CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi! I'm Pwatem

+19
deeply_rooted_chick
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
cutephantasm
tiashaunteƩ
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
jzycaramel
AfrikanLatina
Curly Film Chick
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
dajewel
SheeTacular
curly+kinky+fierce
Iomer
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hi! I'm Pwatem - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi! I'm Pwatem

Post by dajewel 23rd November 2009, 7:49 pm

pwatem wrote:
dajewel wrote:man, i was soooo hooked on nutella when i was in europe!!! i had to search high and low for that stuff when i came back!!

me too!!! My Italian teacher told me that they use a certain type of oil in Europe that they don't use in the US that makes it much smoother and creamier. I came back from Italia with a gallon sized tub of Nutella (no lie). I wish they had stores over here completely devoted to Nutella like they do over there. I'm a choco-fiend. lol!

yo, that makes total sense now!!! i was wondering why nutella here was less sweet than the nutella over there. geez!!! are you going to Italy?? you will love it! i lived there during the a summer, and was one of the best experiences of my life!! btw: i don't remember how to speak a lick of italian!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 24th November 2009, 1:19 am

dajewel wrote:
pwatem wrote:
dajewel wrote:man, i was soooo hooked on nutella when i was in europe!!! i had to search high and low for that stuff when i came back!!

me too!!! My Italian teacher told me that they use a certain type of oil in Europe that they don't use in the US that makes it much smoother and creamier. I came back from Italia with a gallon sized tub of Nutella (no lie). I wish they had stores over here completely devoted to Nutella like they do over there. I'm a choco-fiend. lol!

yo, that makes total sense now!!! i was wondering why nutella here was less sweet than the nutella over there. geez!!! are you going to Italy?? you will love it! i lived there during the a summer, and was one of the best experiences of my life!! btw: i don't remember how to speak a lick of italian!

I went to Italy the end of my senior year in high school. I was there for a week and a half, but I will be going back soon to finish the classes/requirements for my minor/major. Where did you stay when you were there??? Italian is my minor, so I'm almost fluent. I've been taking classes for 5 1/2 years.
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 25th November 2009, 1:33 am

I left the sour cream on for 1 1/2 hours, and rinsed with conditioner 2 times. I don't really like the result. My hair was very thick and soft afterwards, but it lost a lot of it's color and shine. I'm glad I have henna waiting for me at home. It also made my hair easy to detangle, though. I think I'm going to stay away from sour cream treatments for a while unless I really feel the need.
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 27th November 2009, 1:14 am

Happy Thanksgiving curlies!!!! Let's bust some belt buckles Ok?!?!?
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by crustaceans 27th November 2009, 2:02 am

Happy Turkey Day to you, too!
crustaceans
crustaceans

http://crustaceans.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 28th November 2009, 1:55 am

@crustaceans thanks!

My henna came!!! I can't wait to henna and trim a little. I still haven't had a chance to go to the beauty supply store, but I will. I forgot to bring a deep conditioner so I guess I'll have to buy some Wink. I really want Elasta QP DPR-11.
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 14th December 2009, 1:26 pm

I bought Aussie Sydney Smooth a few days ago and have been using is with Aussie Moist for the last week and I love it. Combined with Aussie Moist of HE Hello Hydration for better detangling. It smells really good too!!
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 16th December 2009, 3:06 am

I'm hearing so much about Aussie Moist here on the CurlyNikki Forum! The PJ in me is itching to go get some today!

--Reese Hi! I'm Pwatem - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2009, 12:39 am

I love the braid out!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 21st December 2009, 11:42 pm

@ freestyles you should! it is pretty cheap and the best one I have used so far.

@sweetdrk thanks!!

I bought Organix Pomegranate Green Tea shampoo and conditioner, Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo and conditioner, Giovanni 50:50 conditioner, and Organix Pomegranate and Green Tea Styling Whip.

I forgot to bring my cord that connects my camera to my computer, so I won't be uploading pics until next year Mad.

My reviews are as follows so far:

Product: Organix Pomegranate Shampoo

Ingredients: Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-11, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5, DMDM Hydantoin, Silk AMino Complex, Green Tea Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance

(I wonder how close to sulfates is "Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate"? )

Schpiel: Sulfate/Paraben Free.

What's in it for you . . .
Luscious antioxidant rich Pomegranate extracts and Green Tea target dry and brittle hair while awakening follicles to create a luxurious and revitalizing experience, adding a brilliant and luminescent shine.

