CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick transitioning styles

+9
wtfshanee
Lavendar
mrsrenaissance
CurlyChefRobin
HappyCurly
freckledmom4
natural_nance
DivinelyDesigned
candigyrl0830
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Quick transitioning styles - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick transitioning styles

Post by freckledmom4 28th June 2010, 10:31 pm

Yeah I know using a brush is "bad" but old habits die hard. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've gotten eco styler gel from farm fresh-a grocery store. I've seen it in walmart too. I did a flexi-rod set on Saturday, but with 100+ degree weather we have been having, my roots have totally poofed out making my head look like a frizzy mess. I don't think I can hold out much longer.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 28th June 2010, 11:03 pm

@ Freckledmom4 - That happened to me on Sunday! By the time I got to church my roots were puffy and my relaxed part was a straight mess!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 28th June 2010, 11:08 pm

@ChefRobin-oh no! I'm glad my hair behaved itself for church. How long have you been transitioning?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 28th June 2010, 11:21 pm

I was going to suggest wet hair and ecostyler gel too to make a slick ponytail. I was using a brush, but agree wth CurlyChefRobin that it's not cool, so I put the gel in (lots of it) and use my wide tooth to even it out then I work the gel in with my fingers. If you spend enough time smoothing, it will lay down without the brush. I use Ecostyler EVOO because it has a hold of 10 (that's the strongest). They sell it at the BSS. Make sure you put in your leave-in and seal well because gel is drying even without mineral oil/petroleum base.

Once I have it slicked back I either just wear a ponytail, or put a piece on the back. I have a great afro puff that matches my hair and a few half wigs.

I love those nice easy days.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 29th June 2010, 12:33 am

CN just did a post (repost) on smooth edges-lol!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by candigyrl0830 29th June 2010, 9:17 am

I always want to try bantu knots but of the pictures that I have seen about half of the women have beautiful results and for the other half it was a complete disaster. I am scared that mine will turn out to be a disaster. I have flat twists in now but I may try bantu knots when I take them down. We will see.

candigyrl0830

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 29th June 2010, 3:54 pm

CurlyChefRobin wrote:I'm having the same problem myself. My hair was cut short in the back and the majority of the back is natural with most of the top and back being relaxed. I've been rocking twist-outs mainly but yes I have to retwist every night (at least the sides and most of the back) because if I don't the relaxed portions flatten out completely. Haven't found the cure yet but more and more it makes me want to BC.

You're hair sounds a lot like mine. Mine is more natural in the back with more perm on the sides and the top. But, my new growth tends to get very dry. What kind of moisturizer do you put on your hair?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 29th June 2010, 5:43 pm

@ Naturalin2010 - I've been using the creme moisturizer from Cathy Howse's Ultra Black Hair program. I then seal with EVOO. I love the moisturizer but it does have cones which I hear aren't good for natural hair. Until I find another I'll use this. I want to try the Kinky Curly Products. I hear they will work well for the twists and bantu-knot outs. I'd love to do a wash and go but it just doesn't work. I'm having trouble posting pics but I have some new styles I've tried that have come out well.

@Candygyrl - Try it! You never know how it's going to turn out. Don't be afraid!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2