CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+41
MissyCee
Scarletjazz
Naturalandhappy
Naturally Esq
sonance
tshala
Carolina Natural
Armywife
4me2b4b
CeeC
natural one
Jem
justicenga
netta
stephelise
4bkinkicurli
Allwoman
SheeTacular
Free2Be
diamondcurls
TMS
Naturalpenny
Naturalin2010
krazy coils
Delta87
CrissyQ
new2curl
Sebastain13
savvybrown
MicaiahTy
Pinkpearls
tiashaunteƩ
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
TheRYL1
SisterBoyd
poeticlyspkng
45 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by poeticlyspkng 27th April 2010, 5:03 pm

hey ladies! Just dropping in!

@Nyla- your twists are BEAUTIFUL!!!

@Sister Boyd- I feel the same about my twists! I see others and they look cute- but not mine!! My twist outs are cool, but I too look like celie and hubby doesn't like it! And why am I excited about your "friend"?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by SisterBoyd 27th April 2010, 8:00 pm

Ok I think at the next meet up we need to start having twisting tutorials - at every meet up across the nation! ha ha haha

Thanks you guys for the encouragement to take my time. Yes, time and enjoy the moment is what I need to do.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 27th April 2010, 10:37 pm

SisterBoyd...I'm ready to make that trek across the nation for the twist tutorials! We gotta hit Mississippi, DMV, and SC for sure! Where else? LOL

poeticlyspkng...I so feel you on the "Celie" look...I'm really NOT trying to go out like that! LMBO

BBD...thank you for the comforting words! I'm praying I'll do the right thing!

I may not "speak" all the time (I'm getting better at it, though), but I check in er' day! I just have to say I love this "room" and all the sistas in it! THANK YOU! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 28th April 2010, 12:22 am

honey_ I aint mad at ya! Wipe that similac off his breath and go on 'head and date that MAN! lol

Poet- I always felt the same way! (I liked twists on other people). Then, I did them smaller. The first sets of twists that I did - I hid with a half wig, that I wore like it was a full one. lol
Sister Boyd- Now,we are going to need to hear about what you and "BIG" do! You are our Carrie- representing for Curlies in the Forum! You know like Sex in the City!!

For right now, I am a cross between Charlotte (being a hopeless romantic-) Miranda (cynical about finding love for me) and Samantha (not wanting to take anyone too serious, just enjoying SINGLEDOM).

Ryl- I know where to find you! I am getting my vote on now with the monkey!!

Sweet & BBD_ where yall at???????
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th April 2010, 12:27 am

Hey ladies, many of you are facing challenging situations. I pray that our Heavenly Father guides and leads you in His way. Take time and listen to His still small voice. Peace and Blessings to each of you.

@Nyla, I have cleansed my hair three times, I think, since I put in my twists. I gently massage my scalp and touch them very gently when applying cleanser, DC, conditioner and stylers. They are holding up pretty good.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 28th April 2010, 12:42 am

Chrs- that is more than holding up pretty good! They look amazing! Do you think you will retwist or are you going to try to keep them in longer?

I have been moisturizing my hair and each night, i wet the ends of my hair and apply the almond KBN butter.

I am going to have to try to condition them to see how that works- but Nyla is like Sasha (sweet's hair).
We get major shrinkage over here!!

Last edited by NylaCoils on 28th April 2010, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 28th April 2010, 1:46 am

Thank you for the prayer, Chrs! :-)

And Nyla...you know you too funny...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! LOL And I totally agree with you..."honey_ I aint mad at ya! Wipe that similac off his breath and go on 'head and date that MAN! lol"

Now, about hair...I've looked at enough pretty pictures...I'm gonna have to do some twists tomorrow night! Peer pressure...I can't be left out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In looking at everyone's pics, I've realized I need to put in more twists...short-cutting makes for a stank hair do!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th April 2010, 2:44 am

Nyla...Big! Too funny! Well our meeting for Wednesday is going to have to be rescheduled because his kids have a game that evening. We'll see if we can find another day this week Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 28th April 2010, 3:33 am

Ryl- I really do like the smaller twist- to me - it was worth the 2 hours it took me to do them! Now, I dont do anything but moisturize my hair and go out the door!

SIS B! - awwwww man! So, where are you and "Big" going on this date?
On the same note, did I tell yall that love must also be around the corner from me?

All my exes have contacted me this past week .

A- His name is S ...The most recent one! the one who told me that the Lord showed him the woman he was going to marry and it was NOT me! He called and guess what..It doesn't hurt to talk to him! Could have never told me this!
Yes, he is telling me he is NOW married!

B- His name is "BIG" S!! My college sweetie- EWWWW WEEE! I was crazy about him. He was a tenderoni, too- he was 19 - I was 21! At the time, I thought I was ROBBING the cradle-lol

C- His name is J ...The first guy who proposed to me - I was 26.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 28th April 2010, 3:18 pm

Thanks for the prayer Chris this too will get better with time!

@ Nyla thanks you made me laugh but I'm giving myself some time friends are ok but that's it!!

So curlies I pinned Zuri up and went to the gym, after my workout I sat in the steam room and let the stress melt away. It felt good I'm still trying to shut my mind off, how do you do that when you no longer want to think? Did I hear meditation? Nope doesn't work for me my mind will still be going. So maybe I'll post a picture with Zuri pinned up depending on how I'm feeling, right now I'm needing a nap . My twist will be my motivation for getting to the gym and leaving them in. I'll style my hair around my gym schedule. Yeah I think that will work!

OK HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!! I read through the post to quick the first time went back so this portion is and edit! lol

Nyla ALL your ex's are calling you? LOL It was you and somebody else who told me they always call back. lol This fool I'm with, was with see I don't even know gets mad at me and just stops talking to me yeah I think he will call back being we never had a damn fight before and behaved as best friends should but I don't have time for no disfunction. I want him to call just to cuss is ass out!! Jesus will have to close his ears on this one! lol

Last edited by naturalhonney on 28th April 2010, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 28th April 2010, 3:26 pm

hey honey---did you know that your entry was the 1000th post on this thread.

Take your time- You know, I am messing with ya! You know we are nosy in here! You bedda post some pics of Zuri!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 28th April 2010, 3:38 pm

@ Nyla no I didn't know! And yeah maybe I'll get myself together and post zuri. I was so carefree at the gym didn't wear a banddanna (sp) or anything.

Last edited by naturalhonney on 28th April 2010, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 28th April 2010, 3:44 pm

Yeah girl- you bedda post some pics for us!!I am loving my twists!!! Dont know why I didnt do this sooner!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 28th April 2010, 4:57 pm

Ok here are the pic's of Zuri pinned up its our first time being pinned up so bare with us. Anybody else wish they had eyes in back of their head!! I hate doing the back oh how I struggle so! lol She's a lil frizzy from my workout but I think this is gym worthy and I actually like it pinned up I will wear this out just for everyday running around. Twisting is the TRUTH!! I love it, not the work but the style!! I applied gel to the edges what the heck happened! lol Not to worry I will perfect my technique.

naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th April 2010, 5:42 pm

Nyla, girl your phone is just a ringing! Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 28th April 2010, 7:15 pm

Honey- WOrk it girl!!!! I am loving the twists!!

Sis B!!! OK!! - But I want MR NEXT to call, not MR EX!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th April 2010, 11:18 pm

Woooo Weee I miss a day and good gravy I missed a lot.

RYL & Nyla my prayers are with you. I have no doubts that HE will guide you to the right decision.

UHM Sis B I love giddy!! I pray I am never to old to feel giddy...enjoy every minute and take your time.

Hey Honney!!!

BBD & Chrs you ladies know I LOVE dat hair.

Oh Nyla those twist look great, I love how you have them pinned back! Awesome!!! and these 3 menz chileee work it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 28th April 2010, 11:44 pm

Sweet - i was wondering when you were going to check in! How are you feeling???

Yall, I saw the cutest shirt on facebook. I am thinking of getting this!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th April 2010, 11:52 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Chrs- that is more than holding up pretty good! They look amazing! Do you think you will retwist or are you going to try to keep them in longer?

I have been moisturizing my hair and each night, i wet the ends of my hair and apply the almond KBN butter.

I am going to have to try to condition them to see how that works- but Nyla is like Sasha (sweet's hair).
We get major shrinkage over here!!
I do not plan to retwist anything this weekend. I may make the twists from the front (the loose part) smaller to match the other twists. I plan to cleanse again tomorrow after Zumba to keep the itchies at bay. I may retwist next weekend--bigger ones though.

NylaCoils wrote:Sweet - i was wondering when you were going to check in! How are you feeling???

the shirt. Please do tell where we can get one, please!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th April 2010, 11:54 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Sweet - i was wondering when you were going to check in! How are you feeling???

OOOO I want one!!!
Where did you see this on facebook? I want one!!

Nyla I am good, I took a half day and am truly thinking about staying home tmrw too! I have the time, but what I do not have it patience!! I can't take much more.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 29th April 2010, 12:07 am

Spill the beans Nyla I want that shirt!!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 29th April 2010, 12:17 am

Join the group Natural Gathering and the girls name is Shannon Rivers - she just posted a picture of this!

Went shopping with a friend today. My ex, did I tell yall was a preacher- you know the one who told me the Lord showed him the woman, he was to marry and I was NOT her!

Anyway, for the longest, I have always thought- even before meeting him that my husband would be a man of the cloth.

So, here I am trying on my FIRST LADY HAT! You know, this is how we do in the SOUTH!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th April 2010, 12:27 am

Nyla, that is too funny! I have a hat similiar to that one. And I have seen that one before ha haha ha. Now see I didn't think you could wear hats...church hats with natural hair. Learn something new every day. Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th April 2010, 12:39 am

LOL @ Nyla!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th April 2010, 12:39 am

Honney I like the new Avatar!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next