CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFROVEDA

+14
KnottyKinkyMommy
coilykinks
JerseyGyrl
naturalnat
priceless
Neems
justicenga
ChrsLvsBks
raslade808
Niqui36
krazy coils
NewlyNina
jlowman1
dyamonds10
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AFROVEDA Empty AFROVEDA

Post by dyamonds10 30th June 2010, 12:09 pm

Has anyone tried any afroveda products? If so, how did you use it and would you purchase again?

Thanks!
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

AFROVEDA Empty Re: AFROVEDA

Post by jlowman1 30th June 2010, 12:34 pm

I have the Sunsilk Citrus Hair Oil... I rub a little in my palms and run it over my twists before I them down for a twistout. It absorbs well and leaves my hair really shiny. I love the smell too. It has a light citrus scent and smells really fresh. I would definitely purchase again.

I also have a sample size of the Curl Define. I've used a little to refresh my twisout and it kept my hair pretty moisturized.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 30th June 2010, 1:08 pm

I love Afroveda! Especially the Whipped Hair Gelly and the Shea Amla...nothing but good things from her products. I'm about to order as we speak.
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 30th June 2010, 1:50 pm

I have the Shea Amla hair butter and the Pur whipped gelly gel and use both for twists and braidouts. I get really good definition from both of these. The shea amla has a creamy consistency but the smell is strong and is something that a lot of people complained of. It doesn't bother me so I would definitely repurchase.

An unscented line is coming out on July 4th for customers who didn't like the scented products.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 30th June 2010, 2:29 pm

I use the pur whipped gelly when I'm retwisting a twistout. I love it. I have most of the butters too and love them. The only thing I didn't care for was the goat milk hair conditioner. I would definately repurchase the gelly.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by raslade808 30th June 2010, 3:24 pm

i liked the pur whipped gelly, it just dried out my hair. the oils were really nice, her butters were ok. the totally twisted ginger butter smells like a relaxer, the shea amla butter is a good moisturizer, but again her smells are awful. if you ever tried oyin's frank juice... it's like to the polar opposite of that. i couldn't stand the smell, it didn't go away immediately. the cocolate moisture mask is ok, it wasn't as moisturizing as the shea amla. I would recommend samples of everything because buying full sizes may not work for you if you are very smell sensitive.

i used the pur whipped jelly over the shea amla. I washed my hair with her shampoo bar, which is in my opinion the best shampoo bar to date.

the deep conditioner that she has, the ashii amala red raspberry intense deep conditioner... big disappointment. it is so thin, and watery. i like thick deep conditioners like jessicurl or darcy's or kbb. it was just water. it didn't do anthing special for my hair either. like herbal essences did more for me.

i tried the cocolatte with the pur whipped jelly for a twist out. again, her butters are amazing with her gel, the put whipped jelly just dried my hair out.

good luck with your purchase!

raslade808

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th June 2010, 4:10 pm

I love Afroveda's Totally twisted ginger almond butter. I have repurchased.

I also purchased Neem 3 Triphala Silk Protein Hair Conditioner, Hibiscus Hair Infusion Oil and PUR Whipped Hair Gelly. I will not repurchase the oil and conditioner. The conditioner did not provide any benefits, IMO. My hair did not feel strengthened an there was not enough slip. The oil smells great but I can get by without paying for oil someone else makes. Love the whipped gelly, may repurchase.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 30th June 2010, 6:28 pm

I LOVE Afroveda products!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I currently have the Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter and the Pur Whipped Gelly. They are both great. I have repurchased and will continue to do so. They are definitely my number one products. I use them to twist and refresh. Did I mention that I LOVE Afroveda? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 30th June 2010, 6:52 pm

Someone else recommended Afrfoveda. What do you ladies use the pur whipped gelly for? Would it work on micro-twists?
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 30th June 2010, 7:21 pm

Neems wrote:Someone else recommended Afrfoveda. What do you ladies use the pur whipped gelly for? Would it work on micro-twists?

