CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought some henna ... now what?

3 posters

Go down

Bought some henna ... now what? Empty Bought some henna ... now what?

Post by Corygentri 12th November 2009, 12:53 am

Ok I found this little Indian market in my neighborhood Monday so after picking up my daughter from preschool today, I swung by there to see if they had any henna. The young lady working the counter looked excited to have a customer and she took me to the henna. I bought these two kinds...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the lady recommended that I just use water, not shampoo the day I was going to use it and leave it on for a couple of hours. My plan was to try the green tea and honey mix that so many of you use, let it sit all day while at work, then put it on Friday night and then rinse out Saturday morning. I'm nervous - I have no clue how the color will turn out. I want a little color but nothing drastic. (like blonde LOL). I read that the lemon juice keeps too much color from coming out but can be drying. I am def doing this for the conditioning properties but I have a few grays that need hiding as well. So... I just need a pep talk and any advice before I do this. Open to suggestions. Thanks much ladies!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Bought some henna ... now what? Empty Re: Bought some henna ... now what?

Post by Courtie 12th November 2009, 10:07 am

I've never used the Karishma, but I have used the Dulhan many a time. Don't be nervous about the color -- in my experience, you get the most reddish uptake the first time. It will fade into a reddish auburn glow in the sunlight. I would use the green tea and honey mix, but you should wash your hair first if you want the best results. You can cowash if you don't use shampoo. Then leave like a dime-sized amount of conditioner in there so it will wash out easily.
You've got the right idea, just follow the simple mix that Nikki does and you'll be fine. Just make sure to give it a big DC after you wash the henna out, especially if you leave it on overnight.

Make sure to try and post a couple of pics! Good luck!
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 12th November 2009, 10:02 pm

I've only ever used the Karishma and I love it. I'm actually going to give some other brands a try just to compare but Karishma is sifted greatly and rinses easily. I've never left it on overnight but have left it on for 7+ hours. Henna is addictive! I'd love to hear how it worked for you!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 13th November 2009, 12:07 am

Thanks ladies - I forgot to buy some green tea today so I can't mix it before I leave for work tomorrow so I think I am going to wait until Saturday to do it. I will be back to post the results!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down