My experience: It smells great and is kind of similar to Organix Coconut Milk shampoo in that it lathers well, but does not leave the bottle easily and is very thick and clumpy. It smells great and kind of resembles a citrusy smell. I washed my hair with it twice. I really did nothing but clean my hair. I didn't notice any sort of shine they are talking about, and it made my hair more difficult to detangle. I wouldn't recommend it as a clarifying or moisturizing shampoo. For the price ($6.50, but I got mine buy one get one free) it is not adequate and I would say it is worth $2-$3.

Overall Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven out of Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Product: Organix Pomegranate Green Tea Conditioner

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Clyclomethiconem Dimethiconem Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Silk Amino Complex, Green Tea Extractm Pomegranate Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tertasodium EDTA, Fragrance, DMD Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Schpiel: Sulfate/Paraben Free

What's in it for you . . .
Luscious antioxidant rich Pomegranate extracts and Green Tea target dry and brittle hair while awakening follicles to create a luxurious and revitalizing experience, adding a brilliant and luminescent shine.

My experience: It smells great, just like the shampoo. It has no slip whatsoever and is very very light, Airy almost. My hair felt no different or moisturized after leaving it in for about 10 minutes and rinsing 50% out. My hair was not shiny or thick. It felt thinner and limp after using the shampoo/conditioner combo. I went back and added a lot of Aussie Moist because it had no slip, even though high on the ingredients list is behentrimonium. I tried adding a little more and seeing if it worked well as a leave-in and again my hair was limp and lifeless and held no curl. It took FOREVER to dry which for me is a sure sign that a product is not for my hair. If my hair agrees well with a product it will dry quickly.

Overall Rating: Like a Star @ heaven out of Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Product: Organix Pomegranate Green Tea Styling Whip

Ingredients: Water, Lanolin Wax, Ceteareth-20, Ceteryl Alcohol, PVP, Polyquaternium-69, Dimethicone, Behnyl ALcohol, Hydroxyethyl Cetearanudiorioyldimonium Chloridem Isocetyl Alcohol, Diisopropyl Adipate, Parfum, Propylene Gycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropylnyl Butylcarbarnatem Silk Amino Acids, Green Tea Extract, Egg White Protein, Pomegranate Extract, Coumarin.

Schpiel: ORganix Pomegranate Green Tea Styling Whip is a totally indulgent unique blend of organic pomegranate extracts and green tea along with weightless silk and keratin proteins formulated to function as a styling aid and helps revitalize your hair back to it's original good health.

My experience: I first used it after shampooing and conditioning with the Pomegranate Green Tea products (which I don't like) so I was skeptical about the results. I used it on certain parts of my hair and my ends along with my normal mix of Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in conditioner, EVCO, and Fantasia IC Gel. (I left school with a normal humidity of about 85+% to go home where the humidity is in the 60s so I really have to try and stop using products with glycerin in them) I would not recommend using it on the body of your hair, but it is great for edges and the ends of your hair. I love the stuff though!! It does better than any gel that I have ever had and has great hold without drying out my hair or making it too stiff. When you smell is at first is smells good and similar to the shampoo and conditioner, but when you spread it on your fingers it smells not bad, but different. It's texture is very strange. When they say it is a whip they aren't playing. It's sort of thick to the touch and has a heavy but airy feel like it has been whipped thoroughly. The only negative thing about it is that the regular price is $6.50 for 4 oz.

Overall Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven out of Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I haven't used Givovanni 50:50 yet, so I will rate the Tea Tree products after I use it. I love the shampoo for clarifying though!
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2009, 11:55 pm

Great reviews! I should add a rating system to my reviews too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 30th December 2009, 8:20 pm

@lynnieluve
thanks! i love your avatar pic!
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 30th December 2009, 8:27 pm

My sister is natural!!! Hi! I'm Pwatem - Page 2 879602 I took out her weave and cut all her relaxed ends. She has bantu knots in now. They are so cute. I wish I could post pics, but I mentioned my camera dilemma a few posts above so I'll have to wait until Jan 20 (yikes) to add pics Sad.

I am 5 1/2 months into transitioning. I don't know how long I will, but I want to trim my perm as my hair grows and gradually work towards BCing. I think once the ratio of natural hair to permed hair is in favor of the natural I will probably BC. But who knows??
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th December 2009, 8:30 pm

Thanks Pwatem! Congratulations to your sister! How long did she transition?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 30th December 2009, 9:40 pm

your avatar is really cute
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 12:08 am

Oh I love that your sis has joined the curly team. Thats great that she has you there for support and advice.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st December 2009, 2:16 pm

Yeah for your sister!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jzycaramel 2nd January 2010, 9:53 pm

yes that braid and curl is soo fab!

can i ask how do you post a pic in your profile? totally random but had to ask. lol!
jzycaramel
jzycaramel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 10:01 pm

Go to Profile on the toolbar...there is an option called "Avatar" Post pic from there.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 13th February 2010, 5:29 am

Wow I haven't posted since 2009! I didn't bring my camera cord back home with me for winter break so I took no pictures. My hair was never really on point then anyways.

