CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Blood Season Three...WAITING SUCKS

+8
Neems
ktoliver5303
cherece
sweetdrk1
HAMPTONSFNST
NylaCoils
tiashaunteé
E'Lise
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

True Blood Season Three...WAITING SUCKS Empty True Blood Season Three...WAITING SUCKS

Post by E'Lise 24th April 2010, 11:13 pm

Hi,

My name is E'Lise and I am a True Blood Addict. LOL.

My story: I started to read the Southern Vampire Mys. while still in HS and was shocked and excited when I heard they will be making a series based off of the books but I was upset because it was on HBO and I didn't have it. So I just chalked it up as one of those things that couldn't happen. Fast-Foward to the opening of Season Two,I became close friends with a girl who loved werewolves, rock music...and had HBO!! Needless to say I quickly asked to watch it at her house to curb my curriousity. Sadly I got bite by the "vampire bug" that has been flowing around since Twilight(DON'T even ask me about THAT series, another post and another time.lol) and was literally running to her house five seconds before it came on...from five blocks away.LOL!

So the reason I made this post is to keep me from going insane in waiting for the next season which comes out in June. I wanted to know if any other nautrals read the series or watched the tv show. Also your thoughts on what you think will happen in season three.

Hopes that she isn't alone in her TB addiction
E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

True Blood Season Three...WAITING SUCKS Empty Re: True Blood Season Three...WAITING SUCKS

Post by tiashaunteé 24th April 2010, 11:22 pm

You are not alone. I screamed "YES!" when I saw the commercial come on after Treme went off. June 13....I can't wait!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

True Blood Season Three...WAITING SUCKS Empty Re: True Blood Season Three...WAITING SUCKS

Post by E'Lise 24th April 2010, 11:49 pm

tiashauntee- Now are you talking about the mini series or the season three..both I can't wait for.
-E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 25th April 2010, 1:00 am

I am soooo addicted. My mom and I got into it because I was late getting home to watch it! Thank god for on demand!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 25th April 2010, 1:08 am

E'Lise wrote:tiashauntee- Now are you talking about the mini series or the season three..both I can't wait for.
-E'Lise

Say what? Am I missing something? I'm talking about the start of season 3
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 25th April 2010, 1:13 am

tiashauntee-There is a mini series coming out next week and here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI7n5z4Q2g0.
It will help with my addiction and there have been teasers for the last few weeks.
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 25th April 2010, 1:15 am

NylaCoils wrote:I am soooo addicted. My mom and I got into it because I was late getting home to watch it! Thank god for on demand!!

I WISH I could do on demand but I'm a college student sooo I have to save my money. I am glad that my friend back in my hometown has it AND my school has HBO..lol.

Who is your favorite ? And why?
-E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 26th April 2010, 11:52 am

I will definitely be tuning in yet I will miss Eggs. He was so scrumptious to look at.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th April 2010, 11:54 am

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:I will definitely be tuning in yet I will miss Eggs. He was so scrumptious to look at.

I hate that they killed Eggs! Tara need that love and he added to the mysteries in the show.

I just hope that the series does not start identically following the books - some of it was just plain weird.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 26th April 2010, 5:19 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
HAMPTONSFNST wrote:I will definitely be tuning in yet I will miss Eggs. He was so scrumptious to look at.

I hate that they killed Eggs! Tara need that love and he added to the mysteries in the show.

I just hope that the series does not start identically following the books - some of it was just plain weird.

How was the book weird ? It didn't seem like it too me and Alan Ball said season three would be a loose interpretation of the third book.

E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th April 2010, 5:23 pm

E'Lise wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

How was the book weird ? It didn't seem like it too me and Alan Ball said season three would be a loose interpretation of the third book.

E'Lise

The fairy fight made it a little strange and all the extras with witches and wares....it was a lot going on. I expected something strange but I didn't think they would go that far.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 26th April 2010, 5:26 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
E'Lise wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

E'Lise

The fairy fight made it a little strange and all the extras with witches and wares....it was a lot going on. I expected something strange but I didn't think they would go that far.

