CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ColdDiva*

+19
blondie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
tressedforsuccess
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Lanamarie
A85
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
Serenity23
ColdDiva
23 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 12 Empty Re: *ColdDiva*

Post by ColdDiva 15th April 2010, 2:09 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Oh wow you hair looks great!!!

Thanks gurl!...I love your new Avatar!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 15th April 2010, 2:11 pm

Ok washed the hair with that organic Creme of Nature...thats all there was here at my moms house...that crap is crappy!...I wish they never changed that formulation.

Next I used the DevaCare One as my conditioner/leave in. I am using the flexi rods for the first time and not sure how it will turn out. I kinda think I like the perm rods better..but we'll see. Pics will be posted on tomorrow!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 15th April 2010, 8:46 pm

cant wait to see the turnout !
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th April 2010, 10:11 pm

Wow, the hair looks great and it sounds like you had a good time!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th April 2010, 4:20 am

ColdDiva wrote:

THANK YOU. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR FLEX ROD RESULTS bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 17th April 2010, 12:47 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
ColdDiva wrote:

THANK YOU. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR FLEX ROD RESULTS bounce

I am pouting because I didn't like it at all! I much prefer the perm rods instead. More consistent results...now granted I washed my hair yesterday morning and I really should have done it the night before so it could set and dry...so when I took them out they were very damp. It was a frizzy mess!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 17th April 2010, 12:54 am

Ok so yesterday didnt like the results of my hair...it was frizzy and it looked dry. I didn't let it dry all the way and had to embarrass my girlfriend to her house with them all stacked in my hair on the expressway. I needed a blow dryer to finish...she had a blow dryer but geesh! that sucker was hot!!! She is a beautician so she has pro products...I really should have used a lower setting but we were going for the Girls Night out event called Shecky's!...if you guys get a chance and it comes near your town I strongly suggest you go!...Tickets are $10 for general admin. or $20 if you want the gift with bag that is filled with all kind of girly goodies and did I mention unlimeted mixed cocktails and beer all night (I don't like beer but I swigged back about half a cup!)

So today I am now sitting with my hair wet cause I washed it again...I don't think my hair likes to be washed daily...but I finally bought a bottle of Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner! So I washed with shampoo from Design and then gently conditioned with DevaCare One and finally used the Mixed chicks for my leave in...I used a good amount for each section. I then twisted and then rolled up my hair. It looks pretty moist so thats a good sign...I will make sure that its dry by the afternoon. I was given some advice that I would have to 'train' my hair when I mentioned that the top half doesn't really curl and I want so bad to get my wash and go look down pack. She said that a lot of her clients have had success with Mixed Chicks and to keep practicing...

I'll let you guys know tomorrow...going to bed....super looong day!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th April 2010, 1:03 am

Ok can't wait to see results of that bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 19th April 2010, 8:06 pm

Ok I have good news and bad news for you guys...

Bad News...Some major douche bag from my job stole my MacBook laptop! So I won't be bloggin and posting nearly as often. There really isn't a word in the english dictionary that describes my disgust!

Good News....I tried Mixed chicks...and...I love it!!! It gave me soft defined juicy lucious curls from my modified twist out!...I got lots of compliments even from a man and they are still looking decent as I type. I will soooo make this apart of my permanant hair care routine. It was worth the dough.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Wishing the best for you guys!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 26th April 2010, 12:30 pm

Hey guys...I really don't have much to add other than I miss you guys!...No one ever turned in my MacBook....so I am on a hunt for a part time gig that will fund my replacement.

I am still lovin the Mixed Chicks even had a friend of mine so impressed that she went out and bought it herself and she loves it as well. I have been keeping my hair in free strand two strand twist out and have been getting awesome results.

Well gotta go...my friggin job is paging me as I type.

Later Chicas!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 27th April 2010, 6:10 pm

Hey guys...thought I would check in...gonna re twist my hair this weekend but wanted to quickly share a little tidbit. I have some discoloration on my face and I don't know what made me think to try this but I cut a lemon in half and have been using that as a post toner...and then splashing my face with cold water afterwards and I have been noticing a great difference in the discoloration in my skin plus it acts as a zit zapper...I always breakout in the beginning of the summer months but this time it is really subdued. I hope this helps someone. Peace out!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 28th April 2010, 2:12 pm

I was thinking about ways I am going to acheive getting my hair to grow out to long lucious curls...and I was thinking is there a set point on hair length. I mean a lot of women disagree and its all about the treatment of your hair. But lets think about the other parts of our body....Like the legs and the arm and the arm pits...and the ahem more feminine areas...they don't grow out like crazy so what is so magical about the hair growing out our scalp that genetically it has a set point to ont he length...Just something my mind was chewing over earlier.

Now my friend was telling me that she was having great success with the Phyto hair line and to give it a try. I'm hesitant cause them damn things is lieke $60 bucks!...Its ridic!...

Any one here tried them or know of anyone else that it is now a tried and true product???
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th June 2010, 10:37 pm

How is everything going?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 24th June 2010, 11:23 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:How is everything going?

Omg!...Hey how are you...This is too funny I just logged in for the first time yesterday. I have been MIA for a minute!...I my laptop was stolen in the airport. So I couldn't post and learn like I did before. I am doing much better. And really miss you guys!

I was gonna try vegetable glycerine since everyone says its ultra moisturizing. Your hair looks beautiful in your avatar. Whats new with you. How's summer?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th June 2010, 12:51 am

Thanks. It's a braidout. Everything is going good. I've been experiment with a lot of styles since you've been gone. I plan on doing my first twist n curl this weekend.

Have you tried any new styles?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 25th June 2010, 1:19 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Thanks. It's a braidout. Everything is going good. I've been experiment with a lot of styles since you've been gone. I plan on doing my first twist n curl this weekend.

