CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bible Anyone????

+18
Heart2Worship
KreyolKatt
lena73
Tmochava
honeybaby1124
Intelligentbeauty
TerraD
Konstant Kurli
Naturally Nu*
Jonezy
BajanPrincess82
KiNkYnEsT
crvng4mr
StacyB
snappynappy
CarlsM
tiashaunteé
brittany_smiley
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bible Anyone???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bible Anyone????

Post by TerraD 22nd November 2009, 10:18 pm

NaturallyNu: This is a book that I just started reading:
Lady In Waiting
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd November 2009, 1:26 am

This is a beautiful thread. I, too, am a born again christian. Does any of you work in the youth ministry in your church?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybaby1124 23rd November 2009, 1:31 pm

I'M LOVING THIS THREAD!!! HI BRITTANY_POOH AND LADIES! I'VE BEEN A CHRISTIAN FOR MANY YEARS NOW AND I FIND THAT GOD IS STILL IN THE PROCESS OF WEEDING THE TARES OUT OF MY LIFE.I FOUND THAT THE MORE I LEARNED TO TRUST GOD AND RELY ON HIM CHANGING ME(NOT ME CHANGING MYSELF) HE WOULD TAKE AWAY OR ADD TO MY LIFE THE PEOPLE HE CHOOSES ACCORDING TO WHERE I AM IN LIFE AND THE PURPOSE THEY ARE TO SERVE IN MY LIFE OR ME IN THEIRS.VERY FEW PEOPLE WE ENCOUNTER ARE MEANT TO BE THERE FOR THE LONGHAUL. THEY ARE ONLY THERE FOR AN APPOINTED TIME.A SEASON.AND IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE AS CHRISTIANS LEARN HOW TO DETACH OURSELVES FROM THINGS AND PEOPLE AND CLING TO JESUS. REMEMBER: THE WAY TO CHRISTIAN MATURITY IS BALANCE! STUDIED 2 PETER 1:5-8 (TODAY)BE BLESSED LADIES

Last edited by honeybaby1124 on 23rd November 2009, 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : WANTED TO CLARIFY WHAT I STUDIED THIS MORNING!)
honeybaby1124
honeybaby1124

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 23rd November 2009, 6:18 pm

It sure will!

p.s. Praying for all of you beautiful ladies! Love you!
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 23rd November 2009, 6:20 pm

TerraD wrote:NaturallyNu: This is a book that I just started reading:
Lady In Waiting

Ooh thanks..I'll have to check it out, who's the author?

I'm currently reading "10 Curses That Block the Blessing" - Larry Huch (gooooood stuff right hurrr) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd November 2009, 6:23 pm

Naturally Nu* wrote:I'm currently reading "10 Curses That Block the Blessing" - Larry Huch (gooooood stuff right hurrr) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I want to read that!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 24th November 2009, 12:56 am

Ooh I have to read that one! Kendall Jones is the author of Lady in Waiting.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 5th December 2009, 12:32 am

This is an excellent thread and I'm happy that I came across it! I couldn't have said anything better than what you ladies have already stated. God has truly blessed you all with knowledge and strength and its refreshing to see individuals not afraid to express their love for God. I consider myself a Christian but I attend a nondenominational church. My purpose is to learn the word and to be guided in the right direction. I'm currently working on becoming a better Christian by living what I am taught and what I read as well as ceasing things that I have done. I couldn't agree more that living as a Christian is not easy but a life I am willing and want to live. Thanks for info on the books, I will definitely be looking into them.

Another book that may be of interest is The Jesus Priorities, which explains 8 essential habits that an individual should live by according to the Bible. I'm currently reading that one.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th December 2009, 2:31 am

We've got your back Tmochava! I'm learning more and more about God and myself everyday! I need to read that book, who's the author?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 5th December 2009, 11:41 am

TerraD wrote:We've got your back Tmochava! I'm learning more and more about God and myself everyday! I need to read that book, who's the author?

