CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two-strand Twists issues

+3
Neems
ChrsLvsBks
patmichele
7 posters

Go down

Two-strand Twists issues Empty Two-strand Twists issues

Post by patmichele 30th June 2010, 8:27 pm

I really need help with twist! They seem pretty easy to do, but i'm having trouble with my ends staying together or curling up. I've tried shea butter and other things (execpt gel) but my ends still unravel and remain straight. I don't have any chemical on my hair, i get pretty good wngs; so why wont my ends curl or stay together. I must be doing something wrong. I'd like to wear dry twist, so that they can have length. Any suggestions?
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Two-strand Twists issues Empty Re: Two-strand Twists issues

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th June 2010, 9:09 pm

Some things to try include aloe vera gel or gelly, castor oil, avocado oil or your favorite moisturizer/conditioner. After apply it, twirl it around your pointer finger. IMO, the looser your curl pattern, the bigger the twists should be. Perhaps try making your twists larger (diameter no smaller than the thickness of your pinky).

Another option is to braid the ends, some braid the beginning then twist. You can try the opposite--twist then braid.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 30th June 2010, 10:06 pm

If you don't mind shrinkage I usually mist my ends after twisting and seal with oil or shea butter. You could also roll your ends or the tiny perm rods if you want it really curly.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by puff1000 30th June 2010, 10:45 pm

Have you tried Nikki's twist-n-curl method?

puff1000

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 30th June 2010, 11:54 pm

Thank you both for the suggestions....
Chrslvsbks- you are always on it. I checked out your fotki and i love,love, love your hair. Therefore pretty much anything you say i'll try! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Puff1000, yes I've tried that....that's actually the look I'm wearing in my pic, i like that look, but it's a twist out (i think that what it's called). I want to wear my twist and style them. I'm looking for a protective style and something that will help me retain moisture and growth.....
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st July 2010, 10:32 am

if your ends are not staying together, i agree with chrslvsbk. also, maybe you need to twist in smaller sections, deep condition with good protein and/or moisture and make sure to rinse with ice cold water, seal the ends with castor oil after twisting, slightly mist the ends with water and seal with evoo.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 1st July 2010, 11:47 am

it also might be heat damage ... i think i read that you were pretty much blow drying/flat ironing for many years? i know the heat damaged portions of my hair would go straight with twists, whilst the healthy parts would be fine and curl normally. u may have to use rods for the ends to make them curl.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 1st July 2010, 4:59 pm

My hair does the same and although I haven't tried to wear my twists as a style (only for twist outs) I have just resigned myself to rolling those few that won't stay twisted. It is probably heat damage. When you are doing a wash and go the straight end is forced to conform to what the rest of its curly strand is doing but when you twist, those ends are the star of the show and get to put themselves out there for the world to see. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HTH!

http://public.fotki.com/jada07/
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 1st July 2010, 7:50 pm

Wow...that makes sense. I am pretty sure it is heat damage because, yes, the blow dryer and flat iron were my best friends for many, many years. Thanks ladies!
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down