CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

::Soleil::

+13
jcanalena79
TheRYL1
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
poeticlyspkng
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
soleil
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Empty Re: ::Soleil::

Post by soleil 19th May 2010, 1:55 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Happy Belated Birthday!!

Thank ya thank ya! woot!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 19th May 2010, 2:01 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:1. Um, twists are to DIE for!!!!!! They look great!!!
2. I also use the Bee Mine Nourish bar! With the alma powder in it, it is the ONLY "shampoo" that isn't drying. It is now my holy grail shampoo--even if it is a bar. As much as I like the conditioner, the jury is still out on a repurchase. I have to use too much... lol Oh, and I LOVE the Luscious moisture cream!!!
3. I'm a seafood fanatic too (as well as sushi). Going to my half priced Wednesday spot for lunch!

Ok, I think I'm up to date now!

Wow! I am so glad you liked my twists! That's an amazing compliment. Embarassed
I completely agree about the Nourish bar. Oh man it's so awesome! I don't use ANY other shampoo besides that one. It lathers up nicely but my hair is never stripped, like you said. I, too, am on the fence about the conditioner. I loved it at first, but after a while I realized that I had to use a TON to coat my hair... and also I have very sensitive skin and I noticed that the skin on my hairline would feel a little bit tender to the touch. Shocked I got scared and I have stopped using it. I really want to try the Luscious cream... I will have to do that!

P.S. I LOVE half priced Wednesdays! The place that I like to go for sushi has that as well!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Empty Sorry I have been away!

Post by soleil 19th May 2010, 2:17 pm

OMG! I feel like I've been away for years. Embarassed

I have actually just been enjoying spending time with my hubby and son. I am done with school until the fall and I only work part time, so I have way more time to hang out with them!

Okay, quick update about my hair:

1. My twists didn't last a whole week. Or rather, I didn't leave them in for a whole week. They would have lasted for longer, I think. But I got so antsy to have my hair out! But, I did like them. I wore them pinned up for work and let them hang free when I was at home. Lol. However, I don't know when I will do twists again. It really did take me a loooong time to put them in. And while the pinned up styles were cute, they took a lot of work/manipulation because my hair is in a weird in-between stage where I need to use like a GAZILLION bobby pins to make it look right!

2. I am going to be posting an updated regimen w/pics of my hair because I may have found something that is working WONDERS for my hair. I don't want to jinx it though. I am going to try it out a few more times so I can get a real idea of how it is working. But, I will say that I am excited! dance

3. I can't believe I didn't make a post about it earlier, but on May 15th (the day after my birthday), Morena (my hair) turned 8 months old!!!! She's getting so big. afro I couldn't not be more proud!
I also can't believe that 8 months have already passed. It really is like watching a child grow up! (Trust me, I know! My little boy keeps getting bigger and it feels like I only just BLINKED between the day of his birth and now... four years later!) I will definitely have pictures posted soon!

See y'all around on Curl Street!!!!

Aisha Soleil sunny
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Empty Slept so Long!

Post by soleil 14th December 2010, 7:40 pm

*sheepishly enters*
So... I've been sort of MIA! OMG, I can not believe how long it has been. I have continued to lurk on the main CN page and once in a while I will comment on some articles but I haven't been to the forums in forever. Partly because I couldn't remember my username! Embarassed lol! The other reason is due to the fact that I fell behind on documenting my hair journey. Honestly, I kind of got burnt out! I grew tired of putting so much thought and time into my hair. So, I took a break from thinking about it so much. But, now I am ready to start again.

I am currently on a personal challenge. What is it? Well, I have been wearing my hair out a lot more than is healthy. Nothing "bad" has happened yet, but I don't want to take any chances. So, I decided to do a protective style challenge. For 4 months I plan to wear my hair in twists. I'll clean/moisturize/seal my hair once a week and re-twist every two weeks. To keep myself from getting bored, I am going to try different twisting techniques and styles. Right now, I am sporting simple and smallish two strand twists. This is my second day with them in. The first day I just wore them down. Today, for work, I pulled the back into a pony with a banana clip and just clipped the front back with a Goody flex barrette. I took it down as soon I as got home, though!
The biggest problem I have with twists is that I tend to manipulate them too much by worrying too much about styling them. So, I am trying to stick with just two trusty styles: Down or in a pony. (My hair is not quite long enough to make a decent bun!)

Of course I am making sure to keep my hair nice and moisturized on a daily basis or at least every other day!

I figured that the winter season is a great time to start this challenge. I really want to work on retaining length and keeping my hair healthy.

Oh, by the way I am now 1 year and 3 months natural (well, tomorrow I will be. September 15 2009 is the date of my bc)! I will add some pictures in a separate post!

Thanks for reading!

Aisha Soleil sunny
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Empty Recent Pics!

Post by soleil 14th December 2010, 8:11 pm

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pa300211
Halloween 2010: Pirate Puff!

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pb030210
Semi-stretched hair before going out...

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pb260210
Semi-stretched hair after getting ready to go out...

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pc090210
Impromptu protective style a week or so ago (back side)

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pc090211
Same style as above (side view). Please excuse the bobby pin! LOL

More pics to come after this!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Empty My Current Twists for my Protective Style Challenge

Post by soleil 14th December 2010, 8:22 pm

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pc140310
Left Side

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pc140311
Back (If you look closely you can see that my husband was trying to get into the shot... *sigh*)

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pc140312
Right Side (If you look closely again, you can see part of my son. Geez, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! LOLOL)

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pc140313
Front

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Pc140314
Just goofing around!
run

Last edited by soleil on 14th December 2010, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a title. :))
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th December 2010, 8:32 pm

Welcome back and good luck on your challenge!!!! Very Happy
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Empty A short comparison of my first natural year

Post by soleil 14th December 2010, 9:26 pm

While I'm on here and posting pics, I wanted to do a comparison of lengths so here goes!

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Hallow10
Halloween 2009: Naturally Sweet Bee!

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Chopst10
Dec 2009 (2 months natural): Eating sushi with hubby and friends!

::Soleil:: - Page 3 P5210210
May 2010: At the Zoo!

::Soleil:: - Page 3 P5130117
My twists in May 2010 (sorry, this is a crummy pic but I have few to choose from!)

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Zoopuf10
August 2010: Teeny Pony Puffs at the Zoo. (And a 4 yr old curly headed cutiepie too!)

::Soleil:: - Page 3 Family10
Me with my family (well, part of it!) Oct 2010

I realize that most of these photos feature my hair either twisted or in a puff. Except for the very early ones when I really couldn't do those styles! I don't wear my hair *out* that often and it seems that when I do I can never remember to snap pictures. Darn it! I should have some soon though because I did wear my hair out this past weekend to family gatherings and I know someone sneaked a few shots of me. I can say that my hair was a hit this year as opposed to last year. Several people let me know that my hair is so awesome... now that it's longer. Psssh. I think it's fierce either way!

afro
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 14th December 2010, 9:28 pm

@Lynnieluve: Thank you so much! By the way, your hair is looking STUNNING! Like, OMG!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th December 2010, 10:05 pm

Thanks!! Your son is adorable and your hair has grown so much!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th December 2010, 11:10 pm

Welcome Back Soleil! Your hair has indeed grown a lot. I can see the difference in your twists between May 2010 and your recent pics of your twists. Great growth!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 15th December 2010, 12:54 am

@Lynnieluve: I must admit that my little man is a cutie! lol. Sometimes I find myself just staring at him in wonder like, "Wow, did my husband and I really make such a doll?!" And he is just as smart as he is cute. I'm going to have trouble keeping the girls away from him when he's older. *sigh* affraid

@krazy coils: Thank you! Even though I know my hair is growing, I didn't realize how much until I sat down and compared the photos. I won't lie, I was starting to wonder if I was retaining length. I am hoping that this twist challenge will help me see even more growth over the next year!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 15th December 2010, 11:01 pm

Welcome Back!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 16th December 2010, 3:14 am

@ SheeTacular_Napps: Thanks! I'm glad to be back!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th December 2010, 5:20 pm

Hey Soleil!!!!! Wow I haven't been through your journal in forever! It seems like you are doing mighty fine and your hair is looking fabulous!!! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum