CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think i found a way to wear a Wash n Go

+6
virtuouswomangd
loveK
sugarplum85
BrownSkinDiva
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
10 posters

Go down

I think i found a way to wear a Wash n Go Empty I think i found a way to wear a Wash n Go

Post by summerbreeze76 7th June 2010, 10:56 am

Hey everybody,

I wanted to share this with you all: I have been wanting to wear a wash n go since forever and just couldnt find a way to may it look presentable. Whatever product i put in my hair, from KKKKC, to my Eco Custord just left my hair feeling too hard and it seemed to shrink up a lot. Well yesterday i co-washed with my very cheap Citrus Conditioner from Whole Foods, I think it is by 365 or something (been looking at it for a while and decided to just get it cuz all i wanna do is Cowash with it anyways) anyhoot I washed my hair and then decided to leave a little of the conditioner in, i addes a touch of EVCO, shook and just let it dry. Now i did have some shrinkage, but it didnt seem to be as much as when i have product; my curls dried so soft looking and even though they did not have the gleam that the products seems to add it liked it a lot better. So maybe for my wash n goes dont need so much product, at least now while my hair is in the shorter phase.

What do you guys think? Has anyone else experienced putting all the product in your hair only to find that simple conditioner works for the wash n goes?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

I think i found a way to wear a Wash n Go Empty Re: I think i found a way to wear a Wash n Go

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th June 2010, 11:31 am

Glad you were able to make it out Saturday!

Yay! I am glad you were able to get a WnG routine that worked.

Please share the ingredients in the conditioner. I like cheap conditioners for WnGs.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

I think i found a way to wear a Wash n Go Empty Re: I think i found a way to wear a Wash n Go

Post by BrownSkinDiva 7th June 2010, 11:54 am

ditto to what chrs said!!! lemme know about the conditioner ingredients Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum85 7th June 2010, 1:30 pm

Do you have any pics to show us? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sugarplum85
sugarplum85

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 7th June 2010, 10:55 pm

365 Citrus Grapefruit Conditioner from Whole Foods

Ingredients: Aqua, behentrimonium, chloride, glyceryl stearate, gluconolactone, sodium benzoate, phenethyl alcohol,glyceryl caprylate, polysorbate 60, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl sodium citrate, stearyldimonium-hydroxypropyl laurylglucosides chloride, aloe barbadensis,panthenol, tocopherol (vitamin e), matricaria recutita (chamomile flower extract), polysorbate 20, citrus paradisi (grapefruit oil) citrus aurantiumdulcis (sweet orange oil), citrus aurantifolia (lime oil)

It does not have: Parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, artificial fragrances and it is not tested on animals and has no animal ingredients.

Okay so i have no idea about ingredients. So tell me what yall think.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 7th June 2010, 10:57 pm

sugarplum85 wrote:Do you have any pics to show us? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No i didnt take any pics. Imma try to recreate this over the weekend and then i will post pics.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by loveK 13th June 2010, 5:48 pm

I haven't had much luck with wash n' go's after detangling. But I did find that just rinsing my hair (after a twist or braid out) with out touching it leads to a presentable "wet and go". Now waiting 48 hours for it to dry is a whole 'nother story...
loveK
loveK

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 13th June 2010, 9:10 pm

So you guys what do yall think of the ingredients to the conditioner. Pass or fail?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by virtuouswomangd 29th June 2010, 9:29 am

For my wash n go's all I do is leave some conditioner in my hair as well. I use Tresseme's curly moisture conditioner. Love it
I'll post a pic

virtuouswomangd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th June 2010, 11:16 am

summerbreeze76 wrote:So you guys what do yall think of the ingredients to the conditioner. Pass or fail?
Pass IMO
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 29th June 2010, 12:27 pm

Pass, they sound okay to me Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st July 2010, 10:20 pm

My avi is conditioner only Giovanni DLI WnG!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum85 2nd July 2010, 8:45 am

Oooh, I like it! I've never tried to do a WnG with Giovanni DLI. I think I'll try it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sugarplum85
sugarplum85

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 2nd July 2010, 9:20 am

@sweetdrk1 your hair looks great
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 2nd July 2010, 9:48 am

Yes, I am so glad that i found that conditioner is what works for me when i want a wash n go. I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my miss Jessies and KKKC products. Ive never even used the Miss Jessies and i dont like the smell (used it in my daughters hair) and KKKC makes my hair hard and the curl definition is not what i want. I could be that I am not using it correctly cuz i know people rave about it. IDK, but conditioner only seems to be doing it for me right now. And the fact that i have made certain stuff like shealoe and ecocustard, makes me think the heck with products that are supposed to elongate curls or give you great twist outs. What do yall think should i dispose of KKKC and MJ?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 2nd July 2010, 10:35 am

If you decide to get rid of your KKKC or MJ you could go over to the product swap board and exchange it for something else you might want with another curly or just give it away to someone on there who wants to try it but might not be able to afford it Wink
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 17th July 2010, 1:51 am

I love regular condishes left in my hair-
it works very well so far.

I have some Miss Jessie's,
but I'm afraid to use it...
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down