CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAIRVEDA

+8
carfi366
Carolina Natural
DvaAuNaturel
NubieNatty
Tmochava
jcanalena79
LaToya28
summabrown
12 posters

Go down

HAIRVEDA Empty HAIRVEDA

Post by summabrown 18th May 2010, 5:22 pm

If you have used hairveda or have heard good or bad things about hairveda could you please post them thanks alot. Im thinking about trying it out around Christmas time because that's when i get off of probation from being arrested for being a product junky. And i will have used my Qhemet products by then also.<reason for being arrested Very Happy
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

HAIRVEDA Empty Re: HAIRVEDA

Post by LaToya28 18th May 2010, 5:50 pm

Hairveda products are the bomb!! I loved them when I was relaxed and I still do. As a matter of fact, I have an order coming at the end of the month. I ordered the new Acai berry condish, Moist Condition 24/7, Whipped Cream, and Amala shampoo. I've never used the Amala shampoo or the Acai berry con, but the Moist Condition 24/7 is wonderful for cowashes and as a leave-in/moisturizer. The Whipped Cream is a wonderful moisturizer. I liked it when I was relaxed, but have yet to try it as a natural. The SitriNillah DC is one of the best DCs ever! It smells like orange creamsicle and moisturizes like nobody's business. Many ladies like the Almond Glaze, but I haven't tried it since I've been natural. It's like a grease or pomade and smells like almond. The Whipped Gelly was a staple of mine for laying down my edges and for doing my daughter's twists. It gives a nice soft hold. The oils are great too! The Cocasta oil is thick and castor oil based. It's the most moisturizing oil you'll ever use. I recently got a bottle of the AvoSoya oil and it's nice too. I think it's sweet almond oil based and smells like tropical fruit or something. All of the products smell great! You just can't go wrong with Hairveda.

The only issue is their processing time. It can take up to 20 days (during a sale) for your order to ship. When there is no sale it'll take about 2 weeks. They are a very small company. I think it's just BJ and her husband....anyway, I love these products as you can tell.

Too bad you have to wait til Christmas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 18th May 2010, 6:16 pm

The Whipped Gelly is amazing!!! The DC is good, but I prefer Darcy's Botanicals as far as moisturizing DCs go. I have the Cocasta Oil, but haven't really used it much, yet ... it smells and feels amazing though and can't wait to really test it out. LaToya, how do you use it? I'm thinking of putting it in an oil bottle and just using it to oil my scalp. The Whipped Cream was sold out when I purchased during the sale, but when I re-order the Whipped Gelly, I'll probably get the Whipped Cream as well. So far, though, Hairveda gets a huge thumbs up from me Smile!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 18th May 2010, 6:40 pm

I don't have anymore, but when I did I used it as a sealant on me and my girls.

Oh, I forgot about the Vatika Frosting! It's coconut oil based and smells just like cake frosting. You can use it as a prepoo or add it to your conditoners, etc. You can only get it during certain months though.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

HAIRVEDA Empty thanks alot

Post by summabrown 18th May 2010, 8:02 pm

Thanks alot for your posts i appreciate it you got me wanting to go on over to the website and order it now im sooo tempted but i will be disciplined seeing as though i missed the qhemet sale and spent almost 100 dollars on the heavy cream the gel and mist. i know... Embarassed i just had to have it because all of the great reviews just didn't want to miss out on it, so i punished myself until christmas time. Crying or Very sad
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by summabrown 18th May 2010, 10:22 pm

Well i have good and bad news. good news is i will be ordering hairveda after all, bad news is my money was refunded because mariposa does not ship to the states even though my order went through and there was even a selection for the United States. hmm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 19th May 2010, 10:25 am

summabrown wrote:Well i have good and bad news. good news is i will be ordering hairveda after all, bad news is my money was refunded because mariposa does not ship to the states even though my order went through and there was even a selection for the United States. hmm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who is Mariposa?

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 19th May 2010, 5:06 pm

I bought samples of the Whipped Green Tea Butter, the Almond Glaze, and the Whipped Cream. I passed on the Almond Glaze and Whipped Cream although they smelled wonderful and I liked it, I like my Qhemet's products better. I ended up buying the larger jar of the Whipped Green Tea Butter. It smells absolutely wonderful and I love it how it makes my hair feel, I couldn't get enough of it...lol. Definitely a keeper.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

HAIRVEDA Empty Who is Mariposa?