I let my PJ run WILD at home. Some have been successes, others have been icky. I gave my sister the Organix Pomegranate Green Tea Shampoo and Conditioner, and she likes them. She got the Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner and likes them too.

I got Organix Teatree Mint Conditioner, Sauve Humectant Conditioner, J/A/S/O/N/ Natural Biotin Shampoo, Aloe Vera Gelly, and Sea Breeze Astringent.
This has replaced my previous set of shampoo and conditioner regulars.

I used to use:

• HE Hello Hydration
  • HE Totally Twisted
  • Aussie Moist
  • Paul Mitchell Shampoo One

Now I use:

• Sauve Humectant Conditioner
  • Aussie Sydney Smooth
  • Organix Teatree Mint Conditioner
  • J/A/S/O/N/ Natural Biotin Shampoo
  • Amazing Grace Conditioner

The Teatree conditioner is alot like a paste, so I mix it with the Sauve and it helps alot with detangling. The best detangler is Amazing Grace. That stuff is the TRUTH. But I only have a sample size of it (4oz) Crying or Very sad. The regular size is 16oz for $21 I think, which I have to work myself up to allowing my PJ to go for that. But it is well worth it considering the detangling abilities of that conditioner.
I also have started to use Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat as a clarifying shampoo. It works well.

My hair has gotten SOO much longer, and I keep having this urge to BC, but then I fear what I'll look like with short hair (never had it), or how I will take care of it. Because when I'm having a bad hair day I pull it back and if I couldn't do that . . . I'm wrestling with the decision now; and I don't know what to do Rolling Eyes
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 13th February 2010, 5:58 am

Hey pwatem!!! I was just reading your feed and loving your hair journey! You have awesome product reviews and your hair (in the few pics you were able to put up) is beautiful Smile

Hopefully we'll get to see pics of your sister's BC and then yours will follow shortly after!!! If you're not ready, don't do it yet because it wouldn't be profitable for you to regret cutting the relaxer off. I know you would be gorgeous with short hair though because you're just a gorgeous person so don't let that stop you if you want to chop chop
afro

Sidenote: That is SOOOOO dope that you're basically fluent in Italian! I love language but unfortunately I only speak English. for now
lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th February 2010, 1:26 pm

Welcome back. So how long have you been transitioning? I was nervous about having short hair but then I started to think, what better time than now. Once you're natural, you can always pull your hair back in a puff. Those are just some things to think about.

If you are not ready to BC, I definitely say wait. Good luck with your decision and dont say away so long again. Hi! I'm Pwatem - Page 2 Icon_wink
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 16th February 2010, 6:29 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Hey pwatem!!! I was just reading your feed and loving your hair journey! You have awesome product reviews and your hair (in the few pics you were able to put up) is beautiful Smile

Hopefully we'll get to see pics of your sister's BC and then yours will follow shortly after!!! If you're not ready, don't do it yet because it wouldn't be profitable for you to regret cutting the relaxer off. I know you would be gorgeous with short hair though because you're just a gorgeous person so don't let that stop you if you want to chop chop
afro

Sidenote: That is SOOOOO dope that you're basically fluent in Italian! I love language but unfortunately I only speak English. for now
lol!

Lynnieluve wrote:Welcome back. So how long have you been transitioning? I was nervous about having short hair but then I started to think, what better time than now. Once you're natural, you can always pull your hair back in a puff. Those are just some things to think about.

If you are not ready to BC, I definitely say wait. Good luck with your decision and dont say away so long again. Hi! I'm Pwatem - Page 2 Icon_wink

@bholmes thank you!!! now I know all my hard work is paying off. My sister is obsessed with Bantu know-outs now, so I can't wait to see how her hair has grown.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I see all the post-BCers here with no regrets and loving their hair unconditionally. I want that too, but I have to work on my self confidence and my love for my hair before I take the leap. I cant wait until I'm ready to have a afro

P.S. you should learn a language!! *cough* Italian *cough* Wink

@lynnieluve glad to be back! I've been transitioning since July 18, 2009; so I think that's 6-7 months. I think I'm gonna BC when I have a year's worth growth. I'll probably get sick of my relaxed ends in the summer. idk. Rolling Eyes
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th February 2010, 6:58 pm

wow havent seen this post in awhile...welcome back!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 17th February 2010, 8:58 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:wow havent seen this post in awhile...welcome back!!!

thanks!! I'm glad to be back. I feel like I'm neglecting my hair's [yet to be named] self esteem when I'm away from this forum. afro
Iomer
Iomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum