CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting Pimples

+2
KurlyK
.:Eden:.
6 posters

Go down

Fighting Pimples Empty Fighting Pimples

Post by .:Eden:. 16th May 2010, 5:02 pm

I posted this in my Curl Street Journal, and figured it would make good use over here too.

Let me first start by saying that I've tried Proactive and dozens of over the counter acne and pimple fighting treatments non of which have worked for me. So here is my skin regimen. I learned this from my mother, who knew I was using Proactive and ran into a friend who she said had terrible acne after a year and her face was completely cleared up.

All you need is Hydrogen Peroxide, Water, a Bottle, and Cotton Balls. I mix 2 parts water and 1 part peroxide into a bottle and shake. The bottle I use has a pop top so I can squirt the solution out when I'm ready. I put some on a cotton ball and wipe it all over my face. It took about 1-2 months for me to notice a difference. As an exfoliant I use baking soda, it really brightens my face and I feel and see a difference when I miss just 1 day.

I've been doing this for about 3 months or so, and I DO NOT have major break outs. If I don't clean my skin thoroughly or miss a day, I literally get a pimple the next day. I am a pimple popper and picker Embarassed so I have scabs and scars from that. My face has cleared, but I've been using Ambi to lighten thoughs. I don't think it's working like I want, so I may try Meladerm. This has like a Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven review. I'll get someone to buy it for me as a gift, because its $50.

Before:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So as you can see, my scars are taking a while to heal, but I'm happy about the progress.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Fighting Pimples Empty Re: Fighting Pimples

Post by KurlyK 16th May 2010, 6:55 pm

That is great progress! I have the same issues with my skin. Im going to have to try the peroxide and report back Smile
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 16th May 2010, 7:14 pm

@Kurlyk: Definitely try it and tell me what you think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 7:15 pm

I will definitely be trying this!! I too am a pimp popper and picker. Terrible habit.

What do you use to moisturize your face? Are you doing this once or twice a day? What do you mix the baking soda with? water? Sorry for all the questions.

I am currently using Ambi. I use Aveeno to remove make up. It's really gentle.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 16th May 2010, 7:34 pm

@Lynnie: Let the questions come. I pour baking soda into an onld Qhemets container, and every morning I dampen my face and fingers, dip my fingers into the container until the tips/pads of my finger have a good amount of baking soda on it. I put my fingers under the water to wet it and just spread and rub it all over my face for about 1-3 mins. Then I just rinse with warm water. I apply the peroxide solution, like I mentioned above, and use Ambi as my moisturizer. I don't know if that's right, but I don't want to buy another moisturizer on top of that.

I only do this in the morning, but I know I should at least do the peroxide thing twice a day. I don't though.

***IMPORTANT***
After I wash my face, I DO NOT use towels, rags, or t-shirts to dry the water off. There are loads of bacteria that build up on them as well as dust even after one day. So I ONLY use paper towels. I know someone might say this could add up, but I only use one sheet per wash and the roll only costs like $1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 7:38 pm

Thanks! I use Ambi moisturizer too. I actually like it alot. I need to buy some baking soda but I am gonna try it this week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 16th May 2010, 7:54 pm

@Lynnie: Great! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by bbear 16th May 2010, 11:34 pm

I've had just about everything they can prescribe you for acne and the best thing I've tried so far is black soap and pure shea butter. occasionally I'll exfoliate with baking soda and water, but thats it. I still get pimples when I eat badly but its much MUCH more managable.
bbear
bbear

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 16th May 2010, 11:37 pm

I am definitely going to be trying this because my skin looks like your before pictures. So anything I can do to help clear up is great. Thanks so MUCH!!!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 16th May 2010, 11:41 pm

@bbear: Thanks for the info. I have black soap as well and I use it too. I used to use shea butter until I used it all up, but it's great too.

@missmoriahiscurly: Your welcome. Pimples are horrible, and I've always been self-conscious when my face isn't clear. So I hope it works for you, definitely report back if you see any improvement.

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 18th May 2010, 12:08 am

isn't baking soda abrasive? thanks for pointing me to this link.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 18th May 2010, 12:15 am

HappyCurly wrote:isn't baking soda abrasive? thanks for pointing me to this link.

Yes, but it's not too harsh. Of course unless your grinding it into your skin. When I wet it it softens up a lot. If you were to use it dry it would rub your skin to the point where it would feel raw like you scratched your face on pavement. (My own mistake) So now I make sure I wet it prior to putting it on my face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down