CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!!THINNING EDGES!!!

+6
HennaRo
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Naturally Nu*
luvmenatural
nigerianbeautii
10 posters

Go down

!!THINNING EDGES!!! Empty !!THINNING EDGES!!!

Post by nigerianbeautii 13th November 2009, 3:54 pm

So after years and years of constantly braiding and weaving, my edges took a serious beating. Now they are terribly thin and I'm desperate to find any method to grow them back...any suggestions?
nigerianbeautii
nigerianbeautii

Back to top Go down

!!THINNING EDGES!!! Empty Re: !!THINNING EDGES!!!

Post by luvmenatural 15th November 2009, 1:21 am

Nigerianbeautii,
Send me an email at uvmenatural@gmail.com and I can get you some information about some oils for your hair that will help it grow. I live in Philly and can also look up some herb stores for you, have to do some reseach.
luvmenatural
luvmenatural

http://luvmenatural.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nigerianbeautii 15th November 2009, 1:24 am

wow thanks sooo much!! i live near philly so i will definately be email-ing u soon! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nigerianbeautii
nigerianbeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 16th November 2009, 5:21 am

I don't know how serious the thinning is, but Profectiv Growth and Healing Anti-Thinning Circulation Stimulant works pretty well.

I think they also have a product for a thinning treatment as well. (That I haven't tried).
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by nigerianbeautii 16th November 2009, 1:12 pm

well its not serious thinning but its definately noticable--esp on the the right side...i've tried the dr. miracle one but that didnt really work for me...i'll try the products u suggested--thanks!
nigerianbeautii
nigerianbeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 16th November 2009, 4:49 pm

how about mega-tek?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nigerianbeautii 16th November 2009, 7:38 pm

whats mega-tek?
nigerianbeautii
nigerianbeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th November 2009, 12:45 am

where can we find mega-tek?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by luvmenatural 17th November 2009, 1:44 am

Mega Tek is a protein rich creme conditioner made for Horses, but ll the rage on Naural hair blogs. Protien is usually best for people with thin hair. If you have thick hair, it may work, it may. My experience with Mega-Tek was horrible as I lost more hair then I grew. Mega-tek is made by Shapley and you can get it on- line. I would recommend a biotin vitamins, which is a B-6 vitamin. This vitamin is essentail to protien absorption, which is nourishing to our hair and aids in growth ( side effect-Acne for some). Next you want to evaluate your diet- eat more veggies, sip green tea and add aloe Vera Gel to your drinks, and try a Whole food multi-vitamin. You can also get some peppermint Essential Oil mixed with jojba oil and apply it to your temple area twice a week. I am starting my own Natural product line based on my success with different herb and Essential Oils that helped me to grow my hair, so I learned by trial and error . Hair growth is based on your diet ( foods, vitamins, water and even the toxins in your blood), the manner in which you wear your hair, avoid pulling your hair back in tight braids and puffs...Hope this was helpful Nigerianbeautii...sorry late.
luvmenatural
luvmenatural

http://luvmenatural.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nigerianbeautii 18th November 2009, 5:04 pm

luvmenatural wrote:Mega Tek is a protein rich creme conditioner made for Horses, but ll the rage on Naural hair blogs. Protien is usually best for people with thin hair. If you have thick hair, it may work, it may. My experience with Mega-Tek was horrible as I lost more hair then I grew. Mega-tek is made by Shapley and you can get it on- line. I would recommend a biotin vitamins, which is a B-6 vitamin. This vitamin is essentail to protien absorption, which is nourishing to our hair and aids in growth ( side effect-Acne for some). Next you want to evaluate your diet- eat more veggies, sip green tea and add aloe Vera Gel to your drinks, and try a Whole food multi-vitamin. You can also get some peppermint Essential Oil mixed with jojba oil and apply it to your temple area twice a week. I am starting my own Natural product line based on my success with different herb and Essential Oils that helped me to grow my hair, so I learned by trial and error . Hair growth is based on your diet ( foods, vitamins, water and even the toxins in your blood), the manner in which you wear your hair, avoid pulling your hair back in tight braids and puffs...Hope this was helpful Nigerianbeautii...sorry late.

thanks sooo much!!!! =)
nigerianbeautii
nigerianbeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th November 2009, 10:20 pm

great info. God bless on your new product hair line, luvmenatural. Nice curls too.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by HennaRo 21st November 2009, 4:59 pm

Castor oil works wonders for me. Also made my hair thick.....really thick!
HennaRo
HennaRo

Back to top Go down

Post by beAutiFul.jOuRnee 24th November 2009, 4:03 am

nigerianbeautii wrote:So after years and years of constantly braiding and weaving, my edges took a serious beating. Now they are terribly thin and I'm desperate to find any method to grow them back...any suggestions?

