CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biotin by Nature's Gate

+3
tiffanydawn
judik
Just Me
7 posters

Go down

Biotin by Nature's Gate Empty Biotin by Nature's Gate

Post by Just Me 25th April 2010, 12:05 am

Good day Ladies,

I have been natural since 01'. I have 3b hair.
I hated my curls for a long time because I have always had LONG hair. Talk about Tangled and my mother not knowing what to do with it.

Then one day I started doing my own hair, my hair was breaking and falling off and my curls were not were they should be from the continual straightening. It took 5yrs for my curls to regain its pattern and for me to properly learn how to grow my hair and fortify my hair...still a learning process but eh!

So one day I could not take my "lower back" length hair anymore, and just chopped it all off to my shoulders! I needed to start over, then I got tired and wanted long hair again
So I began using Biotin by Nature's Gate--the conditioner and shampoo..I am biased about which Biotin products to use, because all claim to work...but the one by nature's gate, if used consecutively, makes the hair grow very quick----quicker than the other biotin products I have used.

One summer of using this (3 months) my hair went from 22inches to 28incles---that's a lot in 3 months, so I continued and have been hooked ever since.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ladies,
no matter what products I switch up between, Biotin Conditioner and Shampoo by Nature's Gate is the first thing I put on my hair and then I use whatever else I need to detangle and strengthen my hair.

So If you have never tried it , I say give it a look over, you may like it.
I cant say it works for everyone, but it worked for me and my friends.
My ex-girlfriend also loves it because she had a "mini" bald patch forming and this product helped her restore her hair loss and has been hooked ever since. I would say she would have 4a hair, but relaxed.
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Biotin by Nature's Gate Empty Re: Biotin by Nature's Gate

Post by judik 25th April 2010, 2:37 am

Where did you purchase it? Is the shampoo sulfate free?
judik
judik

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me 25th April 2010, 3:00 pm

I bought this from my local health food store. It is sulfate free.
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffanydawn 8th June 2010, 1:16 am

are you still using this? and about how much growth do you think you have had since your posting?
tiffanydawn
tiffanydawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me 9th June 2010, 8:08 pm

Well I have been using this since 2001---i was just recommending it to all that wanto get longer hair.

The hotter months are when my hair grows as its fastest, so from the time I posted it has grown 5 inches.
But I have been going through some stress, so my hair has been breaking off--which took away 3 or those inches in certain areas of my head.

Now that my stress is over, It will have to start growing again.

Biotin is great! I love it.
Just Me
Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 9th June 2010, 10:40 pm

Any pictures showing the growth?
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffanydawn 9th June 2010, 11:56 pm

Just Me wrote:Well I have been using this since 2001---i was just recommending it to all that wanto get longer hair.

The hotter months are when my hair grows as its fastest, so from the time I posted it has grown 5 inches.
But I have been going through some stress, so my hair has been breaking off--which took away 3 or those inches in certain areas of my head.

Now that my stress is over, It will have to start growing again.

Biotin is great! I love it.

well so far I love it!! I saw your posting last week and went out a bought it!! I totally understand I just cut my hair really short recently becuase it was breaking. I live in a really!!! dry climate so I think that was part of it, and not adjusting my products according to the seasons... but since cutting it I'm not feeling it curly at this length so I'm going to be growing it back out!!

good luck with your growth! thanks for sharing your product knowledge!!
tiffanydawn
tiffanydawn

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyInspired 22nd July 2010, 4:13 am

Hey Just Me I went out and bought the product and I think it's ok so far. Do u reccomend it as a leave in or detangler? and how often do you wash your hair. I'm transitioning and I have short hair with relaxed ends. I NEED HELP!
NaturallyInspired
NaturallyInspired

http://futuremillionairessdiaries.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingDee 27th July 2010, 2:45 am

Is this shampoo and conditioner only found in health food stores? and is there other brands with Biotin in it?

I've been taking the vitamin biotin pill and I love it but until this thread, I had no idea there were hair products with biotin. My PJism is bouncing off the walls! LOL
DancingDee
DancingDee

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyInspired 29th July 2010, 12:11 pm

Hey Curlies,

I'm new to the natural/organic product world. These are the ingredients of the Conditioner. Is this considered organic and if not then why?

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Biotin, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Panthenol, Cysteine, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Arginine, Serine, Threonine, Inositol, Folic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Viola Tricolor (Wild Pansy) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

Thank you!
NaturallyInspired
NaturallyInspired

http://futuremillionairessdiaries.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AmariC05 29th July 2010, 12:39 pm

NaturallyInspired wrote:Hey Curlies,

I'm new to the natural/organic product world. These are the ingredients of the Conditioner. Is this considered organic and if not then why?

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Biotin, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Panthenol, Cysteine, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Arginine, Serine, Threonine, Inositol, Folic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Viola Tricolor (Wild Pansy) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

Thank you!

Wassup with Cetyl Alcohol? This is the second ingredient in alot of shampoos and conditioners. The word Alcohol scares me, because I think about how drying Alcohol can be to my skin. This is what I found on it:

If they are derived from plants, Cetearyl, Cetyl, Isostearyl, Myristyl and Behenyl Alcohols may be used in cosmetics and personal care products...Cetearyl, Cetyl, Isostearyl, Myristyl and Behenyl alcohols are fatty alcohols. They are produced from natural fats and oils by reduction of the fatty acid carboxyl group (-COOH) to the hydroxyl (-OH) function.

If they are derived from plants, Cetearyl, Cetyl, Isostearyl, Myristyl and Behenyl Alcohols may be used in cosmetics and personal care products.

I'm still not sure if this is good for my hair or not. Any suggestions ladies???
AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingDee 29th July 2010, 1:45 pm

NaturallyInspired wrote:Hey Curlies,

Thank you!

Yes there are several alcohols that can dry out your hair but their are also some that are actually good for it. Looking at your conditioner's ingredients...it seems like a good product.

Here's a list of all good and bad alcohols:

Bad:
-Ethanol
-alcohol denat (mostly in hairspray)
-propanol, propyl alcohol
-isopropyl alcohol.

Good:
-Lauryl alcohol
-cetyl alcohol (in most moisturizing shampoos and conditioners)
-stearyl alcohol,
-cetearyl alcohol
-behenyl alcohol
DancingDee
DancingDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down