Post by summabrown 19th May 2010, 6:52 pm

LaToya28 wrote:
summabrown wrote:Well i have good and bad news. good news is i will be ordering hairveda after all, bad news is my money was refunded because mariposa does not ship to the states even though my order went through and there was even a selection for the United States. hmm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who is Mariposa?

Mariposa is a website based in the netherlands that sales Qhemet along with other popular hair care lines i found it on the Qhemet website thinking i could make up for missing the sale
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 19th May 2010, 10:44 pm

Oh, ok. Cool, you can order Hairveda now...yaaay!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th June 2010, 1:20 am

i had ordered hairveda last month actually...

acai berry-the more i used it the more i liked it, it makes my hair nice n soft

cocasta-i like any kinda of thick oil, prefer to use it on dry hair though, very good sealant

whipped green tea butter-loooooves this stuff right ch'ere! i paired it w/the cocasta n was moisturized for days. my hair was so soft that some of my twist would loosely unravel on its own!

almond glaze-i had to try another grease other than my pooka (which is softer n more light). i love greasing my scalp and i LOVE the smell. i also used a dab on my twistouts and got great shine too

BJ was recently at our meetup (today) and she said the vatika frosting is seasonal becuz during the warm months it tends to get messy in shipping becuz it comes in a jar! i also got a sample of the whipped clouds and i already know i need to upgrade to a full size!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th June 2010, 12:08 pm

Thanks for the reviews Nubie! I like the Acai Berry condish too although I wish the smell were stronger. Hairveda is known for their wonderful smells and this one is just blah. It works well though. Everyone seems to love the Green tea butter so I think I'll order some of that...what does it smell like?

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th June 2010, 12:09 pm

Summa, you changed your pic!! Your hair is growing girlfriend!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 6th June 2010, 6:39 pm

Another Hairveda fan here:

Cocasta Shikaki Oil --- luv it!!! My daughter's hair, which is very fine, really soaks this up, which is surprising since it's such a heavy oil.

Whipped Gelly --- I've raved about it before and I'll rave again - the most moisturizing gel I've used, and one I don't hesitate to use on all of my hair (versus just smoothing down the roots).
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 7th June 2010, 6:16 pm

Wow, nothing but good things. I'm using Hairveda for the product challenge when I switch up product lines on 6/15. I can't wait!!!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 7th June 2010, 6:24 pm

I ordered the Green tea butter, whipped gelly, and Hydrasilica spritz...can't wait to get them!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

HAIRVEDA Empty RE:HAIRVEDA

Post by summabrown 7th June 2010, 6:43 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Summa, you changed your pic!! Your hair is growing girlfriend!

Thanks LaToya28 but i don't feel that way maybe because it's on my head and im impatient, but you really made me smile inside and out so i guess i will stop worrying about length and about taking care of my hair to get it as healthy and as strong as i can. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 28th June 2010, 1:42 pm

I love the almond glaze & the alma shampoo! Those are my staples for my wash & go. Afer I wash my hair, I use Kinky Kurly Custard and then the almond glaze. These two purducts together define my curl and the almond glaze adds shine & softness. I love it. I also tried the moisture 24/7 conditoner which is good, but I like the 79 cent VO5 natural moisture milk better than any conditioner I have tried & that included Oyin!

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th June 2010, 11:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 30th June 2010, 12:57 pm

LaToya28 wrote:

Thanks Latoya for the reminder of the sale. I love the Cocosta Oil and Acai Berry condish. I can't wait to try the vatika frosting, I have heard nothing but good about it and can hardly wait to try it.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st July 2010, 12:52 am

LaToya28 wrote:

Oh....I'm so on this!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th December 2010, 6:21 pm

Product descriptions are from Hairveda.com.

--Amala Cream Rinse-Gentle Hair & Body Cleanser!
Amala Cream Rinse is a Creamy Hair & Body shampoo which lightly removes dirt & oils. ACR is formulated with all natural lemon & orange oils and specifically designed to clean tresses. ACR is also great for those with sensitive skin types. Give your hair and body a light cleanse with our unique formula.

REVIEW:
I have used the cream rinse a few times. I like it. My hair feels clean yet not stripped or hard. I typically use natural products so this works great.

--Whipped Cream 3 in1 Ends Hydration, Leave In & Moisturizer
We took out all the wax and replaced it with Rich and creamy unrefined Shea Butter!
Not too heavy, not too light! Whipped Cream has Just the right amount of moisture and oils to give you moisturized ends.

Whipped (Baggy) Cream was originally formulated to work with the baggie method. However our customers reported that they use it for roller setting, wash-and-go styles, sleek ponytails, and as a leave in conditioner.

Just a dime size amount will do! It softens your new growth, adds unbelievable shine and gives new life to your hair! Your ends will love HairVeda's Signature Whipped Cream. Product may settle. Just shake well before use.

REVIEW:
I am not sure if the one I purchased has shea. If so, it may be the reason why a little goes a long way for me. This was used with the whipped gelly on my WnGs this past summer. I like it.

--Whipped Clouds- Rich Whipped & Fluffy Shea Blend for Body& Hair!
Our Whipped Clouds is an amazing combination of Aloe Vera and refined African Shea Butter. Our butter blend is amazingly hydrating to the body and hair. The African Shea used in our formula is whipped with great care.
[center]Our special Shea mix is the fluffiest blend you'll ever find! This butter contains no preservatives or harsh chemicals. Whipped Clouds provides the quench natural hair craves. Give it a try! Whipped for you by hand! It’s the creamiest blend you'll encounter. Treat your skin. Quench your hair! Apply to dry hair.

REVIEW:
This stuff smells divine, OMGoodness. I used it on dry hair and let's just say it did my hair right. My hair is finicky when it comes to shea but this mix is a winner for Grace!

--Whipped Gelly- The Revolutionary Hair Gel!
Whipped Gelly is a light holding gel without the harsh alcohol and flakiness. We crafted this gel to give you a soft hold & add moisture at the same time!

Throw away the brown gel! We have something a little better. We make our gel with Pure Aloe Vera Gel, Vegetable Derived Humectants & rich Avocado oil. Whipped Gelly adds a soft, mild hold to your hair. Expect an increse of wave definition & curl pattern for type 3 & 4 hair types.

Whipped Gelly helps defines curls and waves for natural hair & newgrowth. This product adds sleekness to relaxed hair.

REVIEW:
The product did what it claimed. My only concern is the amount of product I had to use. When I WnG, I do so every three or so days. The container I purchased did not last long Neutral . It is now offered in a 1-lb container.

--Vatika Frosting-Enhanced Coconut with a Sweet Twist!

Vatika in Hindu means garden. In India, coconut oil is widely used in Ayurveda health remedies. This special blend of coconut oil, henna, lemon & Amla provides natural nourishment to your hair.

The blend gives the hair body and radiance, taking care of the critical balance of nutrients. Our pure coconut oil is blended with henna and Amla with lemon to strengthen each strand of hair from within.

When used 1 day before washing, Vatika Frosting provides a protective coating promoting shine and health. A scalp massage with Vatika Frosting also promotes hair growth. To maintain the oil and moisture balance of your hair, remember to do a conditioning treatment with oil at least three times a week.

REVIEW:
This smells so good. It almost makes me want to try to eat it. I love sweet smells. I used it to pre-poo and to seal my ends. I liked it in both applications. If it hardens a bit, it will melt quickly when rubbed in your hands. A little goes a long way.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 7th March 2011, 4:58 pm

Tmochava wrote:I bought samples of the Whipped Green Tea Butter, the Almond Glaze, and the Whipped Cream. I passed on the Almond Glaze and Whipped Cream although they smelled wonderful and I liked it, I like my Qhemet's products better. I ended up buying the larger jar of the Whipped Green Tea Butter. It smells absolutely wonderful and I love it how it makes my hair feel, I couldn't get enough of it...lol. Definitely a keeper.

i didnt see the samples on the website Sad
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

HAIRVEDA Empty Ordering samples from hairveda.com

Post by virtuouswoman908 18th March 2011, 1:27 pm

shortnsweet wrote:
Tmochava wrote:I bought samples of the Whipped Green Tea Butter, the Almond Glaze, and the Whipped Cream. I passed on the Almond Glaze and Whipped Cream although they smelled wonderful and I liked it, I like my Qhemet's products better. I ended up buying the larger jar of the Whipped Green Tea Butter. It smells absolutely wonderful and I love it how it makes my hair feel, I couldn't get enough of it...lol. Definitely a keeper.

i didnt see the samples on the website Sad

You can order samples from Hairveda.com. You have to contact customer service and ask. These are the samples that they have; they are $2.50 each and free shipping is available. I'm not sure what size they will come in. I'll be ordering all of them!!! dance

Moist Condition 24.7
Cocasta Oil
Whipped Creme Ends Hydration
SitriNillah Deep Conditioner
Whipped Gelly
Shikakai Swirl Shampoo Bar
virtuouswoman908
virtuouswoman908

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content