CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bible Anyone????

+18
Heart2Worship
KreyolKatt
lena73
Tmochava
honeybaby1124
Intelligentbeauty
TerraD
Konstant Kurli
Naturally Nu*
Jonezy
BajanPrincess82
KiNkYnEsT
crvng4mr
StacyB
snappynappy
CarlsM
tiashaunteé
brittany_smiley
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bible Anyone???? - Page 3 Empty Re: Bible Anyone????

Post by Jonezy 17th December 2009, 9:27 pm

StacyB wrote:

Sometimes I don't "traditionally" pray. I keep a prayer journal so to say. I write in the journal as if I was having a conversation with God. I don't do it as often as I should but it helps me to get my thoughts out.

That's pretty cool. I have a nice blank book/journal at home that my aunt gave me a few months ago--I think I'm going to steal your idea Wink

I'm up for Bible study/discussions as well!
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th December 2009, 10:28 pm

I have been doing that for years, it is such a release. I write letters to God letting out all my worries and putting them on paper.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 17th December 2009, 10:39 pm

That is a great idea, I must do that.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Bible Anyone???? - Page 3 Empty This is how I feel today

Post by tiashaunteé 18th December 2009, 1:13 pm

Don't you just love when you wake up in the morning with a joyful heart!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th December 2009, 12:14 am

Preach! Girl I have been praising like crazy in my car on my way to work recently. People stare at me and I have not cared at all! I've just been thankful!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 19th December 2009, 12:18 am

TerraD wrote:Preach! Girl I have been praising like crazy in my car on my way to work recently. People stare at me and I have not cared at all! I've just been thankful!
LOL! I feel ya! People looking at both of us like we crazy! Sometimes I arrive to work with tears in my eyes. I'm driving to work meditating on all the things I been through and how blessed I am now, especially in this economy and I can't help but to be overcome with joy. I truly understand what people mean when they say "I could have been dead and gone" because I really could have been a few times.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th December 2009, 12:23 am

Girl! today I was listening to Now Behold The Lamb (Yeah I pulled out my Kirk Franklin and The Family Christmas album! LOL). And I was just like Wow, He didn't have to do it, but he did! I'm tearing up, while I type!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd December 2009, 1:37 pm

RevRun Words of Wisdom:

"Good morning. Do not stare at your problems and glance at God if you want a breakthrough & your prayers to be answered, On the contrary WE MUST glance at our problems and Stare at God, THAT'S THE TICKET!"
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 23rd December 2009, 1:43 pm

Thanks tiashauntee, I needed that!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay 23rd December 2009, 6:51 pm

Me too!!
Tay
Tay

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th December 2009, 7:53 am

Hello fellow sistas in Christ, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I wanted to know how everyone celebrated Christ on what we call "His birthday"? How did you or you and your family reflect on His birth?

My family and I before we openned presents, openned our Bibles and read the passages of scripture pertaining to his birth. We discussed it. Then we prayed, giving thanks and praise unto our Father for His precious Son coming to earth.
We always have children over our house on Christmas. So we had a 16, 13, 11 year olds, then our 2 sons (3 and 1 year old).
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 30th December 2009, 12:58 pm

So I am having one of those moments when the blessing are pouring down and I am just sitting here in awe. I just can't find the words to describe how I feel right now.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 30th December 2009, 7:19 pm

Waving my hands with you Tia! I was reflecting over where God has brought me from. I graduated high school with 2 children(now have 3 and married), provided for them with the little I was making, and he never let me fall. Yes some days it was HARD but he still saw me through...so for that He gets ALL the praise because he keeps on blessing me!!!!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 30th December 2009, 8:31 pm

That just proves that he never fails...I had to take the word "yet" off that song (♫he's never failed me yet♫) because saying yet means that you expect him to fail one day. But if He provided once he will provide again and again...God never fails.

I can talk about his goodness ALL DAY!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 5th January 2010, 6:25 am

I missed u guys so much. I was goin through a lot and I been working good and hard. Happy god blessed me with today cuz I needed it. I was feeling real low than Sunday best came on and now I got that feelin u no when u just no u need god. I started watching and listening. Mm I feel good. Truely blessed and no one or nothing can tale that away it took me this long to figure that out and to stop feeling bad for myself cuz of my horrid past. God wudnt give me nothing I can't handle and if my knees get weak I have him to lean on.

Last edited by brittany_pooh on 5th January 2010, 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th January 2010, 4:09 pm

So I have a quick testimony:

I joined church here is california the sunday before christmas. (I'm from michigan and moved here in august). I was happy to finally find a church that felt like home, because there are a lot of churches here in LA that feel like a show! So, rambling aside, sunday was my first new members class. The topic was "testifying/sharing your testimony with others". Two of the new members told their testimony. As they were talking, I debated whether I would tell mine. I decided that I would not. Immediately, the teacher tapped my shoulder and asked me to share mine. (I was not happy, but I did)
I said "I moved to california, because this is where God wants me. I have yet to find a job, in nursing, a field that is of necessity right now. It's hard because I could have stayed in Michigan and gotten any job that I wanted and been with my family and friends. But I wanted to be obedient. Though I do not have a job yet, I am still eating, my car is not repossesed, I have a roof over my head and God is the reason. So I technically can't complain." Then I was done. The lady across from me goes "Do you have your BSN or LVN" I replied "BSN". She goes " Her (lady next to her) and myself are nursing managers at Kaiser in Baldwin Park and we can definitely get you a job"
My mouth fell open and I replied "Don't do that". The entire class laughed and I broke into tears.
By the time I finished the entire room was in tears. After class, the ladies exchanged info with me and are working on getting me into Kaiser!

I share this because God works in mysterious ways. I had decided not to share my testimony, but God had other plans. Trust him ladies! As it gets harder and harder and we get more and more frustrated, know that God has a plan! It may not be what we plan and it may not occur when we plan it to, but trust him!

Head over to Mark 11:22-23. My favorite passage! Have a blessed day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 4:17 pm

TerraD!!! I am almost in tears reading that! God is awesome. You didn't get that last job because he had something better in store for you. I truly admire your obedience.

Lately, I have been feeling like 2010 is going to be the year of reaping. 2009 was a tough year for a lot of people-foreclosure, job loss, financial struggles...but God kept me, my friends, family, and a lot of other people. 2009 was the year to be thankful for the every day things we normally take for granted food, shelter, clothing, cars....and I believe that because you recognized all the things God did for you that He is going to do even better and greater things for you.

Great testimony!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th January 2010, 4:31 pm

Thansk tiashauntee. It's true, I didn't realize how important certain things are until you have to struggle. 2010, is definitely going to look up for a lot of people. Sometimes God has to make sure we know that he has the control, so that we are more grateful and appreciative in the end!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 4:32 pm

TerraD wrote:Thansk tiashauntee. It's true, I didn't realize how important certain things are until you have to struggle. 2010, is definitely going to look up for a lot of people. Sometimes God has to make sure we know that he has the control, so that we are more grateful and appreciative in the end!

Exactly!!! I couldn't have said it better
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by iammybeloveds 9th January 2010, 5:39 pm

Hi ladies! It is such a pleasure to learn a little bit about your lives as I read the posts in this forum. All I can do is echo what you all have been saying since this forum started....GOD IS SO GOOD! I am in a season of my life where the Lord is ministering to me through His love. I have really been trying to meditate on a couple of scriptures that have come alive in my heart.

Revelation 19:7
Let us be glad and rejoice,
and let us give honor to him.
For the time has come for the wedding feast
of the Lamb,
and his bride has prepared herself.

Song of Songs 6:3 (where my username came from)
I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine:
he feedeth among the lillies

I will celebrate four years of marriage this April. I thank God for marriage and a great husband. I cannot help but be overjoyed when I think about THE wedding all those in Christ have to look forward to! Is it just me, or does anybody else feel like God is preparing them for something special?

Have a great day ladies.
iammybeloveds
iammybeloveds

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th January 2010, 10:06 pm

I agree iammybeloveds! I can rest easy through my trials because I know that God is just gearing me up! Congrats on the anniversary girl!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 25th January 2010, 3:34 pm

dear god,
i feel blessed to say that if i dont have anyone by my side i have god. keeping me strong. these past few months have been........ lets say a trail of my true faith. i hope i met your standards. i have never been perfect and not sure if i ever will but with you anything is possible

anyone else wanna write a lil letter to god. i may just start doing that to vent. i feel better. any content is fine.
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 25th January 2010, 3:45 pm

Aw Terra that's wonderful!!! I teared up reading your story.

God truly has been good to me and my family despite the setbacks and obstacles we have faced and are still facing. Things aren't like they used to be for us but they could definitely be worse, so for that I thank God because it's only because of Him.

We left our previous church a couple months ago and have visited different churches. Yesterday we visitied one my husband and I knew nothing about but he passes it every week and always wondered what it's like. So we went yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it! It was great! The congregation was mixed, the people were so warm and friendly from the moment we walked in the door to the time we left. The praise & worship was great and so was the message. I definitely look forward to going back there next sunday and hopefully getting involved in at least 1 ministry.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum