs infused w/evoo, candelilia wax, tea tree, lemon n eucalyptus oil (from subtle essence) and i also lotion my hands down w/some whipped shea too.

i wanted to do the louboutin mani but i cant get the top off my OPI bottle (yellin for watermelon-i like the titles of these colors, lol)...this crap is on extra tight [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i think the hardest part of this challenge for me will be my thumbs! i can never retain length wit my thumbs so i keep em low. the moment they get long they always split on the side and the split is always...ALWAYS right at the meat part [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

dont laugh at my hand "pose" its my right hand and its lookin like Handyman!!

take 2...i give up, i was tryin to capture the coral color...dmn iphone!!

Nice Nubie love that design and color ....really cute . and you have nice hands , they don't look like handy man .

MEGAFAITH wrote:I just love how this challenge is gorwing

me too !
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th August 2010, 11:21 am

nice nails everyone. I am glad i joined i figured since i will be 35, its time to step my hand game up a bit. I use to did not care the least, but now i cant wait to go and get them done.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th August 2010, 12:23 pm

Pretty nails nubie--great job!!!

Where do you purchase the thin nail brushes and nail art? Do you think I can get them on ebay? What are they called? TIA
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th August 2010, 12:34 pm

Nubie that coral color is pretty!

@natural 813, I would also like to know how you use the coconut oil and its benefits to nails.

@Chrs I've been able to find the thin nail brushes and nail art at the local BSS.

I also use the Sally Hansen "hard as nails" on my nails as a base coat. I've been rubbing jojoba oil on my nails also and they seem to be firmer because of this.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 5th August 2010, 8:44 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Pretty nails nubie--great job!!!

Where do you purchase the thin nail brushes and nail art? Do you think I can get them on ebay? What are they called? TIA

Yes Mrs Chrys you can get them from ebay .....a while back I saw some on there (there still there) but there are different brands , but the most popular is LA colors art deco , you can but them individually or you can get like 12 different ones for 16.00 ....or you can google La colors and it will pull up sites that sell it . and then there is the Kiss nail art ...those are the ones i know of . but it is a lot on ebay [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by curly-me-naturally on 6th August 2010, 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't write ..lol)
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th August 2010, 12:02 am

id get em in a set on ebay myself but i got mine from 5 below store for 3 for $5...i think!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 7th August 2010, 1:54 am

I DID MY MANI TONIGHT OK LADIES I HAVE NOTICE THAT MY NAILS ARE GROWING woot! THE COLORS I USED WERE FRENCH ROSE AND CLEAR I CAN BE SUCH A PLAIN JANE SOMETIMES

MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th August 2010, 2:11 am

aint nothin wrong wit plain jane! i prefer more neutral/sheer colors myself. its this one OPI color thats like a pale skin tone kinda color from 2 summers ago and i cant find it anymore [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . its my faaaavorite; think french manicure white mixed w/the american manicure color!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next