CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

+43
CocoEuro
ladykay6
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
curlsunfurled
thetiffany
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
freckledmom4
BlondeByDesire
Naturally Zee
MellowOne
PaganWifey
iri9109
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Muz
Lynnieluve
Fabulousat50
TerraD
wyldhoney
TheRYL1
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
Buttercup76
Cnicoles6
sweetdrk1
blondie
Mom2KurlyT
CSI
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
AshElleAye
krazy coils
QuietButterfly
WhosThatRedHead
priceless
CocaColaCutie
poeticlyspkng
NylaCoils
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
nattyblog
47 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!! - Page 20 Empty Re: My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

Post by priceless 20th September 2010, 3:14 am

Hey momma i see that you had a post and decided to stop by.
I see that you been busy it will be all worth it at the the end. She cut her hair. I hope it was not tooo much if it was remember heathy hair will grow back. Just breathe chica it will all work out.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!! - Page 20 Empty Re: My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

Post by Kez 20th September 2010, 9:06 am

Hey,
Just want to say i briefly scaned your journel, and on page 1, you have your hair kinda up (pony tail i think) but in a Puff (with a green scarf) - I loveveee it :-) xx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th September 2010, 10:34 am

Hey girl! Just stopping by to say hi!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th September 2010, 11:58 am

Hi Natty,
Just stopping by to say hello! From what I've read you're super busy. Hope things are well. I'll be back to check on you and see what's new in your world.

Have a great day!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th September 2010, 2:26 pm

Superwoman! Happy belated birthday! The hair will grow back, so don't stress to much about it! Smmoches!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 22nd September 2010, 3:51 pm

Happy Belated Birthday!! I know you are busy. I find my self losing time since mini me rturned back to school that my hair is back in buns. Sad
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th October 2010, 12:48 am

Hey NattyB...

Just stopping by to check on yah!! I'm assuming your daughter cut her hair? Well don't fret too much...my niece has hair t her butt and she cute it in the front about 3 years ago..well it grew back and you can't even tell it had been cut.

I know you are busy, but just wanted to stop by and say hi!!

Miss yah!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th October 2010, 8:31 am

Hey Nattyb...

I know you are busy...just wanted to stop by and let you know you've been missed.

Take care.....

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 13th October 2010, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 12th October 2010, 9:47 pm

hi there!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 25th November 2010, 4:44 pm

Hey everybody! I wanted to stop by and say Happy Thanksgiving.
Been gone for a minute as it seems my world got turned upside down not long after my last post. I had to get alone with the Lord for a minute to just regroup. To make a very long story short, currently, my husband and I are separated. I believe the beautiful new home was just too much for him to take in stride, not pride. The kids and I are with my mother. It seems he has not been honest with me on quite a few points. And he has been dishonest with some things with his family as well. Dishonesty is tough to take from a spouse. The fact that the issues are not small potatoes make it worse. It all sent me to my knees. All I can do is seek the Lord for some answers and guidance. So that's where that is. I just intend to endure this cross, despising the shame until I hear what He would have me to do next. Just resting in that secret place as best as I can until this storm is passed. The best thing about a storm is He is the only One that can get you through it. You get to know Him really well in those times.

In the meantime, still braiding up my daughter and about to do my first henna in months since these things began to happen. I have a very informal show coming up that I am excited and nervous about. And a lot of other things to catch up on that won't happen in one post. But, I thank everyone for visiting my journal and wish you all a very happy thanksgiving. Smile

nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th November 2010, 11:19 pm

Hey Natty! SO GOOD to hear from you. I will pray for you and your family. You are right to just get close to God and ride the storm. You will come out the better with HIM!
Can't wait to hear about your show and see how much your hair has grown!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 26th November 2010, 12:09 am

Natty, so nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear whats going on, seems like you are doing the right thing seeking God. I hope everything works out for you and your family
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 26th November 2010, 10:02 am

Thanks so much ladies. Smile I am not exactly sure what will happen here, but I believe God is going to work all of this out for my good.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th November 2010, 10:14 am

First, I would like to say that ALL things work together for God for them that love the Lord. You are doing the right things praying and seeking his direction. I'm sorry that you are going through so much, but I'm keep you and your family in your prayers.

Remember let God direct your path and your decisions. I've been there and I know!

I'm so glad to see you posting again. I really missed you. I can't wait to see pictures from your show as well. Also, can't wait for current hair pictures when you feel like it!!!Smile

I love you & ((hugs))
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 26th November 2010, 10:52 am

Thanks KNK! I am trying to make it around to see what the folks I knew on this board were doing. I am making terrible progress, lol! I didn't realize I am acquainted with so many of y'all! Smile

It is a pretty complicated situation. A lot more to it than I will write here. But I have a few scriptures I am standing on and I haven't forgotten that there is another will involved here. I am just standing and waiting and watching to see what the Lord will do.

About the hair, I have been mostly cornrowing and using some really cute flowers in my hair to girl it up. I have some that I received from a fellow CN.com member and one set that I have from target. Now, all of a sudden, the young girls that attend the club I work for are wearing flowers in their hair too! I still get the occasional, you should wear your hair straight Miss Stacey, comments. But, they are still young and care a lot about fitting in yet. I think one day when they are tired of breakage from relaxers though, they will remember me. At any rate, I haven't done any length checks lately. I do remember some light neglect off and on for the past few months. The time to worry about hair just didn't present itself. On one occasion, I had it braided and didn't redo it for near five weeks! I sprayed and oiled them and kept them tied down. After the third week, I just wore a scarf at home and a cap in public. When I finally took them out, they were so loose from new growth it wasn't funny. But, that's just not good to do so I am hoping not to get that neglectful again. It has been in some form of cornrows since I last posted up until this last week when I only had time for my daughter's hair. This week I just wore a bun. At some point I had picked up a new pomade to use to braid her hair and I fell in love. Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer. Found it at a drug store for six bucks. Nice, large container, so I tried it and it worked so well on hers, I used it on mine. It's pretty thick without being overly oily. Leaves a nice sheen. Smells great-a thousand times better than shea butter-and doesn't leave my hair dry like shea butter sometimes does on it's own. And, I don't have to send away for it-huge plus in my book. It's not 100% natural so it has some things in it I know some folks won't like. But it's doing the job for me so far, so, it's all good. I left my henna in all night so I don't know what I am going to get when I rinse. Don't know if I am going to braid it or not. If I do, they'll have to be quick. I have some painting to do and a couple busy kids to keep up with.

Thanks so much for your prayers. Smile
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th November 2010, 11:28 am

Hey natty, you are in my prayers honey. I am glad to see you back, I missed you. I hope we get to see more of you around here.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th November 2010, 11:32 am

nattyblog wrote:Thanks KNK! I am trying to make it around to see what the folks I knew on this board were doing. I am making terrible progress, lol! I didn't realize I am acquainted with so many of y'all! Smile

It is a pretty complicated situation. A lot more to it than I will write here. But I have a few scriptures I am standing on and I haven't forgotten that there is another will involved here. I am just standing and waiting and watching to see what the Lord will do.

About the hair, I have been mostly cornrowing and using some really cute flowers in my hair to girl it up. I have some that I received from a fellow CN.com member and one set that I have from target. Now, all of a sudden, the young girls that attend the club I work for are wearing flowers in their hair too! I still get the occasional, you should wear your hair straight Miss Stacey, comments. But, they are still young and care a lot about fitting in yet. I think one day when they are tired of breakage from relaxers though, they will remember me. At any rate, I haven't done any length checks lately. I do remember some light neglect off and on for the past few months. The time to worry about hair just didn't present itself. On one occasion, I had it braided and didn't redo it for near five weeks! I sprayed and oiled them and kept them tied down. After the third week, I just wore a scarf at home and a cap in public. When I finally took them out, they were so loose from new growth it wasn't funny. But, that's just not good to do so I am hoping not to get that neglectful again. It has been in some form of cornrows since I last posted up until this last week when I only had time for my daughter's hair. This week I just wore a bun. At some point I had picked up a new pomade to use to braid her hair and I fell in love. Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer. Found it at a drug store for six bucks. Nice, large container, so I tried it and it worked so well on hers, I used it on mine. It's pretty thick without being overly oily. Leaves a nice sheen. Smells great-a thousand times better than shea butter-and doesn't leave my hair dry like shea butter sometimes does on it's own. And, I don't have to send away for it-huge plus in my book. It's not 100% natural so it has some things in it I know some folks won't like. But it's doing the job for me so far, so, it's all good. I left my henna in all night so I don't know what I am going to get when I rinse. Don't know if I am going to braid it or not. If I do, they'll have to be quick. I have some painting to do and a couple busy kids to keep up with.

Thanks so much for your prayers. Smile

You are most welcome....and you are correct that are so many people that you connect with on CS that it is hard to visit everyone. I hope to do so this weekend since I have a little time on my hands.

So you like the EQ pomade. I used their conditioner when I was relaxed. I feel you on the in store bought products. I've finally gotten my PJ under control, and believe it or not I'm down to one line of products AfroVeda. AfroVeda is not too popular these day within the natural community because Mala did a major price hike. However, this is what I've found that my hair loves, so this is what I'm sticking with.

Leaving your hair in cornrows for 5 weeks!! That's awesome...that's like having braids or kinky twists except you didn't have to add any synthetic hair. I bet you've had some mad growth!! I can't wait until you do a length check!!

