CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie in Hopes of Finding a Big Sis! =D

2 posters

Go down

Newbie in Hopes of Finding a Big Sis! =D Empty Newbie in Hopes of Finding a Big Sis! =D

Post by hopefulcurls 20th April 2010, 2:25 am

Hello! I just recently BC'd after transitioning for 7 months. My last relaxer was August 27,2009 and my BC was done April 2nd! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am very pleased with my choice, but I need a little help and guidance with maintaining moisture, and with products that may be better for me to try. I would love to have a big sister that would shine her light and hair wisdom my way. I am rocking my TWA, but I just need a little help with keeping it up!

Another thing...my BF absolutely hates my hair, and I was just wondering if anyone had some advice to give me on that situation. He is just so use to the straight, long hair that he can't wrap his mind around my TWA! I mean, I would make the same choice if I had to do it all over, but am I alone with this one??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Newbie in Hopes of Finding a Big Sis! =D Empty Re: Newbie in Hopes of Finding a Big Sis! =D

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd September 2010, 7:32 pm

First off water is now and forever more ure best frend. Youre lucky becuz u have a twa which means u cud if u wanted to wet ure hair daily. I like to maintain moisture by leaving in a little conditioner (HEHH) after I have finished washing my hair. My hair seems to love the thickness of it but a normal leave in will and should suffice. after that i apply my whipped shea butter which is a mixture of shea, olive oil, jojoba oil, and castor oil. This helps to seal in the moisture. An oil can also be used for this stage but i prefer shea as it is not oily and i find it easier to work with. Throughout the week i love to dampen my hair and reapply my shea butter and SEAL MY ENDS.
Its so important that we seal our ends to prevent them from getting dry and brittle and breaking off.

As for the bf he shud cum around. If he loves you for you and not your looks then he will. Besides your BEAUTIFUL and he knws it. And if hes taking just a little to long to come around remind him of how being natural will benefit your relationship:
-No weave or hair dos that took you a whole day in a salon to get just right so he'll be bale to run his fingers through your hair
-no more running from water
-and best of all hell be able to grab ure hair during those, shall i say, intimate moments Very Happy

but best of luck bbe
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Newbie in Hopes of Finding a Big Sis! =D Empty Re: Newbie in Hopes of Finding a Big Sis! =D

Post by hopefulcurls 26th October 2010, 1:42 am

Thanks so much for your reply! I BC'd in April and never really got a response. I think this was my 3rd or 4th post in hopes of finding a natural big sis...I deleted the others since no one responded. Idk if there are alot of visitors in this area of the site--so I like to think that was the reason no one responded. I am now 6 months+ post & I like to think that I am getting it together. lol! I don't think my hair is as dry anymore, but I am not sure if it is at it's highest potential of being moisturized either. scratch I am still not sure on the hair type thing either! Now that my hair has grown I have a better idea, but I am still not all that sure. I am always viewing the hair typing systems i.e. Naturally Curly's and LOIS, but I am still not sure. I may have 3c/4a type hair. Some products I use are: sulfate free shampoo when I need it (Elasta QP Moisturizing); organic unrefined shea butter, EVOO, organic EVCO;I co wash with either HEHH, VO5 Moisture Milk, or Suave; and I DC with olive oil or aloe vera lustra silk cholesterol, Sally's generic Bio Matrix conditioning balm (all mixed with honey & sometimes oil.) I have really been into protective styling lately--it saves me time in the AM and keeps me out of my hair. I do need to get a moisturizer for in between time and a cream styler. I usually style with ORS twist and lock gel to do my twists.

Sorry for so much at once! I've been holding this all in for a while.

P.S. My BF came around! woot!
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulcurls 26th October 2010, 1:45 am

Oh and I use Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Laughing
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 8:53 am

Yahh!! You gotta love a success story. And I"m glad you stuck with it even with very little support. If there is ever anything you need just buzz.

So far I'm loving your regimen keep it up and I'll see if I can come up with a solution to your dry hair problem.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulcurls 26th October 2010, 6:22 pm

Okay. Will do! Thanks!
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down