CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lettin it Hang: Looking for a Big Sis

3 posters

Go down

Lettin it Hang: Looking for a Big Sis Empty Lettin it Hang: Looking for a Big Sis

Post by ejbarnes 11th June 2010, 10:39 pm

I have not had a relaxer or any chemicals since February of 2009. I rocked braids and twist extensions and a few presses up until my hair was at my shoulder length once again, yet all natural. Did a slight big chop, but put it right back in braids so it didnt hurt me so much lol. I am now trying to find products that will allow me to wear my 3c/4a (maybe even 4b b/c of thickness) down. I recently did a twist out, but it came out frizzier than i wanted and I want to know how to prevent that. And even see if I could do a wash and go look. Please help with product ideas and even videos if you have them.

Products I use now: Taliah Waajid Total Body Black Earth Shampoo & Enhancing Herbal Conditioner

ejbarnes

Back to top Go down

Lettin it Hang: Looking for a Big Sis Empty Re: Lettin it Hang: Looking for a Big Sis

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 11:13 am

ejbarnes wrote:I have not had a relaxer or any chemicals since February of 2009. I rocked braids and twist extensions and a few presses up until my hair was at my shoulder length once again, yet all natural. Did a slight big chop, but put it right back in braids so it didnt hurt me so much lol. I am now trying to find products that will allow me to wear my 3c/4a (maybe even 4b b/c of thickness) down. I recently did a twist out, but it came out frizzier than i wanted and I want to know how to prevent that. And even see if I could do a wash and go look. Please help with product ideas and even videos if you have them.

Products I use now: Taliah Waajid Total Body Black Earth Shampoo & Enhancing Herbal Conditioner
Hi, I am willing to help. Welcome!

The key to less frizz is moisture. Ways to ensure you have optimum moisture is to do the following or most of the following.

1) Detangle hair with loads of conditioner.
2) Rinse conditioner out with cool to cold water.
3) Apply leave-in conditioner/moisturizer to wet hair.
3) Apply oil.
4) Apply styler.

This process should help with all styles.

Do you have any specific questions?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Lettin it Hang: Looking for a Big Sis Empty Re: Lettin it Hang: Looking for a Big Sis

Post by earynnm 14th June 2010, 6:45 pm

i use quenched curls moisturizer and eco styler gel with olive oil and loads of conditioner to prevent frizz
earynnm
earynnm

Back to top Go down

Post by ejbarnes 14th June 2010, 8:08 pm

where could I find a good leave in? I am a college student and dont have loads of money to spare. I have heard a lot of naturals using Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted...also V05 moisture milks conditioner....I always thought these were (for lack of better words) "white hair" products. How do you feel about those products?

Also with quenched curls moisturizer how much is that and where could i buy it?

I thank you BOTH for helping me, i'm very very new to this hair thing, and my mom is not really used to doing my natural hair (or allowing me to just do it myself really lol). Every bit of information is super super welcomed...

ejbarnes

Back to top Go down

Post by earynnm 14th June 2010, 9:12 pm

The quenched Curls is $16. You can find it on curlz.biz, don't let the bottle fool you it lasts a while. I went six months with on bottle. Also I use suave conditioner it helps keep my hair hydrated. I hope this helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
earynnm
earynnm

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 10:46 pm

ejbarnes wrote:where could I find a good leave in? I am a college student and dont have loads of money to spare. I have heard a lot of naturals using Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted...also V05 moisture milks conditioner....I always thought these were (for lack of better words) "white hair" products. How do you feel about those products?

Also with quenched curls moisturizer how much is that and where could i buy it?

I thank you BOTH for helping me, i'm very very new to this hair thing, and my mom is not really used to doing my natural hair (or allowing me to just do it myself really lol). Every bit of information is super super welcomed...
I have made my store bought conditioners into leave in conditioners by diluting them with water and adding aloe vera gel/juice/jelly and oils. I would suggest experimenting with the mix. For starters, mix 50-50 conditioner and water then add 1/2 teaspoon of oil for every two tablespoons of conditioner and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel/juice/jelly.

I love HE HH. I have made it into a leave in by diluting it with water.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ejbarnes 15th June 2010, 1:05 pm

cool, @ChrsLvsBks do you add all of that when you are about to deep condition?

Both of you guys are a big help. I was thinking bout trying Curls products, but i'm in a bind right now for financial ends so Im using what I can afford

ejbarnes

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th June 2010, 3:26 pm

ejbarnes wrote:cool, @ChrsLvsBks do you add all of that when you are about to deep condition?

Both of you guys are a big help. I was thinking bout trying Curls products, but i'm in a bind right now for financial ends so Im using what I can afford
I have not tried the mix as a DC. I think it would work although, I would likely not dilute the conditioner just add the oils and aloe vera.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down