CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter! (((( With Progress Pics! ))))

+2
TheRYL1
Peachtree
6 posters

Go down

Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter!   ((((  With Progress Pics! )))) Empty Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter! (((( With Progress Pics! ))))

Post by Peachtree 8th May 2010, 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyone own one of these?
If so, how is it working out?

I bought the planter for me and the lil one because it's supposed to be easier to grow fruits and veggies above ground as opposed to planting in the ground (for challenged gardeners like myself [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). Neither my daughter now myself have a green thumb, so hopefully this will work for us. So far, we are waiting for the tomato seed to root before transferring to the planter...if I can get the darn thing to root [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !

I'll take progress pics once planted [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Last edited by Peachtree on 5th June 2010, 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter!   ((((  With Progress Pics! )))) Empty Re: Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter! (((( With Progress Pics! ))))

Post by TheRYL1 9th May 2010, 2:54 am

Hey Peachtree!

Please let me know how/if this works...I was thinking of trying it, but didn't want to be bombarded with tomatoes...I guess I could give them away...but still! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter!   ((((  With Progress Pics! )))) Empty Re: Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter! (((( With Progress Pics! ))))

Post by BekkaPoo 9th May 2010, 9:27 am

I'm about to transplant some tomato seedlings into my MIL's (mom-in-law) Topsy Turvy today too. I guess a lot of people thought of this as a gift for Mom's Day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have a family friend who's used one before and she said it works very well.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 22nd May 2010, 3:49 pm

OK, I finally planted the tomato plant on Thursday. I'll take pics and post soon.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by iamglennie 23rd May 2010, 12:29 am

I have one going as we speak..it is growing nicely... As per the woman at homedepot..I planed cherry tomatoes since thy are not as heavy as other tomatoes.
iamglennie
iamglennie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 23rd May 2010, 2:20 pm

iamglennie wrote:I have one going as we speak..it is growing nicely... As per the woman at homedepot..I planed cherry tomatoes since thy are not as heavy as other tomatoes.

Wow!!! Can you post pics?? I'd love to see how it looks!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by iamglennie 23rd May 2010, 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This is about a month. HTH! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by iamglennie on 23rd May 2010, 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : pic problems)
iamglennie
iamglennie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 23rd May 2010, 5:25 pm

THANKS!!!!! Wowww, it looks just like my planter!! I thought of planting cherry tomatos but changed my mind...as green thumb challenged as I am, I had this bright idea to go for the biggins... so I planted the big boy...Beefsteak tomatos, lol. Hope this works. Ok gonna post my pics...
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 23rd May 2010, 5:36 pm

Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 23rd May 2010, 5:43 pm

Unfortunately I have to plant in the front of my house because that's where the sun shine the best. My neighbors are as excited as I am about the planter...they are waiting for some free home grown beefsteak tomatos! Personally, I LOVE GREEN TOMATOS...so once I get some good green growth, then I'll be a happy camper!!

All others with Topsy Turvys...post your pics!! I wanna see!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by iamglennie 23rd May 2010, 7:26 pm

Yours looks fab!! We had ours hanging from a ladder that I would just move around the yard...that got old QUICK! LOL ..Ours has already started to turn upward toward the sun as expected..cant wait tilthe tomatoes start to bloom!
iamglennie
iamglennie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 24th May 2010, 12:11 am

iamglennie wrote:Yours looks fab!! We had ours hanging from a ladder that I would just move around the yard...that got old QUICK! LOL ..Ours has already started to turn upward toward the sun as expected..cant wait tilthe tomatoes start to bloom!

Ours has turned up as well. I wasn't sure why that happened but I figured it must have been a good thing!! I'll try to remember to take a pick of the "U" shape of the plant.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th May 2010, 12:02 am

Ok here's the "U" shape

Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th May 2010, 12:13 am

Just a quick update...so far so good. The lil one & I have watched several turvy utubes and it appears like our tomato plant is doing quit well. Thursday 5/27 will mark 1 wk since planting...most importantly, I haven't killed the plant (..........yet geek ). Ok off to do more reading and utube watching!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 26th May 2010, 9:44 am

Hubby got one each for me and my Crumpet (daughter) since we like to garden. Topsy turvy did very well and the tomatoes were delish. This year though it's strawberries, sage, halepenos, and basil.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 28th May 2010, 10:51 pm

Goomba do u have pics of your strawberry & jalepeno planters?
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 30th May 2010, 2:46 pm

Our tomato plant is thriving quit well!! The leaves are growing out and getting full. New stems have emerged out of no where!! Now want to see some tomatos!! I still have WEEKS before the first fruit pushes through...guess the lil one and I can wait til then...

Here's week 2 pics...

Last edited by Peachtree on 5th June 2010, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 5th June 2010, 12:37 am

I believe I saw tomato buds growing the other day! Tomorrow morning I'm going to do a thorough inspection and report back. If there's true buds then I'll post pics. Just the thought of having buds form only after 2 wks following transplant is ubber inspiring!!

I'm halfway tempted to get outta bed and go inspect now (@ 11:38pm lol)...but I'll wait til the a.m. Smile
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 5th June 2010, 12:32 pm

Yeppers!!! I saw tomato buds and SURPRISINGLY one of the buds has SPROUTED!!!!!

Bring on the tomatos!!!!!!!!!!

WEEK 3......See pics below...

Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 5th June 2010, 1:48 pm

Reminder, if anyone has a tomato planter, please post your planter pics. I'd love to see it!! (Prefer upside down planters like Topsy Turvy...basket and bucket planter pics are welcome also! )
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 10th June 2010, 11:03 pm

Week 4 pics...

The plant is still on the grow despite tornado weather, lack of sunshine and frost!

2 buds have blossomed..several more buds are witing 2 blossom.

Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 29th June 2010, 2:10 pm

Week 6

Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 24th July 2010, 3:22 am

Ok so
where are the rest of the pix???

don't leave me hanging...LOL
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down