Thanks! The author is Christopher Maricle. I got it from TheUpperRoom.org.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th December 2009, 11:58 am

Tmochava wrote:I'm currently working on becoming a better Christian by living what I am taught and what I read as well as ceasing things that I have done. I couldn't agree more that living as a Christian is not easy but a life I am willing and want to live.

Same here! It bothers me when I see folks claiming to be Christian but treating others like they are insignificant. That is not what the Bible instructs us to do. People that don't know the word tend to read the Christian and I refuse to be the reason that someone is afraid to get close to God. My behavior and actions should encourage to find out what God's love is all about. You're right, it's not easy.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th December 2009, 2:58 pm

tiashauntee wrote:

Same here! It bothers me when I see folks claiming to be Christian but treating others like they are insignificant. That is not what the Bible instructs us to do. People that don't know the word tend to read the Christian and I refuse to be the reason that someone is afraid to get close to God. My behavior and actions should encourage to find out what God's love is all about. You're right, it's not easy.

PREACH! LOL. I agree 100%
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 6th December 2009, 2:59 pm

I have been having a lot of stress and when I get stressed I guess I start to drift away from the bible fall depper into a hole or something wat shud I do about that. (Oh and I soooo want this GoBible thing. Its an mp3 player with the bible and stuff on it and I think music too) do u no how long I have been waiting on that SMH.

So please help about the drifting thing cuz I feel really bad and upset. I try to pray more when its a time like this but I feel bad like "oh now I really wanna pray when I need something and not just everytime) so I stop or something or just give some nice words of advice. Plzzz.

AND I'm LOVIN THIS SO MUCH THAT I WAS WONDERING IF U ALL CUD SCRAP UP SOME MORE FOLKS OR THIS IS ENUFF AND WE CAN HAVE LIKE AN ONLINE BIBLE STUDY/ CONVO/SUNDAY SCHOOL.

I don't really get to go (no car) and u all seem so informed and know a lot and its really helping me. And its ok if we have opposite views on things the main thing is our shared love of GOD. Lol yay

We don't have to I was just getn excited. Lol
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 6th December 2009, 5:53 pm

I am so happy i ran across this thread, it excites me so much. i was raised a Baptist, but currently attend a non-denominational church - shout out to Christ Fellowship in Elizabeth,NJ!
I was so lost for so many years, after being with a deadbeat for 8 years i was free to go to church but i didn't, i was still lost/scared...lazy?
one of my coworkers asked if i wanted to go to the Easter service at her church and I've been there every single Sunday, except those days I was hurting with the MS...
I have to say, my relationship with God has grown and continues to grow...He has lifted me up out of darkness and continues to show me the light.
i agree, we should have some type of online bible study...we may have opposite views with certain things but we do have a shared love [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 6th December 2009, 6:06 pm

Ugh love it. What was a major obsticallllllllll n ur life that God really helped u out of. (This is for anyone)

I think some ppl go from God becaue they go through something so horrid and they want God to help them THAN and NOW and it doesn't happen or they can't see/hear him. But when u look harder ur'll see that he's right n front of u. U hear him every time u do the right thing he speaks through ur mouth your ears....ur hands.

"Do not ask for your burden to be lifted, but for the strength to carry it." God let's u face pains and struggles to strengthen u and ur faith n him. He allowed his son to go through struggles as well. We get to feel a meer piece or wat he went through and it took me along time to see that. And I no now that all my struggle was to get me to where I am today which is closer to God and I'm thankful everday. (Sorry if its some spelling errors I was on a roll) thanks everyone.
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 6th December 2009, 6:22 pm

lol @ ur spellings...i get ya!! when u on a roll, u cant stop. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 6th December 2009, 6:40 pm

Smile
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 7th December 2009, 1:08 pm

Ooooh good thread. (Thanks for posting the link in another thread brittany-pooh). Well let's see.... I was born Catholic, in college I was exposed to non-denominational churches and I think it was then that I really developed a relationship with God. And I knew that God would be a part of my life forever. Even married a man who loves God too( a must). BUT THEN we ran into trouble because.... I believe... That it wasn't enough to make God part of your life...He has to be the center of it. Since realizing this, I think it took me from being stagnant/complacent ( for the last 2 years) to back to where I was when I first got saved. I'm just so much more AWARE of how/where God works in my life...... from marriage to school to relationships to finances. Everything.

Also a move from the South to North really took a toll on us/me. It was sooooo hard to find a church. So hard. And then It's so libreal up here that even mentioning God will get you looked at sideways

I love how you guys are recommending books for each other. I have to narrow it down and choose 1 to read over this winter break.

Intelligentbeauty- I work in the children's ministry. I work in the nursery/toddler room tho. Not much of a curriculum. My husband works with the elementary kids though and they have a curriculum/activities and stuff. We just started and we love it! Considering starting a family soon, so it was a nice way to get our feet wet and to give back to the amazing church we found after 2 years of searching.
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th December 2009, 3:03 am

FANTASTIC KATTYA!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th December 2009, 1:31 pm

For the married folks (or those who desire to be married), this is a great book: Hidden Keys of a Loving Lasting Marriage by Gary Smalley. I'm reading this book now, and it has really blessed me. 1/2 of the book is for the husband to read and the other 1/2 is for the wife. Every "key" that the book presents walks you through how to achieve it, gives examples, and also gives scriptures to back it up. I am loving this book!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th December 2009, 2:23 am

Another great marriage book is "THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGES" by Gary Chapman. I truly believe once either party (husband or wife) reads this book. Your marriage will grow deeper and when times are rough you can reflect and go back to the languages.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th December 2009, 10:54 am

Ditto The Five Love Languages, my husband and I both read it.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 16th December 2009, 11:40 am

Ditto to "The Five Love Languages"

"Love and Respect" (Emerson Eggerichs) - kinda repetitive but fundamental

"Sacred Marriage" (Gary Thomas)

And I'm trying to get through " The Love Dare", but I'm so bad at completing my tasks ( SMH)

I love this thread Smile
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 17th December 2009, 6:14 pm

I am currently reading "Power of A Praying Woman" By. Susie Omartian and I believe that it will definitely bless your life. It has a study guide that goes with it. Totally Awesome!!

@brittney_pooh-I have a book called "What's Next" that my Pastor wrote that talks about what happened when you received Christ and it also explains your righta and benefits in Him! It helped me a lot when I received Christ back in 2006. I can send you a copy if you like and any other babes in Christ that desire to know more about what happened when you received Christ. Send me a message with you info.

Another thing brittney_pooh, you take your time in cultivating your relationship with God. Establishing a relationship with God is just like establishing a relationship with some you meet for the first time. He already knows you, but you get to know Him through His Word and His Word is true and will never change. You go as slow as you need to, He's not rushing you so don't let people and your emotions get in the way.

The enemy wants you to feel as if what you are doing is not working, but it's a deception and that is the only way that He can defeat you. If you miss it dust yourself off and continue moving forward. The Lord is your Friend, your Comforter, your Keeper, your Provider, your EVERYTHING!!! Prayer is more than just asking for things, it is also praising, worshiping, giving thanks, and just simply talking to Him as if you would talk to one of your girlfriends. It may seem strange initially, but eventually it will become a part of life every day.

I get excited just thinking about Jesus...
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 17th December 2009, 9:17 pm

Yes Power of a Praying woman was wonderful!!!! I've also read the power of a Praying wife (even though I am not married) but that book prepares you for marriage or serious relationships. The 5 Love languages for Singles was good a book, I didn't read the 5 love languages. T.D. Jakes also have some MARVELOUS books, my favorites are The Lady, Her Lover, Her Lord and Maximize the Moment, and God's leading lady.

Sometimes I don't "traditionally" pray. I keep a prayer journal so to say. I write in the journal as if I was having a conversation with God. I don't do it as often as I should but it helps me to get my thoughts out.

I think a prayer circle/bible study would be a good idea.
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum