CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are wash and go's for all hair types?

+18
renren
BrownSkinDiva
kbelle
blondie
SimplyMoi
fnggrant
KeepingitKurly
Free2Be
cassadie3
sweetdrk1
kinksncurls
jcanalena79
A-Felice
DreamMerchant
Napstrong
ChrsLvsBks
NhappyJackie
TriniCherryPrincess
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Are wash and go's for all hair types? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are wash and go's for all hair types?

Post by blondie 26th June 2010, 7:26 pm

I think "perfect w-n-gs" depend on the person and what they're looking for. I personally have two, more defined and wilder. I have to work with the wilder, because my hair is naturally defined and unfortunately, no volume! Sad

My wild wash and go, this was about 8 or 10 days in..loved it!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the more defined, but still has volume, this was about 4 or 5 days old..love this one too! Smile

Last edited by blondie on 26th June 2010, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added age of 2nd 'do)
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Are wash and go's for all hair types? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are wash and go's for all hair types?

Post by patmichele 26th June 2010, 7:31 pm

8-10 days????? Wow! do you mind sharing what you use and how you make it last sooooo long?
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 26th June 2010, 8:00 pm

patmichele wrote:8-10 days????? Wow! do you mind sharing what you use and how you make it last sooooo long?
I second that!
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 26th June 2010, 8:36 pm

patmichele wrote:8-10 days????? Wow! do you mind sharing what you use and how you make it last sooooo long?

TriniCherryPrincess wrote:
I second that!

My wngs always look better the older they look. I usually wash because I just can't take it anymore, not because my hair needs to be redone!

I use all kinds of stuff, but my base styler is Elasta QP Feels Like Silk. My beloved FLS..'scuse me, I need a moment... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lawd, I love that stuff! Anyhoo, my best updos are ooooold wngs. I won't say how old these were (I was being triflin') but I just couldn't bring myself to wash it! Suffice to say it was over 14 days! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 27th June 2010, 4:45 pm

Woooow, all that with a wng.
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 27th June 2010, 4:50 pm

I've been natural for over 5 years and never worn anything but a wash and go! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 27th June 2010, 9:07 pm

Blondie,
How much growth have you had in those yrs? Have you experienced any damage from your wngs? What technique do you use? Your curls are so well defined!
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 28th June 2010, 12:25 am

patmichele wrote:Blondie,
How much growth have you had in those yrs? Have you experienced any damage from your wngs? What technique do you use? Your curls are so well defined!

My hair grows really fast, but I'be BCd twice in this time and had 2 major haircuts. I did some measuring, if I hadn't been so scissor happy it would have been waaaaay below bra length! And yes, I chopped my hair off in the back a few months ago! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It's coming back fast though..I gotta step away from the scissors!

I've had absolutely no damage from the wngs. I have a loose curl pattern, so my hair doesn't tangle up on itself so for me, wngs are a kind of protective style because it's minimum manipulation.

I've been asked this before, but I really don't have a technique. I just slap in the stuff and go!

I will say that I learned early that a strict haircare routine is the key to making the most of your curl pattern. I gotta keep my hair moisturized, protected, no silicones, mineral oil, petrolatum, heat, and use quality hair products.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3