CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Strand Twist Style

+4
CurlyPA
Napp_Napp_Cat
Lynnieluve
Brainiac
8 posters

Go down

Two Strand Twist Style Empty Two Strand Twist Style

Post by Brainiac 9th June 2010, 7:13 pm

I thinking of trying this style. Normally I wear my hair in conrows straight back with 8 -10 braids. My hair about 6 -6 1/2 in strectched. I do this style because its the only style I can manage to and look decent.

Here's my regimen:
Sunday - take down and wash my hair with RigRight to Be Beautiful Volumizing Shampoo and Revitalizing Conditioner. Then oil my entire scalp with Peppermint Oil & Hair Nourishment Oil
Massage in for a 1-2. Moisture my ends with 100% Organic Coconut Oil. and shea butter Lotion. Then braid my hair.

Wed. - Same as Sunday

Friday- Massage my temples with Hair Norishment Oil in mornings. Then for my nape only wash with Right to Be Beautiful Volumizing Shampoo and Revitalizing Conditioner. massage the Peppermint oil & Hair Nourishment Oil for 1-2

Daily - Spritz with water throughout the day and in the mornings and night massage my temples and nape with Scalp Tonic with Cayenne Pepper and Mustard Greens Extracts. and moisturizing my ends with Shea Butter Lotion.

So regarding the two-stand twist how long do I go without washing my hair? Any great growth with twist? And how long does it take? 2-3 hrs?

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Two Strand Twist Style Empty Re: Two Strand Twist Style

Post by Lynnieluve 9th June 2010, 7:18 pm

Two strand twist are my signature style. I wash my hair every 7 days. I would like to think I have had amazing length retention from wearing my two strand twist. The size of the twist determines how long it takes. I did medium size twist today and it took about 2-2 1/2 hours.

Here's a pic. I am 10 months natural today. I BC'd 8-9-09. I started out with about an inch and a half of hair.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 9th June 2010, 7:45 pm

WOW Lynnieluve. How long is your hair?

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 9th June 2010, 7:45 pm

I love your two strand twists!!!
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th June 2010, 7:55 pm

Thanks ladies. I'm not sure how long my hair is. I never can figure out where I am suppose to put the ruler. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The sides come down about half way my neck. The back is about an inch from my collar bone and the front comes to the tip of my nose.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 9th June 2010, 7:59 pm

@ Lynn...in your profile pic I love your hair! Did you do a twist out? How did you do it?
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 9th June 2010, 8:04 pm

Lynnieluve I'm the same way. and have a long neck. My back of my hair is a inch from collar bone., but my front is at my lips.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th June 2010, 8:07 pm

My profile pic is a two strand flat twist out. It is a CorrineBaileyRae inspired look.

I did it the same way as KimmayTube. Check out this video.