CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington, DC Salons: Natural Kinks vs. Urban Nature

3 posters

Go down

Washington, DC Salons: Natural Kinks vs. Urban Nature Empty Washington, DC Salons: Natural Kinks vs. Urban Nature

Post by justchecking 21st May 2010, 1:07 pm

Hi everyone. I currently have dreads that I've had for about four years, but they're getting too long, heavy and a pain to maintain. My birthday's coming up, and I wanted to celebrate by making a drastic change - cutting the dreads off, getting a new short and maintainable 'do and getting a new hair color.

I've looked up two salons in the DC area that cater to natural hair: Natural Kinks and Urban Nature. I like what Urban Nature has to offer (on-time service, no kids and loitering friends allowed) and their website was very thorough, while Natural Kinks would be easier for me to get to (it's near a Metro station), although they had very little information on their website (it's more of a basic webpage with a few photos and their hours of operation, and that's it). I've seen a few Yelp reviews, but not enough to really let me know how these places are.

I am very excited about making this change and wanted to make sure I had the best experience possible doing this. Has anyone on this board been to either salon? If so, can you please tell me about it? What are their pros and cons?

justchecking

Back to top Go down

Washington, DC Salons: Natural Kinks vs. Urban Nature Empty Re: Washington, DC Salons: Natural Kinks vs. Urban Nature

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd May 2010, 12:19 am

Hi, justchecking.

I suggest copying and pasting this in the Curly Meet Up area, there's one for DC. You may also want to place it in the Stylin' and Profilin' area.

We are meeting June 5 at Sankofa Cafe on Georgia Avenue from 2 PM - 4 PM. Chris-Tia Donaldson, author of Thank God I'm Natural, will have a hair discussion. I hope you can make it out.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Washington, DC Salons: Natural Kinks vs. Urban Nature Empty Re: Washington, DC Salons: Natural Kinks vs. Urban Nature

Post by justchecking 24th May 2010, 1:56 pm

Thanks for the tip! I'll see if I can make it out.

justchecking

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th June 2010, 11:40 pm

Which salon did you decide on? How was your experience? There was a stylist from Urban Nature at the meetup today. Sounds like they have a very nice salon and are focused on truly natural hair care.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down