CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desired lenght

+51
prettybrowneyes66
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
StephanieB
Karyn
CurlsGalore
BekkaPoo
deeply_rooted_chick
lumii
Mak
Russet
Offandrunning
Kurlikinkiklassic
hyspin
LearninToLove
Notthecoolmom
CombatCurls
cocoachanel
laughlovelivelife
cdawnlujan
newfoundbeauty
JazeyNinja27
_kiner_
dior_diva
BrownSkinDiva
maysay
NoPhonyPony
mitchellzee
Lena_Jolie
Tamren
LilMsPuddles
QuietButterfly
cutephantasm
leightred
KiNkYnEsT
truet
Lita
TerraD
brittany_smiley
KinkySheaPT
jamaicacurl
AfroButtafly
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
ActionActress
*CurlyNikki*
natural83
tiashaunteƩ
BostonMaria
Jonezy
makeupvixen
Mimi
55 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Desired lenght - Page 2 Empty Re: Desired lenght

Post by cutephantasm 20th December 2009, 3:02 pm

I would like to be around bra strap length at least curly (which would probably mean tailbone length straight)...right now im bra strap length straight and just above the shoulders curly (MAJOR SHRINKAGE!!) But knowing me, I think I would let it grow to as long as it can possibly grow lol..

that should be another 2 years about...
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 20th December 2009, 3:13 pm

I would love my hair to be shoulder length curly/kinky, which would probably make it almost BSL straight. That would make me so happy since it really doesn't seem to be growing much, if at all, at the moment. I have no idea how long it will take me to reach this length, but hopefully I'll be able to see some kind of difference in length in a year. I plan on treating my hair way better in the new year!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 20th December 2009, 3:26 pm

I would love to have my hair back to between mid back and waist length curly/twisted. I think I can do it by the summer or at latest by the fall.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 20th December 2009, 7:26 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:I would love my hair to be shoulder length curly/kinky, which would probably make it almost BSL straight. That would make me so happy since it really doesn't seem to be growing much, if at all, at the moment. I have no idea how long it will take me to reach this length, but hopefully I'll be able to see some kind of difference in length in a year. I plan on treating my hair way better in the new year!!!

my thoughts exactly!! I want the same for myself.
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 20th December 2009, 7:29 pm

I have a question for those of you out there that were successful in growing your hair long, or to your desired length...what did you do to achieve your length? How long did it take you? How consistent were you? Did you have a particular regimen? Please dish! I think all of us ladies would like to hear from someone that has achieved their hair length goals!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena_Jolie 20th December 2009, 9:01 pm

I almost made my goal of the year (APL-straight) but we only have a week or so left in 09 so.....collar bone length is where I am now, and I'm so happy! lol havent seen it in a while. My goal by summer is APL or a little past, but I'm shooting for BSL by at least the end of 2010. Of course, any longer lengths would be warmly welcomed and appreciated lol

I agree with natural83; I think you ladies to dish about your routines, etc Smile only if you want to though
Lena_Jolie
Lena_Jolie

http://angel-jolie-chronicles.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchellzee 21st December 2009, 3:27 am

Greetings and Salutations...Forum Newbie

First time posting...My current goal is for Shoulder length hair by May 2010; I'll be 1 year Natural on 5/3/10. Right now, I'm sittin' at just above shoulder in the very back--sides are chin length, front is tip of nose. The side length is what I really want to see grow. When I was relaxed, it stayed at about chin length. After I reach this first goal, I guess APL is next [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I'm really looking forward to seeing how long I can grow it in 2 years time.
mitchellzee
mitchellzee

http://www.curlyincolorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPhonyPony 21st December 2009, 1:42 pm

my ultimate goal is fabulously healthy APL hair when curly. i'm hoping to be there in about 18 months--so summer of 2011. i never had a problem growing my hair when it was relaxed so hopefully it'll grow faster now that it's on a healthier track.
NoPhonyPony
NoPhonyPony

Back to top Go down

Post by maysay 22nd December 2009, 11:58 pm

I want my shrunken hair to be a big fluffy round halo that reaches from shoulder to shoulder...and falls to about apl. I want my stretched hair to reach between hip and classic length. And I want to have a huge bun...so big that it looks like there's fake hair added into it.

Honestly, it'll take several years so I'm just enjoying the ride. Each day my hair is longer than the day before, and that makes me happy!

maysay

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd December 2009, 11:14 pm

I would love BSL hair curly, but im not too pressed about getting it a certain length right now because its growing at an awesome pace...Im just blessed to be able to have this new hair...(yeah im a natural newbie, and adore it Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by dior_diva 24th December 2009, 1:31 am

I wish for full apl when curly or waist length straightened. I believe these will coincide. I think it will take another 4-5 years and I'm okay with that. I had a 3 years transition once before so this should be easy.

dior_diva

http://fotki.com/beyondcute

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchellzee 24th December 2009, 5:43 am

dior_diva wrote:I wish for full apl when curly or waist length straightened. I believe these will coincide. I think it will take another 4-5 years and I'm okay with that. I had a 3 years transition once before so this should be easy.