Hey Neems yes the pur whipped gelly would work for micro-twists. I use it in combination with the shea amla for hold on my twists.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 30th June 2010, 7:41 pm

I used the whipped gelly on my edges and it did wonders. I had mucho curl definition. But one of my friends brought it and gave me a sample of it. I was going to order today but OMG the shipping is expensive. Got to wait on that for a while.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalnat 30th June 2010, 8:55 pm

I LOVE Afroveda. I use the Shea Amla Whipped Butter for my two strand twists/twistouts/braidouts... well, almost in every hairstyle. I recently got hooked on the CocoLatte Mask. It's lighter (for the summer months) than the Shea Amla and works better on my smaller two strand twist.
naturalnat
naturalnat

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 30th June 2010, 11:35 pm

i also like Afroveda. I use the twisted ginger almond butter for dry flat twists It is very moisturizing. I use the pur whipped jelly for tiny twists and to slick back my sides when wearing a bun.
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 1st July 2010, 8:53 pm

I ordered products on last week, and now I can't wait to get them.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 2nd July 2010, 5:33 pm

I can't stand the Shea Amla cream...it stinks and does nothing for my hair.
I like the Curl Define butter...it smells nice and is a decent moisturizer...but its not worth repurchasing.
I really, really like the PUR whipped jelly...it smells great and has a light hold without too much crunch...yet still, I would not repurchase because the ingredients are so basic...aloe vera gel and oil....so simple, I can make my own.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd July 2010, 8:55 pm

Neems wrote:Someone else recommended Afrfoveda. What do you ladies use the pur whipped gelly for? Would it work on micro-twists?
I used it for twist outs, braid outs and WnGs. Yes, it should work for micro twists.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teency 17th July 2010, 4:03 pm

I am impatiently awaiting my order from Afroveda. I placed an order on 7/7/10, and today is 7/17/10 and I haven't received it yet. Apparently it takes 14 days for them to ship. Anyone else had it take so long?

Teency

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 17th July 2010, 4:40 pm

it does take exactly 14 days. I finally recv'd my order after 14days.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Teency 17th July 2010, 6:56 pm

okay, thankyou coilykinks...I appreciate it!

Teency

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 18th July 2010, 12:57 am

Fortunately I can get it locally. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 18th July 2010, 8:34 am

justicenga wrote:Fortunately I can get it locally. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey Justicenga,

I'm in the Atlanta area, where do you purchase your Afroveda locally? If I can save on shipping that would be great. TIA
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by pbisaac 18th July 2010, 6:23 pm

Krazycoils you can get it here.

Sage Naturalceuticals
238 Walker Street, #8
Atlanta, GA 30312 afro

pbisaac

Back to top Go down

Post by HollyEP85 6th August 2010, 4:06 am

I am probably late to the topic but I just got in Afro Veda Curl Define, Moisturizing Hair Butter. It had a light, fresh smell that I really love. Kind of sweet and citrusy (im guessing its the sweet orange and vanilla EOs). I used it for flat twists for a twist out and it has really nice hold, excellent moisturizing properties. I am very picky about what goes in my hair. I do not use anything like ecostyler because it seems to dry my scalp out. I got mine from goodhairmart.com. Great customer service by the way.
HollyEP85
HollyEP85

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 21st August 2010, 11:17 pm

I recv'd my Afroveda, and now I need help. I have the Curl Define, Pur Whipped Gelly, Cocolatte Mask, and the Ginger Almond Butter.

Which leave-in should I use with Afroveda that will not cause my hair to turn white, and also How do I refresh my styles or get day 2 hair? Will good ole' water work?

Please Help!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 22nd August 2010, 12:04 am

thanks to nubie i have the totally twisted almond butter and i LOVE it. i use it for braid outs, but for the fall/winter months, i'm definitely using it for twists. i'm definitely repurchasing Very Happy plus, it smells so good!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next