Have you tried any new styles?

No I haven't tried any new styles. I had my hair straightened recently. Its been awhile...I had wanted to trim my ends a bit. I am going to try and do a wash n go tomorrow cause I didn't set my hair tonight. I have some pics somewhere I can upload them some kinda of way. I'm not sure how this new platform works.
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th June 2010, 12:59 pm

You can post them here. The BnB Challenge was renamed The Curl Street Journal. It is no longer a challenge but curlies continue to document their progress.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th June 2010, 11:21 pm

Hey Welcome back!!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 13th September 2010, 10:12 pm

OK I"m back for real this time...lol Need to put up a new Avatar..How was your summer ladies?

What new things have you learned about your hair?
What are you new must haves or loves?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 12 Empty What a difference a year makes

Post by ColdDiva 17th September 2010, 12:31 am

....so i am sitting her on the eve of my 33rd birthday which is also the eve of the day I decided to go natural and also the eve of my BC or mid chop as I fondly call it. My last relaxer was on Sept 17 2008 and my very first major hair cut of my life was on Sept 17 2009. Tonight Sept 16th, I am finally and I mean as of just a week ago able to understand and appreciate my own unique hair. The different textures the resistance to it absorbing moisture, not able to hold a curl, the kinks the naps the long arduous hours trying to detangle it only to loose about half my head of hair in the comb...the countless dollars I have spent in finding the magic product that I prayed would be my hairs Savior only to be disappointed again, again and again. The hours reading and scrolling thru hair blogs spying at fotki albums watching YouTube videos lusting after hair textures that were nothing like mine and poking at my esteem because I didn't have their hair which in my heart of hearts believed to be 'good hair'. All the while thinking "now why did I put myself thru this again?", oh yea to workout and not use my hair as an excuse to hold me back, I glance at my tennis shoes buried in a closet now still with fresh white leather and laces. Well that never happened! So why else did I do this?

My spirit was ready for a major change. And change it did. When those strands were cut away I had to be present in my life in ways I had never been before. I became a different woman. I was fearful at first, I hid behind long relaxed strands for so long, I didn't know how I would be received. But truths that lay deep inside began to arise. It didn't matter how others received me as long as I was being true and authentic to myself thru spirit everyone else would recognize the same. And just like that I was re-birthed to a different woman. I went out and got braces; I did a self-love marriage ceremony for myself on 12/21/09 and were my ring on left hand 24/7; I went to places I've never travelled before, like Punta Cana, London and Hawaii, I started doing more purposeful reading I edited extraneous activities and people from my life. I healed a relationship with my Father in spirit who passed the year prior. I met amazing influential people. I attracted a mentor that is leading me to my new career as a Holistic Healthcare Physician, I climbed a small mountain in Phoenix AZ. I had one of my most prized possessions stolen, and was able to sincerely bless, pray and forgive the person and asked God to bless them with major abundance in their life so they would never have to resort to theft again. I am much more confident and I don't pussyfoot around with my words or actions. Now even now I'm asking myself did all that have to do with sum hair, c'mon. But the answer is a non negotiable Yes! In my mind i truly thought if I didn't have long hair down my back something that most 'dark skin' black women don't have How else will I be set apart, or smugly think a cut above. I was so full of $hit and self loathing! Trying to impose superiority over others so I could feel something for myself. (smh in disgust). Life has bloomed in so many ways, I feel connected in so many ways. I do not believe that this journey of this past 364 days would have been possible if I had held onto the old relaxed hair. I Like me no scratch that I Love me I appreciate me and goes the same for my curls. I'm thankful for my spirit and I'm thankful for the support and encouragement of others. Striking up conversations with Black women whom i may never have known or spoken to because I am in this sorority of natural hair sisters. The silent nods I would give them in the streets in the stores or in the airport with a smile because I felt in a way we have an unspoken kinship.

What a wonderful year it has been and what treasures await me for my 33rd year. Time will certainly show and tell. But whatever it may be...My curls and I are ready for the adventure!

*ColdDiva* - Page 12 Dsc03912

ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th September 2010, 6:15 pm

Happy Birthday!! I love the post. Birthdays that bring reflection are the best. I'm 13 days behind you and I've been doing the same thing. I'm celebrating the things I love and changing the things I don't.

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th September 2010, 7:15 pm

GREAT REFLECTIONS!!!!

*ColdDiva* - Page 12 Icon_flower HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! *ColdDiva* - Page 12 Icon_flower

Now, where is my belt? LOL!!! Where have you been?!! LOL!!

Welcome back.....again!! *ColdDiva* - Page 12 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th September 2010, 8:11 pm

ColdDiva...

What an awesome reflection!! First....Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your 1 year natural anniversary!!

What an awesome discovery and journey you've been on this year!! I kinda know how you feel, and I like the term...sorority of natural hair sisters. You just feel a connection, or rather I do when I see another natural sister.

I hope today a wonderful blessed day for you.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 18th September 2010, 6:36 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Happy Birthday!! I love the post. Birthdays that bring reflection are the best. I'm 13 days behind you and I've been doing the same thing. I'm celebrating the things I love and changing the things I don't.

Smooches.

Thank you Shee! Being a curly is great!! Happy Nappversary!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 18th September 2010, 6:37 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:GREAT REFLECTIONS!!!!

*ColdDiva* - Page 12 Icon_flower HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! *ColdDiva* - Page 12 Icon_flower

Now, where is my belt? LOL!!! Where have you been?!! LOL!!

Welcome back.....again!! *ColdDiva* - Page 12 Icon_lol

Hey Gurl!! Missed you guys! And thanks for the B-Day wish....Ooop what belt did I forget to send you somethin....Please remind my newly year older brain! scratch
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next