CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning beautifully - Need advice for trip to another climate

4 posters

Go down

Transitioning beautifully - Need advice for trip to another climate Empty Transitioning beautifully - Need advice for trip to another climate

Post by gaysha 12th November 2009, 4:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Hi Nikki

I am three months transitioning from a perm and am not sure what type of hair I have - I guess its in the 4's. Anyway I will be in South Africa for two weeks and I am considering either braiding my hair for the trip or just going full natural while I am there - what products are good for that climate ? I will be swimming, climibing Table Top mountain and camping with local at risk youth.

What is the best way to go ? anyone ? anyone ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

gaysha

Back to top Go down

Transitioning beautifully - Need advice for trip to another climate Empty Re: Transitioning beautifully - Need advice for trip to another climate

Post by tiashaunteé 12th November 2009, 4:58 pm

Back in August I went from NC to Jamaica. I had never been out of the US so I had no idea what to expect. I put my hair in some plaits and enjoyed my honeymoon without any worries about hair care. The only hair care products I took with me were conditioner and shea butter.

I was in and out of pools all day, in direct sun, and sweating...the plaits held up nicely

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Transitioning beautifully - Need advice for trip to another climate Empty Re: Transitioning beautifully - Need advice for trip to another climate

Post by loveself247 12th November 2009, 5:08 pm

@gaysha..I was in Jamaica this summer and even though I had not yet started transitioning I just rinsed my hair with conditioner and left a leave in conditioner in my hair and allowed it to air dry and rocked it down and in a pony tail. I was in Mexico right before that and I did the same thing. Now that you are transitioning, I'm not sure how your hair looks but if your going to be doing a lot of swimming and out door activities I would probably get it in flat twist. I'm not a fan of braids because they are always to tight for me, but they may work for you. Or just wear it pulled back in a pony tail and keep it well moisturized. Don't leave there without getting some Shea Butter, that's the best place to get it from.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 12th November 2009, 5:58 pm

I was in Jamaica in June and it was hot as you know what!!! but I had cornrows and I just rinsed my hair every night and sprayed with my aloe, rosewater, glycerin mix.
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by gaysha 12th November 2009, 10:52 pm

Ladies you are all awesome ! Thank you so much for the direction but I cant do no ponytail : (

I have a fun short cut I guess I could just slick it back. Here is what I am doing I will be camping in Capetown South Africa and then I will be hanging around with folks and safari oh yeah and climb table top mountain [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Anyway I guess I dont have to go to extremely hot weather and hide under braids. I guess I will make what sister ashollan suggested and put in a spray bottle

Oh and sister loveself I will be getting some shea butter but how do I use it in my hair ?? Is there anything else I should look for for my hair while I am there ??

Uh and how do I add a photo ? Wanted to show you my hair so I can know what type I am 4ab?? Not sure how you ladies figure that out

gaysha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down