Hey nigerianbeautii! I'm nigerian too! Smile But anyways, i've been using micros for a while now and i can't stress moisture enough. i moisturize my edges EVERYDAY! but before that, i had an issue on my left side and i used a hot oil treat (jojoba oil) ...you can get it anywhere. i usually get it from sally's beauty supply and i used it once every 2 weeks, sometimes once a week. But it worked miracles. After a month my hair got thicker. I would also suggest a multivitamin also!
beAutiFul.jOuRnee
beAutiFul.jOuRnee

Back to top Go down

Post by nigerianbeautii 24th November 2009, 12:14 pm

beAutiFul.jOuRnee wrote:
nigerianbeautii wrote:So after years and years of constantly braiding and weaving, my edges took a serious beating. Now they are terribly thin and I'm desperate to find any method to grow them back...any suggestions?

Hey nigerianbeautii! I'm nigerian too! Smile But anyways, i've been using micros for a while now and i can't stress moisture enough. i moisturize my edges EVERYDAY! but before that, i had an issue on my left side and i used a hot oil treat (jojoba oil) ...you can get it anywhere. i usually get it from sally's beauty supply and i used it once every 2 weeks, sometimes once a week. But it worked miracles. After a month my hair got thicker. I would also suggest a multivitamin also!

uh oh!! naija sista!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol....
thanks sooo much for ur suggestion...i heard jojoba oil was really good for the scalp...i'll def be trying that treatment--thanks again!
nigerianbeautii
nigerianbeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sade8821 27th November 2009, 10:08 pm

i have thin/none edges and i have been using biotin pills for about a month and castor oil for a week now and its thicking up alittle.
but i'll wait a few more months to see if its actually working

Sade8821

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 28th November 2009, 1:23 am

luvmenatural wrote:Mega Tek is a protein rich creme conditioner made for Horses, but ll the rage on Naural hair blogs. Protien is usually best for people with thin hair. If you have thick hair, it may work, it may. My experience with Mega-Tek was horrible as I lost more hair then I grew. Mega-tek is made by Shapley and you can get it on- line. I would recommend a biotin vitamins, which is a B-6 vitamin. This vitamin is essentail to protien absorption, which is nourishing to our hair and aids in growth ( side effect-Acne for some). Next you want to evaluate your diet- eat more veggies, sip green tea and add aloe Vera Gel to your drinks, and try a Whole food multi-vitamin. You can also get some peppermint Essential Oil mixed with jojba oil and apply it to your temple area twice a week. I am starting my own Natural product line based on my success with different herb and Essential Oils that helped me to grow my hair, so I learned by trial and error . Hair growth is based on your diet ( foods, vitamins, water and even the toxins in your blood), the manner in which you wear your hair, avoid pulling your hair back in tight braids and puffs...Hope this was helpful Nigerianbeautii...sorry late.

good luck on your line!! i would love to try your products!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 28th November 2009, 11:58 am

megatek worked well, however, I dont know if it worked so well because of the product itself or because of the massaging that the bottle suggests.

For my thinning edges I stopped ALL styling that would put tension on the edges (my two staple styles were puffs and ponys) and starting paying attention. I used mega tek 1-2x a week, I made sure to massage my scalp (especially around the edges) at least 5-10 minutes a day. I also massaged peppermint oil on the edges. There are a few other essential oils that should work well too. Peppermint oil is a natural vasodilator so it helps increase the blood flow to that area

These methods can help with temporary hair loss but for permanent hairloss you will need to see a dermatologist/trichologist

(I was so worried I thought my hairline would NEVER grow back! But its back, thick and getting back to where it used to be)

Good luck with your hair line!!!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maricopa 28th November 2009, 2:33 pm

My edges have thinned out considerablyI started using pepperment/rosemary/jojoba oils daily a week now and I am looking forward to seeing some results. Where can I buy Mega-tek?
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 29th November 2009, 1:58 pm

ooh by the way, what is VERY important for your edges is to make sure to either sleep with a satin pillowcase or with a satin scarf on your head. Cotton can ruin any progress you may ever make!

@maricopa, I got my megatek from www.revivalanimal.com
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maricopa 29th November 2009, 3:58 pm

Thanks Cutephantasm, I am using the satin head scarfs while I sleep and putting try to be more conscience of applying less stress on my edges as possible. I will be checking out the website for megatek. Thanks much.
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd December 2009, 5:56 am

I was having such a problem to with my edges, mostly those 2 points on either side of the head (u know what I am talking about?). Well I applied castor oil overnight only to those balding spots every night, no matter what style my hair was in. And I found that it worked very well.

I always thought that it was hereditary from my dad. But now I can clearly see hair can and will grow there. I just have to remember that those hairs in that area are very very very fragile and I cannot use anything stronger than a toothbrush to slick it down (if I must slick it down). Also I am careful with gels and tight buns or ponys.

Oh, and I also invested in a satin pillowcase, and not a satin bonnet, to get rid of any friction on my edges.
I truly believe a combo of these attributed to grow in that area.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down