CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Afro

3 posters

Go down

Dry Afro Empty Dry Afro

Post by msnubeauty 29th June 2010, 9:49 pm

Hey Everyone! I am new here and need any advice I can get. I did the big chop and my afro is so dry. what do I do?

First, I know I need to go shopping for hair products. I already have Herbal Essences Hydralicious, olive oil, coconut oil hair milk, castor oil, infusium 23 shampoo and conditioner.a lot of products from when I was relaxed, ORS replenishing paks which don't seem to work. Now, ladies tell me what do I need to get and which ones I need to sell to get it cuz I'm broke. HaHa!

I will post a pic soon so all can see how dry it is and tell me what hair type I have.

Thanks Ladies!
msnubeauty
msnubeauty

Back to top Go down

Dry Afro Empty Re: Dry Afro

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th June 2010, 10:04 pm

Check out this thread. You might find something helpful here.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/my-hair-is-so-dry-i-wanna-cry--t4768.htm

Also, check out some of the Curl Street Journal's. There may be some tips in there that are useful. Lots of information, I know, but sometimes you have to sift thorugh to find what you need.

Not sure where you live but it's very hot and humd where I live in Maryland. I've started twisting my hair to protect it from the elements and my dryness issue has improved. I'm 4 mos post BC.

Good luck!

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 30th June 2010, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by msnubeauty 30th June 2010, 5:31 pm

Bump! I've added a PIC if that helps.
msnubeauty
msnubeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by msnubeauty 30th June 2010, 5:33 pm

Thanks DvaAuNaturel,

I am headed over to Curl Street Journals now.
msnubeauty
msnubeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 1st July 2010, 11:01 am

It seems that you're lacking a water-based moisturizer. You have the oils you need to seal but nothing to add moisture with. You can try making your own spritz with water, vegetable glycerin, conditioner and oils or buy a bottle of S-curl activator spray or Carefree Curl Gold. These were the first moisturizers I used when I transitioned. You could even get the Infusium 23 Leave-in spray.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down