CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info about Lansing or East Lansing???

3 posters

Go down

Info about Lansing or East Lansing??? Empty Info about Lansing or East Lansing???

Post by Moni 13th May 2010, 4:32 pm

I just got a new job and will be moving in August. The job is in East Lansing, but I'm thinking about living in Lansing because I don't want to deal with a whole lot of noise from college students. I've lived in Ann Arbor for the past three years, but only time I've been to E Lansing was for my interview, and I've never been to Lansing, so needless to say I know next to nothing about the area. Does anyone have any feedback or advice about Lansing or E Lansing? Where are the good neighborhoods? I'm a young professional, so I'd prefer an area with other people in their 20's and 30's or a mixed neighborhood, with access to stores, restaurants, etc. Thanks for your help!
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Info about Lansing or East Lansing??? Empty Re: Info about Lansing or East Lansing???

Post by labon10 3rd June 2010, 11:02 am

Sorry about the delay. Lansing is not like your typical city, in my opinion. Everything seems to be built around malls, with East Lansing being the exception. but the good thing is that it takes no longer than 20 minutes to get to anything.

The area near Eastwood Mall is nice, not sure about the college students as it is not that far from campus. There are new apartments in downtown Lansing, across from the baseball stadium (forgot the name of it). They've also remodeled some of the apartments above the stores/restaurants on Washington Square. It's near Cooley Law School.

Near Lansing Mall, there are some duplexes on Elmwood St. The backyards look into Sharp Park. I lived in this area (right behind Target) when I first moved to Lansing and loved it.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Info about Lansing or East Lansing??? Empty Re: Info about Lansing or East Lansing???

Post by Dricka 28th June 2010, 6:23 pm

WOW I am super late as well, if there is anything else you need send me a message and I will be more than willing to help. I stayed there while a student at MSU and I have stayed on campus and off. I still visit from time to time because I have friends there.
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down