CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+41
MissyCee
Scarletjazz
Naturalandhappy
Naturally Esq
sonance
tshala
Carolina Natural
Armywife
4me2b4b
CeeC
natural one
Jem
justicenga
netta
stephelise
4bkinkicurli
Allwoman
SheeTacular
Free2Be
diamondcurls
TMS
Naturalpenny
Naturalin2010
krazy coils
Delta87
CrissyQ
new2curl
Sebastain13
savvybrown
MicaiahTy
Pinkpearls
tiashaunteƩ
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
TheRYL1
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
45 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 39 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd December 2010, 5:45 pm

: cheers @Missy!

You all wanna see why I only do CN.com? http://bglhonline.com/2010/11/a-public-big-chop-event/

Mess!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 39 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by MissyCee 3rd December 2010, 7:18 pm

Does anyone have dark circles around the holes in your ear, where you wear earrings?? I've had my ears pierced since I was 4 and I can and can't wear some earrings. I was wondering if you know of a cream or something I can use to get this under control.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 3rd December 2010, 7:49 pm

SWEET- that was a HAM- HOT A55 ME55!!
MIssyCee- I have scars from my accident-- around eyes and I am using shea butter- it is lightening it somewhat. Hope that Helps
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 3rd December 2010, 9:06 pm

I'll try it. Thanks Nyla!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 4th December 2010, 9:08 pm

Hey curlies I am now introducing Zuri all blown out!! My sister did it for me just today! But I blew it was suppose to wait 4yrs before using heat so maybe one blowout every 2yrs will work.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 4th December 2010, 11:14 pm

Well mid-November I finally made the decision to cut off the rest of the relaxer after 1 year of transitioning! Wasn't really a BC since I had previously went dfrom APL to just about chin length during the 2nd and 3rd months and trimmed the ends along the way. By the time last month rolled around I was approximately 1.5" away from where I started...just above APL. My hair is fast growing and really I only had somewhere around 2" of relaxed ends left. I've never had a line of demarcation as it is completely curly from root to ends and really hard to tell....so just eyeballed it based on the cutting and trimming along the journey. Even with a relaxer I could where curly styles no problem Shocked
Anyhoo....I didn't need to cut off as much as I did last month, but really wanted to try to rock a TWA...that and feelin' too lazy these days LOL! I had seen some ladies wearing finger/comb coils some months ago and ultimately this is what really gave me the guts to allow myself to actually made the cuts!! I thought it looked so darn cute and I'd never heard of these before!! Just as soon as I finished, co-washed and dc'd, I sat myself down on the computer and did a search for directions on finger coils and have been putting them in 1x weekly since Razz I put the coils in after putting in my leave-in (usually GF Sleek-n-Shine Cond./water/oil mix) and sealing with my whipped Shea/oils.....sometimes I top off with my Flaxseed Gel mix made with Epsom Salts, AVG, and Avocado/Grapeseed (or Sweet Almond) oils for coils that will hold up longer before wearing a coil out a day or two before starting all over.
So anyways this is how I'm wearing my hair these days and love it and surprisingly enough...it's easy and doesn't take as long as I thought it might. I spent much more time putting in two strand sister twists on longer hair even though the total number of coils are near twice as many LOL! Go figure Rolling Eyes
PS I started, last week, sealing with Crisco mixed/whipped with Grapeseed and Avocado oils!! OMG! I can't believe how unbelievably soft it makes my hair and is light-weight. I got the tip from NaturallyNike's fotki....Thank you Nike!!
Here is my first finger coil set
Here is my hair today after co-washing and addition of leave-in and sealing with Crisco. First time without coils since cutting. Wanted to get a pic of texture

Last edited by MsVera on 4th December 2010, 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pictures added)
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 4th December 2010, 11:53 pm

Nice MsVera!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 5th December 2010, 12:04 am

justicenga wrote:Renny, I like to think that I'm 25. It just sounds like a good age. Then I see one of the three gray hairs that I have and realize that I'm 35.

For Thanksgiving, I'll be going to Kentucky for a meet up with the hubby's fam. This will be the first time that I won't be hitting the black Friday sales.

One of three gray hairs?! Boy did I ever have you beat at 35 LOL! I wish that was all I had then. By the time I was 33-34 I already had stripes over each ear and at my center part. Now at 41 I have them all over Rolling Eyes I should be grateful....my mother's father, my grandfather (half German half Italian) was more gray (white really) than black by age 20. I'm also not really gray, but rather white which is another blessing, but if I don't stop smoking (working on it) it will be yellow....ACK!
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 5th December 2010, 1:06 am

TY NaturalHonney Wink
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 5th December 2010, 1:24 pm

Naturalhoney- Girl - ZURI!!! is AMAZING!! You got some hair!!!!
Ms Vera- you hair looks good, as well!!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 5th December 2010, 2:26 pm

Thanks Nyla you know its been a long journey had it cut off in the 7th grade but grew it back in high school its been cut and permed too many times to count, my mother use to tell me you keep cutting its not going to grow back. Did I tell you her hair is coming back in since she finished her Chemo? Well she said she is going to keep it natural. If you think I have hair you should have seen my mom back in the day! I wonder if she will wear that Angela Davis afro again. lol

I'm doing a braidout while its blown out will post picture when I take the braids out.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 5th December 2010, 6:34 pm

Beautiful hair Natural and Ms Vera. Crisco??? Never heard or thought about that one.

I've driving mom back to GA. Here for a few days. Will check to see what essential oils I can find down here before heading back. I am flying so I will have to send myself a box. Oh and because I'm flying, I had to leave a lot of hair stuff at home. Hope my hair can take this trip. I go back on Wednesday, so.......

Later ladies.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th December 2010, 8:21 pm

MissyC travel safely!
Honey I saw Zuri all out and thangs on FB! I love it!
Nice hair Ms Vera! Crisco you say? Hmmmmm

Nyla where da pics at main? Lol

I have been on the sofa all weekend! Trying to dodge a cold/flu or something! Then I got up to do laundry and these raggedy hips been beatin my arse since then! I gotta get some exercise routine because I am not liking me right now.....
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 5th December 2010, 8:39 pm

Sweet, you know I was just thinking of getting some exercise myself. I was walking the dog daily. Then the cold air came in and so did I. Need to find something. The holiday parties are now happening and I won't look all flabby. Not that I do, but, the no exercise thing does make the weight stick around a bit more. I just tried the V8 Fusion, I was always scared of it for the V8 taste, but it was very good. I gave up sodas in early summer, I do need to work on that water thing though. I drink it, but not enough. Now I've found another drink to add to my fridge as well. I am also a smoker and NEED to stop. I have a bday Jan 5th so I plan to stop by then to help the whiter teeth, fresher breath and longer life routine. Wish me luck......Guess when I get back to VA I will get back to some type of exercise routine. I was also thinking of protective styles. I am heavily leaning towards braids to give myself a little break from wet head syndrome. I think a nice cute short style will last me through to January then see what progress I have on my growth. I guess I am entering "that oh my what cna I do with my hair zone". It's very tightly curled and not really a puff yet. The twist out was ok, but but very smooshed and tight the next day. I used to wear braids a lot, and knock on wood, I haven't had any edges or anything break from their wear. I never tried a wig. I might look to see what types are around. But I think braids are the trick.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 6th December 2010, 10:20 am

Honey- I am glad to hear her hair is coming back. How is she doing?

Sweet- The place was dark so most of my photos that I took were very dark! :-( Pam and I took one with our moms and I am real excited to see that one. All four of us are natural. Pam is beside my mom and I am beside hers!!

MissyC- Drive safe!!

I know yall knew abt the job but I was so happy when my mortgage went so low!!! OMG!! I am so happy I could cry, STILL!!

Also, working on this weight thang...joining weightwatchers, I will open up my curl st and blog while I do this so there is some accountability!!

Decided to go to VEGAS!!!! for my birthday...March 5th!! Whose coming with?????or do i have to wait til May to meet yall? (world natural hair show) I will be working at the Koils by Nature booth on one of the days!!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th December 2010, 6:25 pm

World Natural Hair Show? When and Where?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 6th December 2010, 7:12 pm

hey yall!!

Missy C....I don't have circles but some posts cause my piercings to bleed. I find that Nickel free posts are best or gold posts.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 6th December 2010, 8:01 pm

More information can be found here ! The show will be in Atlanta
http://www.naturalhair.org/2011_show/home.html
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th December 2010, 10:52 am

Sounds interesting ... I might attend ... who else is coming

World Natural Hair Show?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 8th December 2010, 11:49 am

Here are a few of the pics of the Koils by Nature, I'm Natural Now What. She has about 170 that are on her fan wall!

Pamela Jenkins founder of Koils by Nature and I

Pamela Jenkins, My Mom, Me and Her Mom (from left to right)
All natural!! We get it from our moma's
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th December 2010, 8:48 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Naturalhoney- Girl - ZURI!!! is AMAZING!! You got some hair!!!!
Ms Vera- you hair looks good, as well!!

WOW!!!!

@Nyla, thanks for sharing pics!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 8th December 2010, 10:54 pm

Nics pics Nyla!!! And your hair looks fab!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th December 2010, 9:34 pm

The pics are great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th December 2010, 9:47 pm

Hey Y'all!

NaturalHonney...Zuri...DAMN! That's what I said when I saw it...just keepin it real! LOL Beautiful!

Nyla...those are some nice pics! Y'all get it from ya mamas! Very Happy

March 5...I'mma do my bestest to get to Vegas...I can drive there! ;-)

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 9th December 2010, 10:34 pm

Hey ladies- did I tell yall that I was able to get some 1000.00 pearls for 100! I am trying to find the link! It was something that the today show did!! They had all different colors- pink- white- black! Sweet- you are the reason that I go them!

Ryl- would love to see you in Vegas!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next