CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A85 is still in!

+22
KinkyNappyHappy
CocaColaCutie
Pinkrage
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
MsJay1121
tiashaunteé
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
HumanNature
dajewel
beautifuleyez
curly+kinky+fierce
SheeTacular
Serenity23
ChrsLvsBks
Blackbeauty
AfrikanLatina
d.denise
Lanamarie
curlycaramelo
A85
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A85 is still in! - Page 2 Empty Re: A85 is still in!

Post by beautifuleyez 23rd November 2009, 9:31 pm

Beautiful hair. I really like your color, it looks really good on you! But if you did not want it to be red, did you consider doing a cassia treatment?

Btw, that was too funny what your coworker said about the hair being attached to the tam! And that what kinda hair is that comment, I love that! I like to say "Thanks for the compliment! It's God given." afro
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 24th November 2009, 6:40 pm

for a prepoo I just use what ever left overs I may have by leftovers I
mean bottles that are nearly empty...sometimes I use oil other times I
use condish...For my lil cousins hair which was in extreme need of care
I used an oil mix overnight then added a little condish in the am and
let that sit for a little while longer...after all was said and done her hair was soft moisturized and on the road to healthy.

@ beautifuleyez....I did try cassia a couple times and it did work well but I know the effects of henna last much longer and like Nikki I want big hair lol...I think I'm gona leave the henna on mixed with yogurt or condish for only 1.5 to 2hours next time...instead of overnight. However the honey treatments are working well....

Today my hair is in a cute bun again lol..but I am determined to make myself try a flat twist out...
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 26th November 2009, 12:41 am

Sooooo here's what I did today...
1. Came home took down the bun I was wearing all day long, fluffed up my hair and walked around with my hair all wild and free for a couple hours A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_rr

2. Dry detangled...Sometimes when I'm wearing a hairstyle for awhile I get alot of tangles so I try to separate the tangles a bit before I wet my hair...I dont pull or rip out the knots I just try loosen it up a bit. This works well for my hair

3. Honey treatment I love the softness this gives to my hair

4.Cowashed and detangled I tried Totally twisted instead of Hello Hydration and I must say I like them both

5.Then did a flat twist and curl using SheaMoisture as a main moisturizer, and a mix of rosemary oil & sweet almond with a little distilled water in a spray bottle and sat with my soft bonnet dryer for about 20min. Voila!
A85 is still in! - Page 2 Pictur10

A85 is still in! - Page 2 Pictur11
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 27th November 2009, 4:15 am

today was a long day i had to work!!!!! then i typed up a nice entry here pressed backspace by mistake and the pg reloaded deleting my entry A85 is still in! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel but it was still a good day A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_lol A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_lol i like the way my tnc came out but sme of my curls didnt completely set and i got a lil more frizz than i like tryna fluff...i need to experiment on how to create volume esp after i ake out twists ...hmmmm A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_scratch
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 27th November 2009, 10:48 am

Your twists look pretty. Do you always flat twist? I never really thought about flat twisting mine as I usually do individual skinnier twists but this looks like it would shorten my time spending twisting. Did you take a photo of the results?
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 30th November 2009, 8:56 pm

Sooooo I came home took down my bun and typed in www.curlynikki.com and saw my face!!! A85 is still in! - Page 2 Affraid I've never won anything soo I'm mucho excited.

@Serenity23 I don't always flat twists I wanted to try something a lil different and it most cut down on time...I suppose you could do skinnier flat twist as well try it and see =) ...and wat had happened was before I could take pix a friend decided to have playtime in my hair and fluffed/puffed/twirled and played all up in my hair lol...so I shall take pix on this next go round.

I realized I haven't shared my journey to natural hair story ...that will be part of my post tonite along with whatever style I decide to try tonite
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th November 2009, 9:14 pm

Congrats, Lady!!!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 30th November 2009, 9:51 pm

Thanks mucho!!! I can't wait to try it out
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 30th November 2009, 10:42 pm

congrats on the win!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 30th November 2009, 11:48 pm

Congrats on your win...I hope you enjoy the product. I love your curls in your avatar.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 1st December 2009, 11:38 am

Thanks everyone!! Unfortunately last nite I did not get to post what I wanted. I developed a serious migraine that left me in bed all nite my go to style this morning was a loose pony puff(I still have a minor headache)...I will post my hair story today with pictures in addition to my hair color plans. Have a great day everyone.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 1st December 2009, 10:37 pm

I just colored my hair and it took well (I have henna'd my hair twice in the past BAQ jamila henna). I colored it with regular box dye a neutral light brown color that is lighter than my natural hair color. I still have the conditioner in but so far I luv it!! I was a little worried but my hair did lift and the color came out nice from what I can see A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_cheers

I will post before and after pix later after I rinse out the conditioner.

hmmm maybe i'll save my hair story for another time. I think I may do a roller set or a T-n-C hmm i guess I'll decide when I rinse out this condish
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 2nd December 2009, 12:15 pm

I definitely fell asleep with conditioner in my hair watching food network...I really don't think my body has adjusted to the time change YET!! I really like how the color came out, I used clairol nice & easy in shade 116 which is a neutral natural light brown. I used a neutral color to help tone down the red tones which it most def did. I will try not to fall asleep tonite and post pix lol...

I think my biggest healthy hair enemy is laziness but I guess that could be an overall health enemy...hmm I should fix that...I was trying to post a pic of the box of color I used but I could not find a good pic ...
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 9th December 2009, 10:37 pm

Omgosh I haven't posted in forever!! Long stressful days at work plus feeling a tad under the weather (intense migraines off and on for a few days) have kept me away but I am back. During this past stressful week I have tried to keep my hair healthy although I was in no shape to follow a routine some days I have even skipped dinner and went right to sleep A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_pale ...Oy I need a day off....

This morning I just knew my hair was super tangled from several bun variation days that I detangled in the shower slathered on condish pulled the front back and went to work with wet hair in the cold/rain. I just knew if I didn't detangle my hair then it would be a mess later. I had a lot of help from Tresemme's Thermal recovery condish in the jar. That stuff really worked some wonders (altho I would like to try it out again just to be sure) but it was $1.99 A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_lol in cosmetic market (nyc) the jar was written in spanish so I had to google the product for more info here is the link http://www.tresemme.co.uk/product.aspx?id=thermal-recovery-treatment

i put the condish in esp in the center of my head on the right side which tends to get more tangles and let it sit for about 5 minutes...Then I proceeded to finger comb and I was honestly amazed. I was sure my hair would have been waaay more troublesome than it turned out to be but again I would like to give it one more try.

I did get my silkshake and sooo far I luv it!! It smells GOOOOD and it leave hair soft. I have tried it on my hair and my little cousins hair...I would also like to try it on my hair one more time before I give my review.

i think tonite I'm goin to do large twist with flexirods this is how it turned out the last time i tried...this is before i sep.
A85 is still in! - Page 2 Img00010

A85 is still in! - Page 2 Img00011
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 18th December 2009, 1:26 pm

Geesh i've been absent for a looong time!! Working 72hr work weeks A85 is still in! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel and being sick have kept me away but hopefully I will be able to post more now that things have died down a bit. I have soo much catching up to do on the CN forums. A85 is still in! - Page 2 Affraid

Here is a little list of things I need to do:
1. Review BB Silkshake
2. Review Tresemme thermal recovery DC in depth
3. Do a Henna or Cassia Treatment (I did recently color my hair over henna)
4. Catch up on all the exciting and new forum topics A85 is still in! - Page 2 678474
5. Post info regarding how i take care of my little cousins short damaged transitioning hair

6. Do my Christmas shopping that I still haven't done A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_eek

lol tonite i'll be posting whatever style I decide to do for the weekend...til laters
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th December 2009, 1:28 pm

Glad to have you back!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2009, 3:05 pm

I'm sorry you havent been that great lately. I am looking forward to product review and the haircare for your cousin. I am with you on the Christmas shopping. I promise I will finish before Christmas LOL!!! Welcome back!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2009, 12:22 am

Glad you feel better and welcome back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 21st December 2009, 11:47 pm

Today was a regular ol' bun day...Tomorrow will be a regular ol' bun day as well...i'm tired.

i finally started my Xmas shopping in NYC with all the tourists and other last minute shoppers A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_neutral now I have a headache ...I wanted to try bantu knots on my head but I don't want to make my headache worse...Anywhoo my hair is happy...I even got a compliment on the train about how soft and moisturized it looked A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I realized i am not one for strict compicated or planned out regimens. I do better with general rules. That was an important thing for me to learn because when I first started researching natural hair all I saw was mapped/planned out regimens so I tried to mimic that process and thought I was damaging my hair when I wasnt following some sort planned regimen. I thought my hair would not grow healthy if I didnt do A, B C and D in that order on that day. Anywhoo my hair is growing healthy and getting bigger A85 is still in! - Page 2 617583 even though I failed at the strict regimens I tried. I'm down with keeping it simple now...that saves me and my hair lol.

Sidebar all of you with ur cute twa's make me want to cut my hair again so I can try all these things (rod sets etc) that I didnt do before.

ps. my hair has been itching like crazy A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_scratch i have nooo idea why A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_scratch

okay time to lay down and rest
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 5th January 2010, 12:02 pm

Happy New Year!!!! My new year's hair resolution (I dont have any reg. resolutions) is to maintain happy healthy hair...and to keep up with all of the valuable info, tips, tricks, and styles found on the curlynikki.com website lol

I guess I needed alot more rest than I thought...I have been neglecting curlynikki.com and my hair for a minute... A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_redface but yesterday I whipped out my new fave detangling conditioner Tresemme thermal recovery rehydration treatment. I found this by chance in a cosmetic market type store I go to and just picked it up because it was $2 for a large jar. I can honestly say that I love it! I had been neglecting my hair for quite sometime, many days I just wet it enough to get it in a bun. It was so bad I think any other conditioner would have run away, no seriously. I put the tressemme on wet hair after I clarified(hadnt done this in a while) and left it for about 2 minutes. As I started to comb thru I was soo shocked!! I mean it worked wonders. My hair was soo soft after I rinsed out the condish that I thought I had left some in. This is def a keeper for me! Now I must find out where it is sold in the USA because when I last looked I only saw UK websites selling it.
here is a link for it http://www.boots.com/en/TRESemme-Thermal-Recovery-Repair-Tub_117288/

Also I think the month of Jan., just by virtue of my work schedule that does not seem to be getting any lighter, will be bun and baggy month. I saw how my hair suffered last month and a bun/ponytail is the simplest and most protective style for my hair in this moment. I am going to try take down and baggy every night.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 5th January 2010, 11:44 pm

I'm sitting here with my bentonite clay mask on (inspired by JC) and my hair baggied...I moisturized with Wave Nouveau finishing lotion (smellss sooo good) and put a baggy over the bun....When I took my bun down it was still moist in the middle and soft all over. I think I'm on the road to happy hair after a month of neglect A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 11:46 pm

A85 is still in! - Page 2 Icon_bounce for happy hair
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 7th January 2010, 12:50 pm

Last night i took my moisturizer and my JBCO out to take my bun down and moisturize my hair then proceeded to lay in my bed. I woke up this morning and could def feel the difference. I in the short days I have been rocking a bun and baggying my hair I have noticed that with the state my hair is in now, if I baggy at night I wont need to moisturize in the am. I also think the heat in the house plays a factor in drying out my hair so the night time baggy keeps it happy. I will try to baggy for the rest of the month and see how that goes.

I need to do some searching for interesting and diff buns so I don't get bored wearing a bun all month.
I may try this one tomorrow http://www.busywithstyle.com/50226711/bun_your_hair_up.php
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th January 2010, 1:55 pm

Boredom is one of the reasons I opted for twists this month. I have been doing more buns this winter than I ever have in my entire lifetime. However, I do like the convenience..I never had to wonder "What am I going to do with my hair?"

I am going to end up putting my twists in a bun
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 11th January 2010, 12:03 pm

Unhappy hair - was suppose to wash my hair last night but instead slept in my prepoo (with cap) and woke up this morn to wash. Maybe it was the Monday blues that caused me to wash my scalp twice with a clarifying conditioner. The second round of washing which produced more suds caused my hair to feel like straw and tangle. After all the lovely days of moisturized happy hair one mistake made it feel like straw. Maybe it was the excess bug that stung me...I see many naturals esp new ones hit by the excess bug. The one where ppl throw in everything but the kitchen sink...ex. if i had mixed jojoba, grape seed, olive, carrot, vitamin e, almond, coconut, avocado, castor, flax seed, and sunflower oil to put in my hair. Geesh that would be crazy excessive. I think the excess bug plus the Monday blues got me. I usually wouldn't wash my scalp twice with a clarifying shampoo at that. I guess I wanted to make sure my hair was clean. I was left with stripped hair that I drowned in conditioner and put in a bun. Hopefully my hair will be back to being happy tonite. Maybe I'll sit under the dryer for a bit with the condish in.

Anywhoo hair tip of the day is...Don't be excessive, too much of a good thing can be bad.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum