CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

::Soleil::

+13
jcanalena79
TheRYL1
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
poeticlyspkng
SheeTacular
bholmes87
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
soleil
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 2 Empty Re: ::Soleil::

Post by ktoliver5303 10th May 2010, 2:53 am

Welcome Soleil!! It is so exciting to see your story and you being here on Curl Street Journal now. I do feel you on the bored with the hair thing. When I had a TWA I was able to use different headbands and accessories. NOW Diva (my hair) is NOT HAVING IT!! I do have to say that I am lazy in the department of styling. Make sure to take pics of when you do try a style so we can check it out!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 10th May 2010, 12:18 pm

@ktoliver5303: I love your hair's name! Like you, I tend to be lazy when it comes to styling! But, I do plan to change that! I will definitely post pics as soon as I try something. I'm planning on trying a style this coming weekend!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 2 Empty Yay! Page Two!!! LOL

Post by soleil 10th May 2010, 12:35 pm

Happy Monday everyone!
Sadly, I am not exactly in a happy Monday mood. I have been sick literally all weekend! And I'm still not 100%. Actually, I'm feeling progressively worse. My allergies give me problems without fail this time of year. Here in Oklahoma, where the weather is pretty unpredictable and allergens are HIGH, you kind of get used to it. But! It doesn't mean that I like it. I feel a sinus infection coming on so I am trying to get as much rest as possible and drink lots of water/tea. Luckily for me, my hubby is in pharmacy school (He is almost done!!! After this semester, which ends this week I think, he will practically be a pharmacist! He'll have a year of rotations and they he's done! Yaaaaay!) and he knows what over-the-counter medicines will work best for me. I REFUSE to go to the doctor until it's necessary! He thinks I'm crazy, but I'm just not a big fan of doctor visits. Been that way since I was a kid! I feel like every time I see a doctor, I get stuck with needles... UNNECESSARY! Hahaha! Okay, probably not, but I hate needles so much!

I am sitting at home right now. I don't have school on Mondays, and I don't go in to work until 3 today. So, what to do? Well, I could (and should) study for my finals this week! I could (and should) finish the last load or two of laundry. Or... I could play in my hair. I dunno. I was going to wait until this weekend, but I'm kind of in the mood to try something new! If I do, I will take some pictures!!!!

Hasta luego!

Aisha Soleil sunny
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 12:54 pm

Morning Aisha

Happy belated Mother's Day. You do have quite a bit of hair, and that puff is beautiful. Embrace your hair sweetie...it is soo pretty and thick! What is BSP...sorry I've seen so many acronyms for products that I can't keep up. ::Soleil:: - Page 2 Fresse

Also, I just tried the Yes To Cucumbers conditioner today, and I ain't never leaving this relationship!! LOL I like your HG list and I need to narrow mine down as well. Like you. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer. I had one when I had braids, but I need to tweek my ingredients for my w&g's. When I do I'll share it then!!!

Hope you start to feeling better soon, and I understand how you feel about needles. I've been that way since I was a toddler, and it hasn't changed yet!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 10th May 2010, 11:19 pm

¡Hola KNH! First: You are so sweet! Thanks for the love!
And yes! Please do share any moisturizer discoveries you make! Lol! I am really hoping that I can keep my HG list as simple as possible. I wish I could make it even shorter, but my hair is a tad too needy! Very Happy

Yes! To Cucumbers is seriously amazing. I don't even know why I broke up with it for even a short period of time!!!!!! Thankfully, it forgave me and welcomed Morena (my hair) and me back into its smooth and silky arms! Laughing

Oh! And did you mean BMP? That just stands for Bee Mine Products! I don't even know if it's a popular acronym! I can't keep up with those things either. Some times I find my self completely confused and running at break neck speed to the natural dictionary thread!

And thank you, I hope I start feeling better too! I'm sure it will pass. But, I'm going to keep avoiding the doc as long as possible! LOL.

sunny

Last edited by soleil on 10th May 2010, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th May 2010, 11:20 pm

Wow the puff looks FIERCE!!! You've got tons of hair miss lady and I love it ♥️
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 10th May 2010, 11:23 pm

Awwww! Thank you B!!!! Embarassed That's amazing coming from one of my hair idols!! I love you
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th May 2010, 12:19 pm

Howdy neighbor!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 12th May 2010, 1:11 pm

Hola Shee!!!! Smile
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 2 Empty Just a Quick Story

Post by soleil 12th May 2010, 1:33 pm

So, for the past couple of weeks I have been pretty lazy with styling my hair and pretty much rocking a puff. To prevent any strain on my edges, I just let my hair free when I get home at the end of the day. And I am very careful not to pull too tight. I don't use (or even own) a brush to aid in slicking my hair back. I just rub a little castor oil in my palms and use my hands to smooth back my hair. I got the idea from NikkiMae2003 (youtuber/blogger). It helps me with shine and also has surprisingly good hold.
Anyway, I like this style especially because it is a very work-appropriate look for my current hair length. I work at a bank and our dress code is business-casual. My natural hair has not been an issue at all with my bosses and co-workers. It's pretty much a non-issue. And our customers don't seem to be bothered by it at all. But, while no one has made any negative comments about Morena... she hasn't gotten a ton of compliments either. Don't get me wrong, I don't need compliments from others to feel great about my hair. I love Mo!!! I think she is beautiful in all her kinky-curliness! BUT! It is nice to hear that someone else feels the same way.
Well, yesterday a customer, who happened to be a some-what older Black woman, came to make a deposit and the first thing she said to me was, "Wow. I love your hair. It is beautiful!" I was beyond flattered!!!! Because to be honest, most of the Black women in my area who are NOT natural give me these looks. Y'all know the look!!! Suspect
I know I was grinning from ear to ear and probably blushing! This wasn't my first compliment ever, but it was one that meant a lot because she went on to say that she was thinking about going natural. I told her that she should definitely think about it and let her know that she could find SO MUCH information and support on websites like this one and Youtube...etc. I let her know that being natural isn't just a walk in the park, but it is SO VERY WORTH IT! I sincerely hope that the next time I see her she has made the decision to set herself free!!

Hasta luego!
Aisha Soleil sunny
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 2 Empty Guess What I Did...

Post by soleil 14th May 2010, 1:13 am

This!!!
::Soleil:: - Page 2 P5130110
::Soleil:: - Page 2 P5130111
::Soleil:: - Page 2 P5130113

And for work today I did this: *side note* The shirt I am wearing is NOT what I wore to work! LOL.
::Soleil:: - Page 2 P5130114
::Soleil:: - Page 2 P5130115
::Soleil:: - Page 2 P5130116

LOL, yes I was in the bathroom for the second set of pictures. Don't judge! Razz
So, I am quite proud of myself for sitting down and twisting up my curlies, but to be honest, I don't see myself doing this often. Why? Because I have SO MUCH FREAKING HAIR! I swear it took forever. Granted, I started them fairly late on Wednesday, around 10... but I didn't finish until around 2am or so!!!!! Not cool! My goal is to keep them in for at least a week... and then I will see how they look. I guess you could say I am doing a little mini-challenge for myself! I think I did a fairly good job considering that I am not exactly skilled at styling my hair. My co-workers were in awe! When I went in, one of my co-workers (a woman named Kristy) said, "Oh wow, your hair!" She asked me what I did, and I told her I just twisted it and then pinned it up. Her eyes widened and she said, "You did that YOURSELF?!"
Me- Slightly sheepishly "Oh. Well, yeah!"
Kristy-"Wow!!!! How did you do the back?!"
Me- "Well... I dunno really. I just did it!"
LOL. She was so impressed. I was flattered but at the same time I was giggling a bit inside at how clueless some people are about our hair!

Well, thanks for reading!!!

Aisha Soleil sunny
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th May 2010, 8:24 am

The twists look good and don't worry I take most of my pics in my bathroom also
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th May 2010, 9:02 am

morena, lol, thats cute!!

u got a LOT of hangtime, i can only imagine u bein pretty tired twisting all night. thats why i HATE doin my hair after 6p. for now i know i can finish up within 2hrs but even thats long when u doin it urself. I can only imagine the looks n stares u get in OKLAHOMA (i wonder who came up wit that name) and dnt worry, my chez whitey co-workers dont understand my type hair either. When i first got here (with a perm) this one chick didnt understand why i didnt wash my hair everyday. im like...let me let u in on a lil secret...move in closer...**whisper** U DONT GET A BLACK GIRLS HAIR WET!!!

clearly the dirtier the better. its like marinating...it gets better by the day. Even now, the more i let it be, the bigger it gets! in my twa days i washed every other day but now that its gettin longer...once a week is PERFECT for me!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th May 2010, 9:59 am

Your twist are cute!!! As for the time, the more you practice, the faster you get.

What products did you use to twist your hair?

So Random: Love those shower curtains!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

::Soleil:: - Page 2 Empty Today I am 24!

Post by soleil 14th May 2010, 5:03 pm

First: Today (May 14th) is my 24th birthday! *squeal* LOL! And the years keep coming... cheers

I don't have any huge plans because I'm kind of a homebody! But, I am going to go out for sushi with my hubby and son. My hubby HATES sushi, but I love it! He can order orange chicken or something. Laughing
Also, today was the day of my last final for this semester. YAAAAAY! cheers I am ready for a break! I am only taking one class this summer, so I will have more time to spend with my family and friends since I only work part-time at my bank. And then I only have two semesters left and I will FINALLY have my associate's degree. Then I can FINALLY work towards getting my bachelor's. I am beyond ready!

Okay. So, on a hair related note. Y'all, my PJ kicked in unexpectedly at Target yesterday. Yeah. I went in with the intention to *only* get a new bottle of Yes to Cucumbers and maybe browse the accessory aisle. Well. Somehow I ended up wandering into the "other" hair care aisle, y'all know how the "organic" stuff is separate from the "other" hair products. And I saw a 25 oz bottle of that new Tresseme Naturals sillicone free conditioner for like $5! I've heard good things, but I *really* wanted to say no. But my PJ hit me like a ton of bricks and I caved! Then I ended up back in the organic aisle (AFTER I had already been there to get my YTC) and saw a bottle of Giovanni Direct Leave-in with one of those "Try it Free" rebate coupons on it. I decided it must have been a sign that it was absolutely necessary for me to buy that conditioner. Just to try it! And I've heard good things about it too. Smile
(side note: the next few sentences have nothing to do with hair) And then, on top of that, I also ended up moseying down the facial care aisle. I have been using St. Ives products, but they have proven to be a bit drying for my sensitive combination skin. So, I decided to try Neutrogena (sp?) because my doctor had recommended it not too long ago. I got the cream cleanser and I already LOVE it! So soft and my face didn't feel all yucky. I also got a cleanser/mask that I will use mostly as a mask.

Anyway, I digress!!! I keep going on these random tangents! LOL

Okay, back to hair!

@Krazy Coils: Thank you so much! Embarassed And also, the bathroom is my go too place for pics because I can look in the mirror and make sure I'm getting what I want in the shot! LOL.

@Nubie: ROFL @ u don't get a black girl's hair wet!!!!! Oh lord! I have had to tell that to so many people in the past! Especially my husband's family. They LOVE to swim, and they didn't understand why I hated going near the water. But it was usually after I'd gotten a FRESH RELAXER when they would want to go swimming! Well, that and one small detail: I don't even know HOW to swim. No Sad, right?! LOL! I was always like, I just got my hair done so you better not splash me! lol!
And, I am definitely going to have to set a limit on what time I can start my hair. 10 pm is entirely too late!

@Lynnie: First, I have been meaning to tell you that your new avatar is FIERCE! I love love love that twist up-do! And thanks so much for the compliment!!!!!! Embarassed I really hope that I get faster, though, because I was SO TIRED! Sleep As far as products, to be completely honest I didn't use anything. Shocked Bad, I know! But, I kind of started twisting on a whim while I was watching a show with my hubby... and I was too lazy to get up and get anything. I did my twists on dry hair that had been co-washed and moisturized the day before so my strands weren't thirsty or anything! But, the next time I twist, I am going to use my Bee Mine Curly Butter. I have used it for WnG's and loved it, but I haven't used it for twists yet. I think I will like it! Oh, and I LOVE my shower curtain too!!!! I got it from Walmart! Cool
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th May 2010, 7:37 pm

::Soleil:: - Page 2 879602 HAPPY BIRTHDAY AISHA!!! ::Soleil:: - Page 2 879602

Hubby tried sushi for the first time last weekend. I've only tried it once before myself but it was soo funny. I let him pick what kind we tried. I was some kind of crab meat sushi. When he ate the first one, he said he liked it but by time he got to number 3, he said he felt sick. I was ::Soleil:: - Page 2 Lol. I kept trying to tell him to try it without the soy sauce but after that he was done. Too funny.

I love the Tresemme Natural Conditioner. It's great to co wash with!!

I love Giovanni Direct Leave in. I've been using it for about 8 months now!! It's awesome with coconut oil.

I like the curly butter too. I wasnt gonna order it again but after my last time using it, I think I am gonna give it another shot. Make sure you use a good moisturizer under it.

I will be checking out the curtain aisle the next time I am in Walmart!!

Sorry so long ::Soleil:: - Page 2 Icon_redface
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 14th May 2010, 8:15 pm

Thank you Lynnie!!!! *hugs* I love you

LOL @ your hubby! I am huge fan of sushi. Before my best friend moved to New York last September, she and I would go to a local Japanese restaurant called Sushi Neko at least twice a month! It was a little ridiculous. We also tried a few other places, but that one was our fave. And we always seemed to get lucky and get the same waiter every time. He loved us... probably because we ordered so much! We're big eaters. pig

You should definitely give it another shot! When I used it for my WnGs I would put the Deja's Hair Milk mixed with a little glycerin for a moisturizer. It worked okay, but I think that the Hair Milk is just a *tad* too thin for my hair. I want to order the Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer, but the just had a sale not too long ago (That I foolishly skipped out on!!!!!) and now their shipping will take longer than usual so I am waiting for that to calm down.

If you get a cute new shower curtain, make sure you take a picture so I can see it!!!!! lol!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th May 2010, 5:01 pm

Hey Aisha!!!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! woot!
I hope you had a blast eating your sushi Very Happy

Your twists looked great! It takes me a few hours to twist as well. The more I practice, the faster I get. But my hair gets longer too so the time has pretty much remained the same. LOL I can twist in about 2 1/2 hours consistently as my hair gets longer. Your twists are super cute though Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th May 2010, 5:33 pm

ok I missed the puff and the twist! I LOVE IT!!! Happy Birthday a few days late!

I clearly have been late on reading your thread. Lol @ not swimming!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 17th May 2010, 5:49 pm

Hey Soleil!

Just coming through to say Happy belated Birthday & your twists look lovely!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 18th May 2010, 4:21 pm

Happy Belated Birthday!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 19th May 2010, 1:27 pm

1. Um, twists are to DIE for!!!!!! They look great!!!
2. I also use the Bee Mine Nourish bar! With the alma powder in it, it is the ONLY "shampoo" that isn't drying. It is now my holy grail shampoo--even if it is a bar. As much as I like the conditioner, the jury is still out on a repurchase. I have to use too much... lol Oh, and I LOVE the Luscious moisture cream!!!
3. I'm a seafood fanatic too (as well as sushi). Going to my half priced Wednesday spot for lunch!

Ok, I think I'm up to date now!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 19th May 2010, 1:51 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Hey Aisha!!!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! woot!
I hope you had a blast eating your sushi Very Happy

Your twists looked great! It takes me a few hours to twist as well. The more I practice, the faster I get. But my hair gets longer too so the time has pretty much remained the same. LOL I can twist in about 2 1/2 hours consistently as my hair gets longer. Your twists are super cute though Smile

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! I did have a blast! cheers And thank you for the sweet words about my twists! Embarassed I am impressed that you can twist all that hair in 2 1/2 hours. That's amazing!!! One day I hope to get that fast. Smile
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 19th May 2010, 1:53 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:ok I missed the puff and the twist! I LOVE IT!!! Happy Birthday a few days late!

I clearly have been late on reading your thread. Lol @ not swimming!

Thank you so much! I love you
Haha! You really haven't missed too much! I have been a little MIA myself lately. Embarassed
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 19th May 2010, 1:54 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Hey Soleil!

Just coming through to say Happy belated Birthday & your twists look lovely!

Thank you so very much!!!1 Embarassed I love you
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum