CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

+43
CocoEuro
ladykay6
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
curlsunfurled
thetiffany
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
freckledmom4
BlondeByDesire
Naturally Zee
MellowOne
PaganWifey
iri9109
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Muz
Lynnieluve
Fabulousat50
TerraD
wyldhoney
TheRYL1
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
Buttercup76
Cnicoles6
sweetdrk1
blondie
Mom2KurlyT
CSI
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
AshElleAye
krazy coils
QuietButterfly
WhosThatRedHead
priceless
CocaColaCutie
poeticlyspkng
NylaCoils
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
nattyblog
47 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!! - Page 21 Empty Re: My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

Post by CrissyQ 27th November 2010, 4:15 pm

Hi just coming over to show some love. I left my situation after 10 years and i know its a healing process. You are strong, and with God you and you family will come thru this storm stronger. Your hair is long girl, I did not realize it was hangin like that. LOL. Take care and i will be back to check up on you.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!! - Page 21 Empty Re: My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

Post by freckledmom4 27th November 2010, 10:00 pm

HI Natty!
I have missed you on here! I'm sorry that you are going through so much right now, but God never wastes a hurt and one day you will be able to help someone else by what you are going through right now. My prayers are definitely going up for you.
On a lighter note, congrats on the showing! I am going to check out your art site now.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th November 2010, 2:11 am

CrissyQ wrote:Hi just coming over to show some love. I left my situation after 10 years and i know its a healing process. You are strong, and with God you and you family will come thru this storm stronger. Your hair is long girl, I did not realize it was hangin like that. LOL. Take care and i will be back to check up on you.

Thanks crissyq! I recall your situation too. It definitely makes for some good war stories, doesn't it? I am certain of a great testimony as long as I handle this in a godly way. I hold onto that.

freckledmom4 wrote:HI Natty!
I have missed you on here! I'm sorry that you are going through so much right now, but God never wastes a hurt and one day you will be able to help someone else by what you are going through right now. My prayers are definitely going up for you.
On a lighter note, congrats on the showing! I am going to check out your art site now.

Awwwww, thanks freckled! Thanks for the word of encouragement and your prayers. Smile

I am excited! I go install tomorrow!! Yay me!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th November 2010, 5:53 pm

Hey Natty!!!

Definately praying for you and your family me and my husband had our own issues earlier this year. But I put it all in God's hands and had to commence to fasting and praying and getting in his Word. Let's just say we've had a major break through these past few months. God is able.

Cograts on the Art Show you've always had some beautiful work whoever purchases will definately have a classic piece in their home.

So happy to see you back on CN. But we understand the reason for the hiatus. *hugs*
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th November 2010, 9:01 pm

Hey npmoore!!

Thank you for your prayers! Fasting and praying over here too. And, yes, God is so able! I was still nervous last night because even up until then, I didn't know what I was going to do with showing the work. I normally would not necessarily frame my pieces because they are extremely informal. It's half a statement that goes along with my personality and half my geekiness about brushstrokes and color. So, when I show them, I usually just tack the paintings to the wall using a concealed cover so that the tacks don't show. However, the venue doesn't allow tacking into walls. And it is a place where they will be eating and drinking while looking. If water gets on a finished gouache painting, that's it. It'll have to be trashed or reworked. So, I didn't know what I was going to do with $50 in the budget to do it. I needed cheap but not tacky-and tell me where can you get that these days? I had to get the paintings up to work out my pricing list and print it out. I only had between 10:00 and 4:00 to do it, and the kids had to be at school (one in downtown Wilmington, one in Newark) and I have been driving them both and I was on beyond E! My husband finally gave me some cs money last night. But it was too late for me to go get gas. I'd have to wait till the morning-which would mean he would be late to school. So, I prayed last night that I would be able to get everything I needed to get done today accomplished. So I got up, got in the car with my son, and wasted most of the gas I didn't have waiting for the car to warm up and the frost to melt! I prayed that the car wouldn't stop till we got some gas (it didn't) and took my son to school (from Newark to downtown-by 8:30 am). Then I got back to the house (downtown Wilmington to Newark), dressed my daughter, printed out a preliminary pricing list, packed the paintings in the car and took her to school (by 9:30). Then, on the road alone, I prayed one more time that I would be able to find the right frame (though I had no idea what to look for-again, traditional frames would be too much for my paintings to me), at the right price and have enough time to get everything set up at the theatre with time to spare to pick my son up from school by 2:45. I heard in my heart, "Don't pray a hit-or-miss prayer. Don't just hope I will do it. Pray expecting Me to do something then." So, I said, "Okay, Lord. I'll trust You to do something great." Well, store number one. I saw this great clip kind of frame where all you would see would be the image behind glass. The paintings would be flush with the edges for the most part. It was a slick, clean look where the work was going to shine and get to be what it is. Just snippets of observations from my life-not pretending to be cinderellas dressed in fair gowns. I figured they would work. At $4.99 each, it was a little steep though. And because two of my paintings were of larger sizes, the large sized ones would have been 9.99 each. That was over what $ I had. And they only had three of the small sizes I needed (needed 10 of those). So I went to another shop nearby that was a competitor. Same kind of deal there. But I asked the guy was there anywhere else that sold them. He told me that AC Moore might. So, I thought, " Oh great! If they are selling the small ones for 4.99, AC Moore will want no less than 6.99!" I have never in life found AC Moore to beat anyone's price. I have always felt that they sell mostly student grade material at high quality prices. I have been a student of art for a long time and this is my opinion. So, since I was still in Newark, I decided to look at one other store. They had no clip frames but great prices and stacks of very simple frames at $3.99 each. So, I figured if AC Moore didn't have what I needed, then I would keep it on the list and go back there and get the simplest frame style if that's what it came too. But I just had this feeling to not stop at them yet. Off to AC Moore I went. And I realized time was getting short. I was already at 10:30 by then. I got to AC Moore and looked around. I was so glad that AC Moore did have them and they had as many as I needed. But the real kicker was this, ladies: Lo and behold, AC Moore was having a frame SALE! I got BOTH sizes of all the frames I needed at $2 each!!! I got the picture wire and the scissors to cut it with the frames, all for $38 and some change!! Everybody was looking at me as I sashayed my cart right on up to the counter because it was all I could do from shouting! I was blessing Him under my breath (well, as best I could) the whole way! I have never caught the Spirit dancing, but I almost did in that frame aisle!!

I was out of there and downtown to Wilmington and to the theatre by 11:15. My stuff was up by 12:45. The lady at the theatre would have never known 12:00 am that morning I was pulling my hair out. She loved it. Everything was a wrap and I was so ahead of schedule that I had time to go back to Newark, print out a revised pricing list and get back downtown to the theatre all by 2:00-WITH some change left over to get me and my firstborn some eats when I picked him up from school at 2:45. Stops and takes a breath with heaving chest. I know that God is good...but when that Word says "taste and see"?!!! I'm about to go to church up in here! I'll have to see y'all ladies a little later. I have a praise to raise!!!! I cried out to the Lord and He heard me! dance

Last edited by nattyblog on 29th November 2010, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th November 2010, 9:30 pm

Gurl you got me in tears! All I can say is Amen, Amen and Amen again!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th November 2010, 9:48 pm

Hey, I know I am! I really needed some kind of breakthrough and this felt great! Two weeks of worrying. It's like He makes you think why even bother to stress? Just hand it over!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th November 2010, 10:47 pm

Natty that is so AWESOME!!! I would have been shouting in the aisle bounce

I cant wait to hear how many pieces you sale!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th November 2010, 2:27 pm

god is so able! reminds me of Eph 3:20-21

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th November 2010, 2:49 pm

Wow Natty! I am so happy for you. I was reading with such anticipation and was thinking the whole time- God- what did YOU do? How did YOU show YOURSELF and man, I was not disappointed! That is quite, and I mean QUITE a testimony!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 30th November 2010, 2:54 pm

Natty's back, Natty's back!!! Hey girl!!! Very Happy

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but God WILL WORK IT OUT!!! Keep smiling girl!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 30th November 2010, 4:40 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Gurl you got me in tears! All I can say is Amen, Amen and Amen again!

Ditto! Exceedingly, abundantly! Wow!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th November 2010, 4:58 pm

Oh NattyB...

I'm sitting at my desk with tears in my eyes. Girl God is so good!! I mean God is so good. Gotta go to the ladies room!!

((hugs)) & I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 30th November 2010, 5:07 pm

Natttttyyyy.....(loud in my Celie voice). Thank you so much for sharing your testimony. I just sent this message to my fam this morning:
Remember your trials and tribulations are like a training camp. You
>are in training to get ready for the elevation that God wants to give
>you. Whether it be mental, physical, emotional, or financial, the way
>you conduct yourself during your training will determine whether or not
>God will allow you to graduate to the next level.

Honey you just proved it to be true. I am so happy for you woot!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 30th November 2010, 5:11 pm

Yep, Natty, I got tears, too! And they are running down my face and The Man is looking at me so funny because I was just talking to him...then I read your words! LOL AMEN! I KNOW you almost had church in that aisle! ;-)

Congrats on your show...much success to ya!

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th November 2010, 6:33 pm

Checkin in on you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 30th November 2010, 7:54 pm

My friend!!!!! I've missed my daily updates from you!!! How many jobs do you have now?? 15?? lol
I'm sorry to hear about what's going on. It's great that in spite of it all you are still able to have faith in the Lord.
Fabric flowers are the stuff huh??
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 11:02 am

Hey Happy New Year! I am checking to be sure you are ok? How was the show? The holidays? How are you? Inbox me please, you have been on my mind! *hugs*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th January 2011, 4:32 pm

Hey Natty,
I saw your thread title and couldn't help but stop by. I'm reading your posts and thinking what type of show you were talking about. Girl, your work is so good. I love your paintings! I wish I had some kinds and/or a nursery just so I could get the ones with the stuffed animals, huggies, Elmo and Dr. Suess book. You are super talented.

I hope things are well. I too am sorry about the curveball life has thrown you but from what I read you're handling it by going straight to the source - the Most High. And your testimony was very inspiring and encourgaing. You're one of the people my pastor always talks about how about when things take a turn you pray harder, praise louder, and increase your faith more. God definitely rewards the faithful. I have truly been encouraged from reading your posts and will pray for your and your family.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th January 2011, 4:28 pm

Hey Natty,
Just checking in on you to see how you are doing? Hope things are well. How did the show go?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 1:41 pm

Hi Natty,
Been thinking about you lately. I hope that all is going well.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 22nd January 2011, 2:59 am

Hi Natty!! Very Happy
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21