WOW! I think for length..yes, this is desirable. I just keep wondering what it would be like to work with that much hair. Does it get easier to manage or is it more of a chore?
mitchellzee
mitchellzee

http://www.curlyincolorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by _kiner_ 24th December 2009, 10:27 pm

I'm hoping for APL curly...but I really just want really big hair. So whatever length I get the most volume will be it!
_kiner_
_kiner_

http://makinithompson.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JazeyNinja27 27th December 2009, 1:30 am

my goal is mid back length, and right now i'm shoulder length in the back, chin length in the middle, and nose length (lol) in the front...so i'm thinkin i'm lookin at 5 years.... grrr.
JazeyNinja27
JazeyNinja27

Back to top Go down

Post by newfoundbeauty 27th December 2009, 8:21 am

Ever since I saw Teri from tightlycurly.com I have wanted my hair just like hers. I have a similar if not same hair texture as hers and have never let it grow to its full potential. Now that I'm going natural, I can't wait to see what my hair's full potential is, but I'm hoping it'll grow as long as Teri's. It's currents BSL when stretched and I have no idea how fast it grows, so I'm guessing 3-5 years (???)

newfoundbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 27th December 2009, 2:21 pm

My desired length is hip length and I have a good 5 inches to go...so maybe the fall/winter of 2010! Right now, it's about an inch below bsl...
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by laughlovelivelife 27th December 2009, 8:57 pm

My goal is to have my straight hair fully cover both of my boobs so I can make a super hot water photo shoot. You know like emerging from the water hair all slick...LOL j/k (but not really). I guess this translates having my curly hair BSL. In response to natural83, I basically cut my straight hair to a few inches past CBL Feb last year and I have seen a lot of growth since then. The main things I have done include my hair being in protecting styles during the week (two french braids), using JBCO from time to time applied directly to the scalp, no heat AT ALL other than the SUN, sealing ends with Shea butter, sleeping on a satin pillowcase, DT every week (kinda), and I did henna a few times. Although my hair did get thicker from henna, it also disrupting my curl pattern. Hope that helps!
laughlovelivelife
laughlovelivelife

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 30th December 2009, 5:19 am

My hair is pretty much APL now which was my goal when I first began my hair journey. It's at the beginning of APL and probably needs another half and inch or so to be full APL. I said I would simply let my hair grow out as it may after that with no specific goal in mind. But between the time I began my hair journey to now has been about three years. But with all the set backs and learning curves I had it took about 2 years for me to go from SL to APL. That may seem like a long time to have such small progress but I enjoy the length my hair has been though sometimes I feel my hair should be longer for as long as I've been caring for it - but I do feel that maybe some of my health and stress issues may have detered some of that potential length.

It's not a precise goal or a precise length marker but I wouldn't mind having my hair fall past my boobs one day. Seeing as I've got big ones that a fantastic feat right there. It would probably equate to MBL. I think I would stop there. I definitely know if I ever made it to WL I would stop there and maintain that length or probabaly end up cutting. I don't know, I feel long hair is beautiful but after a certain length it begins to loose it's appeal.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CombatCurls 30th December 2009, 3:14 pm

I would like for my hair to be BSL curly. Silly question is BSL the top of the band or the bottom? I have been natural for a year and a little scissor happy along the way and i don't really do length checks but my twist are little bit below my nose. I figure i will give myself 5 years. Right now i'm doing the crown and glory technique for about 6 months to see how much growth i can get.
CombatCurls
CombatCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 1st January 2010, 9:27 pm

I can't say length, but I want a fro that is so big that people complain that they can't see around it. My mom had a picture in her yearbook and her fro was bigger than her head. I think I want it 2x that. I have no idea how that translates to length, because I am almost terrified to think about adding heat to my hair. I haven't added any since my BC in April '09.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 1st January 2010, 10:04 pm

You're doing tightlycurly too, leightred?!?! That's wonderful! We have LOTS to talk about! =) I also look forward to many years of wonderful growth and healthy hair using her method.
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by hyspin 3rd January 2010, 10:01 pm

I am aiming for shoulder length with shrinkage hair or past bra strap at straight length
hyspin
hyspin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurlikinkiklassic 23rd January 2010, 7:14 pm

Hello all!
I'm a newbie to this site/forum.
I too would like to grow my hair as long as possible, but as I read your posts a thought occurred to me:

Do all hair types have the ability to grow past a certain length?

Sounds like a silly question, but I think I remember reading that each of us has a specific cut-off (for lack of a better word) in terms of length.

That said, in your opinion do you think MOST people should be able to grow hair to BSL (curly)?
Kurlikinkiklassic
Kurlikinkiklassic

Back to top Go down

Post by Offandrunning 24th January 2010, 3:48 am

Im so new in the game...im transitioning, and have about 2-3 inches of new growth....so i guess im on the 5, 10 15 year plan....heck i dont know how long its going to take i want big fluffy full curly hair...if it gets to my shoulders i think i would be happy....it just seems so daunting, cause 5 years at this moment feels like a lifetime...at this point i just hope i have decent length by my 40th which is 2 years away....

Offandrunning

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 25th January 2010, 8:29 pm

My ultimate goal would be to have curly bra strap length hair evenly (front/back), and hopefully stretched that'd be ATLEAST mid back. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near bra strap, so i'm hoping I will be within the next 3-5 years.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum