CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Gloss Recipe

+7
curlybarbi48
vcoutureex3
freckledmom4
DreamMerchant
marcysuburbs
Born2BeMe
Curly Film Chick
11 posters

Go down

Henna Gloss Recipe Empty Henna Gloss Recipe

Post by Curly Film Chick 30th May 2010, 3:49 pm

I tried henna about two weeks ago and love it! I still have some left and wanted to try this henna gloss that I keep hearing about. Has anyone tried?
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Henna Gloss Recipe Empty Re: Henna Gloss Recipe

Post by Born2BeMe 15th June 2010, 1:43 pm

Yes I tried the henna gloss last night. I used Curly Nikki's recipe and it was amazing. It beats pure henna. My hair was so soft, and it actually felt different in a good way. I don't know if it's because of the conditioner that I used in the gloss but it was really amazing. I say give it a try. But make sure the conditioner you use has no cones or protein in it. Apparently it doesn't mix well with the henna.

Here is her recipe:
http://www.curlynikki.com/2010/05/curlynikkis-henna-gloss-recipe.html
I only used one tea bag because that is all I had left, but it was really great. I hope you have the same experience.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 15th June 2010, 8:57 pm

I wanna give the henna gloss a try but I was wondering if you sat under heat while doing it or just let it sit? I usually sit under a dryer if I'm deep conditioning but I don't know how it would work with the henna.
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

http://meentirely.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 15th June 2010, 11:07 pm

I used Cn recipe. I used the Suave Naturals Coconut condish and I think that was too much protein for my hair. I do mine at night and sleep with it in then washout in the morning. I have to find a new condish for this method but I love it. Way better the the old way!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 16th June 2010, 12:57 am

marcysuburbs wrote:I wanna give the henna gloss a try but I was
wondering if you sat under heat while doing it or just let it sit? I
usually sit under a dryer if I'm deep conditioning but I don't know how
it would work with the henna.

No you don't need to sit under a dryer. After you finish applying the
henna, you put the saran wrap on your head which keeps your body heat in
and that is sufficient enough. I suppose you could if you want but
it's not a necessity.

I used Cn recipe. I used the Suave Naturals Coconut condish and I think
that was too much protein for my hair. I do mine at night and sleep with
it in then washout in the morning. I have to find a new condish for
this method but I love it. Way better the the old way!

I think it's the conditioner you used. I wouldn't mix henna with anything that says coconut bc it most likely has protein. The two don't mix. You should try the henna gloss again with another conditioner. It really was awesome. I used my giovanni 50/50 balanced conditioner.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th June 2010, 10:45 am

I used the generic matrix biolage conditioning balm from sally's. It has not proteins or cones and it worked great. And it was only $5.49 for a large bottle [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by vcoutureex3 21st June 2010, 3:47 pm

I have a question about henna gloss. After doing Henna do you have to do a Henna Gloss? And beside that what does the henna gloss do for you're hair?
vcoutureex3
vcoutureex3

http://vcouturex3@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 21st June 2010, 9:03 pm

Well, I tried the Henna Gloss on Saturday. I used Hello Hydration conditioner. I washed it out, did a deep conditioner, and then cowashed again. I twisted my hair using Eco Custard and left the twists in for a day. I took them out today and wore a twist-out, and my hair was SOOOOO hard! I've used Henna plenty of times before, and my hair is always somewhat hard, but this time, it was so bad I came home today and deep conditioned again. I don't know if it was the conditioner or what. The next time, I'm going to buy the one Nikki suggested, the Generic Matrix Biolage Balm. The Henna gloss mix went on a lot easier, and rinsed somewhat easier, but I just couldn't stand the feel of my hair. Oh, well, trial and error!
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 22nd June 2010, 1:33 am

vcoutureex3 wrote:I have a question about henna gloss. After doing Henna do you have to do a Henna Gloss? And beside that what does the henna gloss do for you're hair?

