CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detangling w/o Cones

3 posters

Go down

Detangling w/o Cones Empty Detangling w/o Cones

Post by Ms.Fenty 16th May 2010, 8:21 pm

So I'm almost 4 months post relaxer, and detangling the mid-back section of my hair (the tightest portion) is really hard to get through. I finger detangle under running water with conditioner (Garnier Triple Nutrition), and then after getting out of the shower I apply Giovanni direct leave in and use wide tooth comb, denman-like brush or both to fully detangle (lately its been both). I have been trying to cut cone conditioners out of my regimen, but from reading other posts on detangling, they seem to be the best for detangling.... Does anyone know of any cone free conditioners (or leave-ins) that are good for detangling?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Detangling w/o Cones Empty Re: Detangling w/o Cones

Post by Muz 16th May 2010, 9:23 pm

I've been using the Tresemme Naturals moisturzing conditioner to detangle on my hair when it was dry and as a pre-wash (with some EVOO), that's worked pretty well for me.

Other than that I use cones, do cones not work for your hair? Or are you just trying the CG method?
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 16th May 2010, 9:47 pm

I prefer not to use cones because they aren't water-soluble, and I read that only sulfate or clarifying shampoos can get them out, they can cause build up, or keep moisture out of your hair. Also, since I stopped using them, I have experienced less breakage, and split ends... It may not be strictly due to the cones, but thats what it seems like so far. However, if I can't find another solution, I will probably go back to HE HH
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 16th May 2010, 10:14 pm

I am also cone free, finally! I know what you mean; it's hard to say good bye to that instant slip that a cone conditioner gives! the cone that stays behind makes the hair feel silky. but there are other conditioners that work also.

I've fallen in love with trader joe's tea tree tingle shampoo. it comes in a conditioner also. it doesn't have cones. i have to let it sit on my hair for some time before i detangle; it works, but it doesn't work immediately. (i don't think.) I add water to it sometimes, to make it thinner. once i added olive oil to it; i want to stretch it! it's not expensive, but I use so much of it. After I get my hair soaked in conditioner that has sat for awhlie, I can comb it without too much coming out.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 30th May 2010, 3:02 pm

So I haven't made it to the Trader Joe's in my area yet, but I tried the Tresseme Naturals moisture rich conditioner, and I absolutely love it. It definitely has really good slip, detangling was so much easier this time. I will still try the Trader Joe's next but for now I'm in love with this conditioner. Thanks Muz!
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 31st May 2010, 12:23 am

I think the tea tree conditioner detangled differently when i added olive oil and water, so i will try that again.

Last edited by HappyCurly on 31st May 2010, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added details)

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 31st May 2010, 12:24 am

tre semme natural is good for detangling also? i might have to let the pj have some new conditioner!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 2nd June 2010, 11:17 pm

YES!!!!! Very Happy But I'm going to have to double-check that ingredients list because that stuff was just too good to be true
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 3rd June 2010, 7:54 pm

please report back!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down