CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna gloss anyone?

+6
LaToya28
BornAgainCurlz
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
rnewsome
MzLaLaRochelle
R2D2
10 posters

Go down

Henna gloss anyone? Empty Henna gloss anyone?

Post by R2D2 5th March 2010, 12:44 am

I've heard about henna glosses but have never given them a go. It's been 2 weeks since my last treatment and would like some ooomph from henna (it's fantastic for reducing my shedding) without doing the full treatment. I also have a bag of Dulhan mehandi from the Indian shop that I've been meaning to try out. Usually they only sell Ayur Rajasthani, which I don't like so when I saw this I grabbed it.

Here is my mix for tonight:

2 heaped TBS dulhan mehandi
4 TBS coconut milk
2-4 TBS silicone free conditioner probably Pears or Vo5.

I will leave it on my head for 1 hour with my heat cap. Depending on how it feels when I wash it out I will either co-wash or do a DC.

Anyone done in between treatment glosses?
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Henna gloss anyone? Empty Re: Henna gloss anyone?

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 5th March 2010, 2:48 pm

I tried a Henna gloss for the first time last night, too. I'm also hoping that I did it properly! lol

Here is my mix (and I don't measure anything):

1 cup of green tea
2-3 tbs of Jamila Henna
1 tbs of Amla powder
1 squirt of lemon juice (I have no idea why I did this, really..lol)
A HEAP of Giovanni Smooth As Silk

I left it on for an hour and 15min under a cap. After I washed it all out, I used Suave Tropical Coconut to co-wash and then DC'd with a mix of Giovanni 50:50, EVOO, and glycerin for about 20min. (I was ridiculously sleepy by this point).

Everything turned out well, tho. Little to no shedding and EXCELLENT manageability (to the point where I don't even really detangle anymore).

Were you happy with your results?
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 5th March 2010, 9:24 pm

It went well. I ended up DC as well with some left over J/A/S/O/N aloe vera conditioner that I had lurking in the cupboard. My hair felt pretty happy and healthy afterwards!

It's not quite as messy as a full treatment either.

Do you think that you will do the glosses again?
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by rnewsome 7th March 2010, 6:45 am

HOLD UP, ladies, can someone please explain the jargon to me please. is there a glossary lurking about somewhere? what is DC, henna gloss(is it a color? where do you get it?? what is J/A/S/O/N.
sorry ladies but i am trying to saok up as much knowledge as possible.
thanks
rnewsome
rnewsome

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 7th March 2010, 8:26 pm

Sorry for the confusion!

DC = deep conditioning i.e. 30 mins under the dryer or heat cap

henna gloss = a mini henna treatment that doesn't give you the same colour that you get from a regular treatment but gives you the conditioning benefits of henna e.g. stronger hair, less shedding. See our recipes above! I normally do a full treatment once a month but wanted to do the henna gloss in between for conditioning.

J/A/S/O/N = a hair conditioner. I like them as they are heavy like the Aubrey Organics.

Hope that helps.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by rnewsome 9th March 2010, 1:10 am

hello R2D2,
I decided to take the plunge and went to the Indian store to purchse some products the lady was so hlpful. She heaped a whole bunch of products(discussed) in here at me.
I also purchsed some henna from her as well as alma oil, coconut milk, veta oil, carrot oil and a couple of others.
However, she recommended i use coffee instead of green tea. Since i have never done a henna conditioner and will be sleeping with it tonight I was hoping you could give me some reciepe. I already have the honey and the alma oil. Do i need lemon is it only for the coloring part?
Also what products are J/A/S/O/N products and where can i purchase them. I am assuming any retail store(beauty) but i need some names.
Thank you a bunch
rnewsome
rnewsome

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 9th March 2010, 3:07 am

I just did my first one with the Dulhan and Suave Naturals Green APple & AMla....I have to say with this being the 3rd time messing with henna....the hair is feeling pretty silky n soft. I'm happy with it and its not as bright because I used 3 part Amla and 1 part Henna. So it's like a light auburn/bronze instead of the bright chocalate cherry with 3 prt henna 1 part Amla.
Love it.
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 11th March 2010, 8:51 pm

@rnewsome,

Sorry for the late response. I've had the flu and haven't been as active on the net. What recipe did you end up using and how did it go?
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 30th March 2010, 10:51 am

can someone explain to me the glossing process? how is a gloss mix any different from other henna mix from which you expect more color? i looked at your mixes and the only difference i see is that you guys added a conditioner to the mix?
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 13th April 2010, 9:54 pm

I did my first henna gloss yesterday.

2 Tbsp of henna
1.5 Tbsp of Elucence conditioner
1 Tbsp of coconut oil

I let it sit for about an hour covered with a plastic cap and a towel turban. After rinsing my hair was sooo soft! I also used indigo right after that to get a nice black color.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 23rd April 2010, 11:23 pm

@BornAgainCurlz The difference in preparation between the gloss and the regular henna treatment are 1) the henna doesn't have to sit for a few hours, you can just mix the ingredients & put it in your hair immediately 2) the gloss doesn't have to sit for several hours in your hair like henna..at the most 2hrs will do just fine. The basic ingredients for a gloss would include conditioner, henna &/or amla powder, & perhaps an essential oil

hope that helps
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 28th April 2010, 12:48 am

Will be trying this, probably on Thurs or Friday. I'm excited.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 28th April 2010, 11:32 am

I just tried this over the weekend..and I like it.. The next thing I want to try is Cassia.. Only problem is when I did the Indigo after the Henna Gloss my Gray hair was almost orange.. LOL My hair was hard to detangle after that.. I'm transitioning.. Besides that I love the jet black color..

My conditioners I used in the mix was Suave Almond and Shea Butter and Tressemme Natural Aloe Vera Conditioner..I ended up letting mine sit for a while b4 applying it but after reading some of the responses I won't do that next time..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd May 2010, 10:26 am

Girls, after reading your recipes I want to do a Cassia treatment tonight yet I'll probably wait until this weekend. The last and first time I did this treatment, I loved the results but hated the rinsing. This time I'm going to add honey and some butttermilk I have left over along with the conditioner. Ladies, do you do your treatments on freshly washed hair? I read that theses type of treatments should be done on clean hair.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 3rd May 2010, 1:09 pm

I did my henna gloss on clean clarified hair.. Haven't done the Cassia yet.. But when I do I will do the same with that on clean hair..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 3rd May 2010, 3:57 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:Girls, after reading your recipes I want to do a Cassia treatment tonight yet I'll probably wait until this weekend. The last and first time I did this treatment, I loved the results but hated the rinsing. This time I'm going to add honey and some butttermilk I have left over along with the conditioner. Ladies, do you do your treatments on freshly washed hair? I read that theses type of treatments should be done on clean hair.

Yes, I did my cassia treatment on clean hair. I read on hennaforhair.com when doing henna or cassia it should be done on clean hair.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down