CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

+43
CocoEuro
ladykay6
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
curlsunfurled
thetiffany
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
freckledmom4
BlondeByDesire
Naturally Zee
MellowOne
PaganWifey
iri9109
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Muz
Lynnieluve
Fabulousat50
TerraD
wyldhoney
TheRYL1
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
Buttercup76
Cnicoles6
sweetdrk1
blondie
Mom2KurlyT
CSI
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
AshElleAye
krazy coils
QuietButterfly
WhosThatRedHead
priceless
CocaColaCutie
poeticlyspkng
NylaCoils
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
nattyblog
47 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th June 2010, 11:39 pm

Your hair is awesome!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!!

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th June 2010, 11:50 pm

OK... now I have serious hair envy!!! That's so cute!!! Ditto to what everyone else said! lol
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th June 2010, 7:07 pm

Awwww!! Thanks everybody! I still wish I was as creative with hair as some of you...again, that's a style I did in high school, lol. No wonder people forget I am in my thirties.

I rolled it up again last night but haven't taken them out because I woke up pretty sick. The hubs went to a party for his best friend's son last weekend and brought home a virus from one of the kids at the party. Then it went through the tiny one this past week. I thought I had escaped getting it, yet no such luck. Sad Blah. But seeing the comments here made my day a little brighter! Thanks!!
run
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 28th June 2010, 12:40 pm

Hey Natty!!

I like your curled puff, its cute!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th June 2010, 2:21 pm

Hey NattyB....

Yes ma'am you hair has really grown, and it's so pretty!! I agree with QB..cute curled puff!!

I hope you feel better soon!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 28th June 2010, 6:54 pm

Wow! Your hair is amazing! Love, love, love that style... The scarf gives it such a nice flair..

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 28th June 2010, 11:13 pm

Thanks QB, KNH and CG!

I think I might keep it like this for a minute actually. For one, I have to go to work and get two kids to two separate camps/schools so there's no time to take anything down and condition and what not. So it's here for the week at least. Two, it's pretty easy to do and so far it has held up to the humidity and that is not easy to do in Delaware. But I think after this it's back to the twists. I been looking around for something I can do study and I was thinking I might try that TnC next. I tell you, you ladies are pretty informative and inspirational. I shoulda been on here a long time ago. Just praying I don't lose what hair I got trying to keep up with y'all!! Everyday, I see something else I want to do.... bounce ...but, I gotta do the babysteps, lol.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 29th June 2010, 5:18 pm

Cute style!
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 30th June 2010, 7:30 pm

loving your styles I can't wait for my hair to get that length
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 2nd July 2010, 3:05 am

Thanks Mom2 and priceless! I still think my styles are pretty old school imho, lol. But I'm learning here. Wink

I'm trying to figure out my next hair style and I need something pretty predictable because I have a party to go to this weekend. I can't have an episode of the nap strikes back (well, not unless it's going to look good, LOL!!). But there are so many things I want to try...the frohawk-and I got a couple dollars at the moment so I could get this done at a salon, I just don't feel like getting fried under a dryer or blow-fried. But I also don't want to have to deal with a head full of shrinkage because that is usually the precursor for knots for me. Not sure if it's going to be a twist out, roller set or what but I got to figure it out quick!! This is one of those times where I wish I could put one of those voting things in here and see what y'all thought. Yes, I'm that undecided. How stereotypical, huh?

There are other things I want to try too such as Kimmaytube's leave-in! A lot of naturals are trying this leave-in. I really LOVE my leave-in, but I might have to jump on this band wagon for a minute and see what's up, lol! I have never understood PH of the hair or food or anything for that matter and I am really happy that she did the work of figuring it out, lol!! Plus, I have some aloe that I need to use up anyway. Razz

But, can I just say that I love the supportive atmosphere on this forum! I haven't been on here long, but that is one thing that I have noticed about this forum-and I've been a occasional participant/lurker for ten years on just about every hair forum there is. I think this one might be my favorite for all the support I see from woman to woman. I come to that conclusion after reading some other comments on another forum about Kimmaytube. I was a little peeved about some of the comments I read. A lot of them were really favorable. And I do know everyone has a right to express an opinion. It has to be that way for the sake of learning from each other. But it was unsettling nonetheless and what was said couldn't have been farther from the truth. I have seen some of Kim's videos and they are extremely informative, funny and professional (although professional, I expect). I'm not sure where the negativity was coming from. We went to the same school a few years back and I can say that she is one of the most generous people-if not the most generous-that I met while there (and seriously, that is no joke). She's just being generous with what she is finding out about hair care now. And she has always been no-nonsense (and super-serious, lol) in her approach to just about everything. She really needs no defense because the vids speak for themselves and that stuff would just roll off her back anyway. But, it's just nice to finally see a forum where women of color can cheer each other on rather than not. I think I've visited this forum more (and probably participated more) in the past two months than any other forum in the last ten years. You ladies are a class act!! I love this place! I wish I could've posted it there, but I haven't paid to be on a forum in years and at the moment, I'm only working pt so my funds need to stay where they be.