Now I agree the fairy war was a bit much even if it relates to Sookie but I really like the witch war because of how Eric was. I need to put the new book on my Summer Reading list but I am afraid of what the author has cooked up now. lol
E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th April 2010, 5:34 pm

E'Lise wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
E'Lise wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

E'Lise

Now I agree the fairy war was a bit much even if it relates to Sookie but I really like the witch war because of how Eric was. I need to put the new book on my Summer Reading list but I am afraid of what the author has cooked up now. lol
E'Lise

Yes the witch war was awesome. I could just see it as it happened - it was so descriptive.

There is a new book? What's the name of it?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 26th April 2010, 5:41 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
E'Lise wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
E'Lise wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

E'Lise

E'Lise

Yes the witch war was awesome. I could just see it as it happened - it was so descriptive.

There is a new book? What's the name of it?

Dead in the Family and here is a link to the author's site for a sneak peak of the first chapter:http://www.charlaineharris.com/DITFChpt1.pdf

Even though I REALLY don't like the Sookie in the series much I have to try to give her some slack because she is in her first relationship and they say love is blind.
E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th April 2010, 11:46 pm

O M G!!! Can I tell you I live and die for True Blood. I actually enjoyed the fairies in the book, I didn't like HBO's version. I am headed to read the first chapter of Dead in the Family right now!!! dance I am happy I have some where to talk vamp!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st May 2010, 12:12 am

OMG E'lise I love you! I just read the first chapter and the book goes on sale May 4th. I am so at BN that day. Now do I read it or get the audio and listen from my ipod?? *running to itunes* to see if I can preorder!! woot!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 1st May 2010, 1:43 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:OMG E'lise I love you! I just read the first chapter and the book goes on sale May 4th. I am so at BN that day. Now do I read it or get the audio and listen from my ipod?? *running to itunes* to see if I can preorder!! woot!

LOL! I am glad you can talk vamp with me cause this wait is going to kill me. I won't be able to read the book untill I get out of school in mid May. Also if you are an Eric fan then check out the mini shows showing on May 2
-E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 1st May 2010, 11:22 am

I read the first chapter of Dead in the Family......I can't wait!! I know I will be done with the entire book in less than two days.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by cherece 3rd May 2010, 2:15 pm

I have not read the books yet, but I totally love the series on HBO. I even have my boyfriend watching with me . He asks me every other week when season 3 is coming (He's almost as excited as I am).
I have several friends who told me not to read the books because the TV show is so much better, so I haven't read the books. What do you ladies think, is the TV series better than the books?

cherece

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd May 2010, 2:30 pm

I agree...the show is so much better than the books.

However, if you read the books it won't spoil the show for you because there are so many differences
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 3rd May 2010, 2:38 pm

cherece wrote:I have not read the books yet, but I totally love the series on HBO. I even have my boyfriend watching with me . He asks me every other week when season 3 is coming (He's almost as excited as I am).
I have several friends who told me not to read the books because the TV show is so much better, so I haven't read the books. What do you ladies think, is the TV series better than the books?

I love the book series and the tv series for two different reasonss. I love that I get to see everyone different points of view in the tv series and it helps having yummy guys..I mean vampires(Eric). While I didn't like the last book as much, there are certain qualities in the books I do enjoy.

-E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by cherece 3rd May 2010, 3:57 pm

Thanks for the input ladies.

cherece

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th May 2010, 12:20 pm

my book is downloading right NOW!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I will be taking the long way home so I can listen! hahahahaaaaaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th May 2010, 12:21 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:my book is downloading right NOW!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I will be taking the long way home so I can listen! hahahahaaaaaa

I need to stop by the book store!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 4th May 2010, 1:14 pm

I am soo jealious
E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next