CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again...

+6
AfrikanLatina
crvng4mr
SheeTacular
curly+kinky+fierce
BindyMac08
D-Lish
10 posters

Go down

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Empty D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again...

Post by D-Lish 13th November 2009, 1:03 am

Haha I came on and had no idea that all of our threads were lost. I just looked at the forum and said "Ohhhh new people! tons of new posts" Until i noticed a lot of the names from last time. D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Icon_surprised
Sad all of my pictures and journals are gone...but at least I can start over and do things right this time! I never introduced myself in my previous postings, but here I go.

My name is Bobbie. I am an 18 year old college freshman. I went natural April 18, 2008. I didn't big chop myself, my natural hair stylist did. I transitioned for 1 years before deciding to just chop off all my relaxer. My silly stylist actually gave me a good high top/ buzz cut look that did not include my 1 year of growth. Meaning she chopped off more than she really should have!

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... DSC01023-vi

Needless to say, I was pretty devastated. She gave me a guy's haircut, so that my sides would never grow in sync with the top of my hair. I never went back to salons since then, except once. to make sure my hair would grow evenly and not like the way she cut it, I got another mini chop around July.

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... DSC01729-vi

I thought short hair was the ish. I didnt have to do much with it, and it was around summertime too so I would just wash and go!! When it came to trying products, my hair was short and I couldn't really feel much of the effects of the products, I threw away some pretty valuable ones that i love now such as Oyin and SheaMoisture. The style that I wore most was bedhead. I called it bedhead because I just went to bed and my head in the morning would just..look like that. I didnt have to comb or brush it, I just went out with flat hair and I thought it was pretty cool..

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... DSC01916-vi

I was in 11th grade, a junior in high school and I had a lot of insults coming my way. My name was shortened to Bob. I was Bob then. No big earrings or poppin lip gloss could change the way people thought about my natural style, because I was the only one rocking it. I was different, and I appreciated it eventually. People always spoke of me as a crazy wild child in H.S. and now I gave them something else to talk and laugh at; which was fine with me. As the saying goes "haters make me famous" and I was. I was Bob, the chick with the shortest hair in school, that was "nappy". I took offense to that word more than anything until i found out the true meaning of it through Nappturality.com. When they called me nappy, I would agree and then school them on what it really was. They then had the dreadful face on that they once gave me.

So where am I now?
D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot20091108

I'm at a good 4-5 inches unstretched and 6-7.5 inches stretched. My hair is thick, takes a long time to get wet and is mostly 4a, with 3c in the very front of my head and the nape of my neck. I have a hard time defining it unless I do a style, or I'm using KCCCC. I am known as the organic nut because I only use organic products on my hair (until recently when I wanted to try the curly nikki and Teri method, which was just an experiment). My main focus with my hair is to retain length and make sure my curly tresses are free of harmful chemicals.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Empty Re: D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again...

Post by BindyMac08 13th November 2009, 1:10 am

Hey again!

Loved reading your story. And I'm glad you rocked that short hair, because firstly, it looks fabulous, and secondly, I think it's admirable.

Looking forward to your future posts!
BindyMac08
BindyMac08

Back to top Go down

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Empty Re: D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again...

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th November 2009, 1:19 am

Ohhh bobbie! U was wearing that short crop! Can u say F.I.E.R.C.E! i loved that and ur hair was gorgeous then as it is now...i love to see ppls's twa pics so i can have something to look forward to! Oh and my hair texture seems to be like that too! those loose curls in the front and back and tight on the side!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 13th November 2009, 10:41 am

Hey curly! Thanks D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Icon_redface I hope you are more confident with your twa than I was with mine. Yours looks so nice and chunky in that pic. My sides are really tight too! My curls there are like size of a pencil and really tightly coiled. I'm looking for your hair thread but I can't find it?
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 13th November 2009, 7:07 pm

Hey Bobbie!! Great name I have an aunt named Bobbie...anywho. I enjoyed the story. I'm looking forward to seeing where your journey takes you. You and your hair are Gorgeous!

Smile you deserve it!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 13th November 2009, 7:38 pm

Thank you shee! Hi everyone. I haven't had time this morning to deep condish my hair since I volunteered until 5 pm today. In a good 1 hour or so I will be washing, conditioning and deep conditioning my hair. I'm leaving my conditioning cap on until tomorrow morning and then I will style my hair in twists for the weekend. On monday I plan to wear a twist out. I won't be seriously protective styling my hair until November 24th. I get to go home and get my aunt to put some nice french braids in my hair.

I styled my hair today in a pompadur with a fro. Or in other words, my hump with a fro.

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot20091113

see you guys tomorrow Smile
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 7:48 pm

Love it! Really chic!
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th November 2009, 8:36 pm

D-Lish wrote:Hey curly! Thanks D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Icon_redface I hope you are more confident with your twa than I was with mine. Yours looks so nice and chunky in that pic. My sides are really tight too! My curls there are like size of a pencil and really tightly coiled. I'm looking for your hair thread but I can't find it?

I would like to think I am! I love the chunky styles on me...My thread is called Me & Mandy....
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 14th November 2009, 5:02 pm

Hello everyone. I slept with my plastic cap on last night and let my AOHR conditioner sit on my head while I slept. I woke up, went to breakfast and then washed it out. After I washed it out, I threw some coconut oil all over my hair. I put the oil on my hair because I heard from other 4a's that miss jessie's Curly Meringue would make the hair crunchy. WELL MY HAIR FEELS PRETTY SOFT RIGHT NOW, AND IT SMELLS DELICIOUS. The curly Meringue smells just like pineapples. It has a lot of bad chemicals in it but I wanted to try it out on my hair. My hair is not crunchy, it has a very good hold on my two strand twists I did with it and my hair actually looks extremely smooth and a little shiney. The moisture is in there.