At any rate, rant over. I want to try this stuff. I'm not used to using leave-ins that need my hair to be wet or damp though-seems like this one might. That might take a minute to get used to. And I wonder if I'd be able to lightly oil my hair in between apps because while I can't put it on my scalp, my hair loves a little oil here and there and I don't want to deprive it, lol. I have the KCKT and I never got into it because of the oil factor. It just was a no-go. But, I have all the ingredients if I wanted to do it now. And I'd really like to see if this stuff smoothes my cuticles down. I have some stuff that seems to do that now, but they're not moisturizing. Hmmmm....I might try it tonight. But I really hate to have to leave hair stuff in the fridge though. I don't want hair in my grub.

Ah, decisions, decisions...
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 2nd July 2010, 3:18 am

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!! Give it here!!! My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 2nd July 2010, 5:27 am

ROFL!!!!! If you give me some color, you can have it!

lol!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd July 2010, 12:02 am

Hey Natty, loving the "high school" hair style. You have some beautiful, shiny hair. Can't wait to see new styles you try and like many others- I can't wait until I have that kind of length!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 3rd July 2010, 3:22 pm

Thanks poetic! I don't consider my hair that lengthy so it's not as far off as you think. I'm hoping to retain some length this year to make sure for myself that I've really nipped the CCA thing in the bud. I want to be full bsl at some point with all my lengths (bangs, crown, sides and back) reaching that point. If it grew longer than that, I wouldn't be mad. But I would be satisfied length-wise at bsl, I think.

So, I am thinking the flat twist out is going to be the way to go...Sitting in some sloppy flat twists now....I used my alba leave-in and a little vatika oil underneath some JCS C&S. Can't take them out until the party tomorrow. Bummer! I want to see my twist out, lol!

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 4th July 2010, 7:40 pm

So, I wound up doing a twist out. I washed my hair with some of that Earthly Delights Poo first (unusual but I wanted clean hair). Then I spiked some Earthly Delights Condish and used that too. I just added some oils to it for added lubrication. First I did some super chunk twists to stretch the hair out a little bit. First on wet hair then on dry.

From 2010

I really don't know how you ladies get pics of yourselves. I have the hardest time!!

Anyway, when I was ready to style it, I used my alba condish and some vatika oil under some Condition & Sculpt. This is what I got:

From 2010

From 2010

It came out super curly! Again, I only know how to do schoolgirl types of styles so I just left a bang and put the back in a coily puff pony. And I know that this hair was supposed to be for a party. But when I was done, I think I had taken it too far. You remember the girl from House Party that danced with Tisha's character? Sharane? It reminds me of her hairstyle in the movie!! Laughing

Hair Inspiration???

Happy 4th y'all!!!

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th July 2010, 9:29 pm

giiiiirl u bout to make me do that House Party dance! remember when her n tisha campbell was serving em on the dance flo'. floppy shirt and bikin shorts wit the black jodeci boots...priceless!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 4th July 2010, 9:31 pm

YES!!! That was like one of the very first all black movies I ever saw when I was young! No joke, we were looking for the kid n play dance earlier ROFL!!!!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th July 2010, 12:24 am

This is my first visit..so first I say welcome!! Then I say..DAYUM your hair is amazing!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 5th July 2010, 2:11 am

I love the House party do! Very cute.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by Buttercup76 5th July 2010, 9:47 am

You hair turned out really cute. And I feel you with the camera thing... I usually sit my camera on my mantle or a tall dresser and set the timer so that I don't have to hold it in my hands.
Buttercup76
Buttercup76

http://www.thegeminiexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th July 2010, 12:48 pm

I've just started to get a little better at the camera thing. Still working on that so I feel you. You hair looks good. Love the curly/wavy look!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 6th July 2010, 12:11 pm

Thanks sweet and cnicoles I love you

@ buttercup and dva, A TIMER. Duh! Embarassed definitely will be looking up my manual for that one! That camera thing has just been stumping me! I guess we know who WON'T be doing any videos (raises hand)!
Laughing
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 6th July 2010, 7:46 pm

Your hair looks great for the party! House Party one of my fav movies!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 7th July 2010, 11:25 am

Thank you npmoore! I thought it was pretty funny! I liked the curls a lot. Wish I could've seen what they looked like over a couple days. But I took the house party hair down that day to do my henna and condish. It has just been slapped into some flat twists ever since. I figure maybe I'll take them down for a day right before it's time to do it all over again.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

My Show is Up!! And it Looks Good!! - Page 2 Empty Twisting Out

Post by nattyblog 8th July 2010, 12:24 pm

I finally took my flat twists out but forgot about pics until I had tied it up for the night....So here it is ready for bed. I usually moisturize the length that hangs, retwist and then tie it down for the night. I don't like to disturb it in the morning so when I moisturize it at night, it keeps it from getting crunchy during the day.

From 2010

From 2010

From 2010

I just love a good twist out! dance

Maybe I'll get a pic of next day hair tonight.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next