I need to henna, but I'm trying to decide if I'm going to henna again. That henna really loosen up my curl pattern. I didn't mind that the back was different, but I don't like the fact that the front wouldn't stand up anymore. So I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get my hair colored by a professional or just do a rinse. The jury is till out....and I'm leaning toward a rinse because I'm really scared to color again.

Well I'm going to get out for a bit to see if I can catch a sale or two. Looking for a make-up mirror and some Sperry shoes for myself!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th November 2010, 11:33 am

I tripped and fell running over here! *hugging you tightly* hi honey! I am so very sorry that life has taken a turn. All the prayers in your name right now...woo do you feel it? Stand tall and lean on your faith when you must!

Happy to hear about the upcoming show!

Psssst..did you update your iPad? bounce Do you love the updates? cheers Can you tell I do?

*singing* every things gonna be alright!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 26th November 2010, 2:00 pm

Hi Sweet!! Thanks so much for the warm welcome and the hug. Thanks so much for your prayers too, I definitely feel it. Can't have enough of those! I'm kind of still on the mood swing pendulum. But I've had lots of practice at that so I am a lot more equipped at this age to not show it so much. I just keep depending on Him and somehow I make it out of the bed in the mornings.

I'm nervous about the show. It was a last minute thing and I was asked right when I moved me and the kids out of the house (which has only been around two weeks ago). The place that is hosting it doesn't allow anyone to put anything (like tacks or things of that nature) in the wall. So I will have to frame my pieces which I kinda don't like because I like my work to be somewhat informal and not so stuffy. But, in order to hang, I need to be able to use picture wire and well, it gets somewhat involved from there. I haven't figured out my plan yet and I only have till Monday! The financial burden for the day to day needs of the children has fallen on me until things get settled-and I'm still working part time (which is good so that I can get them where they need to be-but bad because there isn't enough money), so I can't afford to do what I want right now. So, we'll see how that all goes in the end.

The update? Yes, I do love it! Anything that reduces the appearance of just how many apps I own is always welcome! Laughing I want to use the airprint too and to play from my tv and my ipod player speakers. But that means I'll have to go make some purchases I can't afford yet so...I have to wait on using those features. But so far so good. Just think though. They'll have a new iPad soon...I'm already thinking about that one, lol!! Hopefully I'll have the splurge money for it. Oh yeah....btw, I got a few new apps that are to die for so we have to swap our new faves soon!

Last edited by nattyblog on 26th November 2010, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th November 2010, 2:15 pm

Now I know I left you a message yesterday scratch

Anyway, I am also praying for you and your family. Like the statement in my siggie, He will never put more on you than you can bear. Continue to lean and depend on Him.

Good luck during the show. So are you gonna sell some of your pieces?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 26th November 2010, 2:28 pm

Hey Lynnie, I'm told I got the best spot. It's during Christmas time so folks are wanting to spend for gifts. Also, the owner said that she had looked up my work and said, "Oh yeah...she's going to rack up!" I hope she's right. I love to having my work up in someone else's house!! Smile I have to remember to put this on my rezzie when I'm done though. It's my first solo showing so that's pretty nice.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th November 2010, 3:07 pm

Hey Natty!

I've missed seeing you post around here. You and your family are in my prayers and just know that you will get through this. Also excited about your upcoming show, keep us updated.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th November 2010, 2:30 am

Thank you kc! I will keep you all updated on the show progress.

I decided to give my hair a brief break from the braids. Plus, I was just too sleepy to try to get my parts straight. So I did two-strand twists this time. Very sloppy with no product other than the leave-in after washing out the henna (which I do regret). I'll be plopping something on it before I go to bed. I was just too tired tonight. So anyway, here is a very bad pic just using the cam on my laptop. Hopefully next week I'll feel more like straightening this stuff out. Right now I'm going to slap it in a pony and call it a night.

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th November 2010, 10:25 am

Hey there! Do you know I never looked at your art work Shocked I was like good luck with the show, then to myself I said what kind of show. So I clicked the link.....you go! I love it. I want one for my kitchen. I will inbox you!

Those twist are long lady!

One day at a time my love, I just read it's only been two weeks, so give yourself a break..this is not easy but you will rise! Hugs have a great weekend! I love you
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th November 2010, 2:18 pm

What?!!! You NEVER looked at my work!! No

Just kidding! Thanks for the love. I love you

Yes, it has been two weeks since we moved out. He told me he wants me to come back. But I can't with what has been going on. Especially when there is yet no change. So, yes, it's definitely one day at a time around here.

In other news, I had to go back over my twists with gel. They are drying now. They do seem to be getting longer. But I noticed some tingling in my scalp again in that spot at the back. Probably has everything to do with this stressful situation. So, I plan to listen to some music and chill out today. Smile

You have a great weekend too!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next