The henna gloss is the henna itself mixed with a conditioner. You don't henna and then use a henna gloss. Henna gloss does all the same things for your hair that a regular henna treatment does except it adds more conditioning, prevents the dryness that often occurs with henna, and somewhat halts the colouring portion. I also find that the henna is a lot easier to apply when using the gloss method. However, you must make sure that the conditioner you use does not have ANY protein or cones in it or your hair will be hard. You should give it a try. I found it to be wonderful and much much better than using henna alone. My 4b hair is no longer crispety after a henna treatment. Please please be sure to use the proper conditioner. You can try the one Curly Nikki suggested: the Generic Biolage Matrix from Sally's which is apparently protein and cone free.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 22nd June 2010, 4:30 pm

Hey Born2BeMe,

What type of conditioner do you use with yours?
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 23rd June 2010, 2:24 am

I used Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Conditioner but I am going to use something else because I don't have anymore of that. I really can't see myself spending $8 for a conditioner in which I will need to use like 1/2 of it in a henna gloss. I'm going to use the Generic Biolage Matrix from Sally's next.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brown eyes Vandaleur 24th June 2010, 3:57 pm

curlybarbi48 wrote:Well, I tried the Henna Gloss on Saturday. I used Hello Hydration conditioner. I washed it out, did a deep conditioner, and then cowashed again. I twisted my hair using Eco Custard and left the twists in for a day. I took them out today and wore a twist-out, and my hair was SOOOOO hard! I've used Henna plenty of times before, and my hair is always somewhat hard, but this time, it was so bad I came home today and deep conditioned again. I don't know if it was the conditioner or what. The next time, I'm going to buy the one Nikki suggested, the Generic Matrix Biolage Balm. The Henna gloss mix went on a lot easier, and rinsed somewhat easier, but I just couldn't stand the feel of my hair. Oh, well, trial and error!

I did a henna gloss a month ago and the results weren't too bad. I mixed 200g of henna with honey, lemon juice, and kera care protein conditioner, sweet almond oil and hello hydration. I let it set in my hair for 5-6 hours and I had only made the concoction 10 hours earlier. My hair felt kind of grainy after so i washed it with clarifying shampoo a couple times then co-washed with suave spring water conditioner and pantene conditioner. I liked the results but I still had little grains of henna in my hair and my hair felt dry.
Brown eyes Vandaleur
Brown eyes Vandaleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed1 5th July 2010, 10:48 am

I have a question regarding your treatment of the hair prior to the henna gloss. Should you prepoo? Do you recommend adding any oild to the henna gloss mixture? Does oil interfere with the effects of the henna gloss if you do? I plan to henna gloss this week and I am a henna virgin and want to really get this right. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blessed1

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 6th July 2010, 1:09 pm

I have a question as well, when you do a henna gloss do you get ANY color in your hair at all?
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Henna Gloss Recipe Empty Henna Gloss left a color for me

Post by Blessed1 6th July 2010, 6:04 pm

When I did the henna gloss last night per CurlyNikki's instructions and allowed it to sit over night I did get the slight reddist tint to my hair. Its not loud...I don't know if others will notice the change but I can see it.

Blessed1

Back to top Go down

Post by Starch Girl 10th July 2010, 11:47 pm

I've done two henna glosses in the last month on dry hair and I'm in love. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I modified CN's instructions slightly. I used a cheap brand of Indian grocery store henna both times in a 50-50 mix (no measuring, just eyeballing). The first time I used Aussie Moist as the conditioner and the second time Suave Naturals Aloe & Waterlily. I rinsed my hair old school - with my body over the side of the tub and my head under the faucet. I keep rinsing until the water runs clean. Then co-washed with Suave Naturals Coconut and HE Totally Twisted. Then both times I've deep conditioned with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner with heat for 45 minutes to an hour. Afterwards, I used HE Hello Hydration, Infusium 23 Leave-in, Castor Oil and Shea Butter to put in about 50 2-strand twists. I have 4A/4B hair with major shrinkage, but my twists are smooth and silky and my twist-outs are amazingly soft and last for days. I've only had a very slight reddish tint to my hair which is only noticeable in direct light. My curl pattern hasn't loosened so much as become more defined with more clumping. I highly recommend the henna gloss!

Starch Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down