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot200911141a

staying in until monday.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 15th November 2009, 1:47 pm

I bought a satin cap from wal mart recently and I used it last night to preserve my twists. Here's how I wore my twists yesterday. Much compliments at the party I was attending.(Got a few unwelcomed butt slaps D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Icon_eek from the same sex, called friends) I pinned the sides of my twists back a bit.

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot200911146
D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot200911147

I thought my twists were bad at first, until I learned how to pin them and style them. They're cute, even with the shrinkage. Depending on how they look after I take off my satin cap, I actually may keep them in until wednesday instead of monday Smile

Good morning!

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot20091115k
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 15th November 2009, 2:36 pm

Those twists were super cute!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 16th November 2009, 11:41 pm

Hola everyone! My twists are still in, I plan on taking them out tomorrow. You already know what they look like and i actually wore a hat today to keep preserving them. Unfortunately I've been too busy having some issues with my bf to post some pics of my 3rd day twists but I'll make it up, I promise! Smile
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 22nd November 2009, 4:28 am

Long time no Post. Now that the semester is coming to an end, I have FINALS coming up in the second week of december, and I have 5 classes to study for. So I will NOT be posting here everyday, which means I wont be one of the competitors for this challenge anymore. Im going to use this as my hair journal until it's over.

I wanted to show you how my twists came out wonderfully, I was able to achieve 3 DAY HAIR.

And I am showing you the 3rd day of hair, thanks to a wonderful lady who posted in here and suggested retwisting at night.

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot200911208

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot2009112220

Deep conditioning tomorrow morning with Aubrey Organics HSR.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 22nd November 2009, 12:53 pm

Looks great D-Lish! Good luck on all your class finals!
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Empty Great looking twistout

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd November 2009, 5:25 pm

Your hair looks awesome especially for three day hair. What are you using product-wise?

Wow, five classes - I hope you the best on your studying and finals.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 23rd November 2009, 2:33 pm

Thank you Chrs & Crvng!! I need hope for the best, because half of them are science classes and we have practicals as well!

I would retwist my hair at night and in the morning, I would use a spray bottle filled with water and Karen's Body beautiful Super Silky as a leave in. After spraying my whole head, i would slather my fingers in coconut oil to seal it while taking out my twists. My hair was soft and moisturize and still didnt look bad.

Now Im on 4th day hair right now..I didnt re-twist last night. I just put a satin cap on my head and i DO notice the difference. I have a lot more strays and frizzies and a lot more shrunken. My hair is stretched when i retwist so that explains why my hair came out a little shorter than usual today. The front is well defined still but the back is going fro on me.

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... Snapshot200911232
I fell asleep because i was so tired, so I didn't wash it yesterday. I'm doing the fingerstyling method with Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue for thanksgiving but my hair has a bit of buildup for not washing it for 1 week and a few days now. I will wash my hair tonight but I wont be deep conditioning until the day before thanksgiving.

This build up stinks.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 24th November 2009, 7:59 pm

Your hair is very cute. Excellent job on the twists and maintaining them.

Your first pictures make me wish I'd had the courage to chop my hair off that short. My mom has been wearing that style for years....I mean like 12 or 13 and it looks good on her. You definitely have the face, features, and confidence to carry that style! And I believe doing that, daring to go short and break the norm is also a definite character builder! Kudos! woot!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 24th November 2009, 8:31 pm

Love your hair - you have the pretty face to pull that off. Not sure why they called you Bob - you look like a girl with out the earrings to me! As a teacher, I know what you probably went through and commend you for sticking it out. Love the twists too - I haven't figured out how to do them on myself successfully. Maybe I'll try again soon - keep posting and good luck with finals (don't miss those days!!)
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 28th November 2009, 12:06 am

Thanks to both of you ladies! I love your twa Cory. I'm wondering if you now have the courage to chop your hair short if you had to, Beautiful.
Tomorrow I will be posting my thanksgiving hair.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by BindyMac08 4th December 2009, 1:56 am

I love your twists! Too cute!

Good luck on your exams.
BindyMac08
BindyMac08

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 11th December 2009, 12:56 pm

Thank you Bindy, congrats for winning the hair challenge recently!
I'd like to give an update on my hair.
I have been banding it at night time instead of twisting and i get a better afro than I do picking it out after a shower, since it shrinks. I allow my hair to dry while stretched and it has made my fros beautiful. I have been rocking a fro for a good 3 days now. It's been snowing with the weather being a good 20 degrees Sad super cold, but sometimes i throw a hat on my fro if it's too cold, and i fluff it back up when I take it off.

D-Lish....usly ready for some fun! Again... 12835_1144231897993_1593386951_1514643_7081982_n

Ps. My two year nappiversary is in April of 2010. I will be 2 years natural then!!!!!!!!!! I have 5 more months of growth until then. I always wondered since i cut my hair how it would turn out. My hair used to grow up but now it is growing down. o.o i honestly can't wait to have a curly fro that can block out the sun.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 13th December 2009, 3:32 am

i AM my hair. Free, way-out-there, untamed, pleasantly twisted, soft, porous, brown and healthy. That's all for today
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2009, 12:50 am

OMG!! your twist out is hot!! I love it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down