CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACV Rinse Help :)

+2
ktoliver5303
JNelly
6 posters

Go down

ACV Rinse Help :) Empty ACV Rinse Help :)

Post by JNelly 16th April 2010, 1:54 am

Hey ladies,

This question is to all the ladies that have done an acv rinse before. What was your process? Did you do the rinsing in the shower? I normally wash my hair in the sink , would the rinse work that way? I am currently transitioning, is it safe with the two textures? I am sorry for all the questions, but I am dying to try it and I need some guidance.
JNelly
JNelly

Back to top Go down

ACV Rinse Help :) Empty Re: ACV Rinse Help :)

Post by ktoliver5303 16th April 2010, 5:49 am

I never did it until I BCd but when I did I Conditioned my hair, water rinse, shampoo, water rinse, condition, water rinse, ACV rinse ( only used two cap fulls to 1.5 liter bottle water). Then leave in and my hair felt GREAT! I am lazy and I do all of this in the shower. I did rinse in the sink once because the hot water ran out again, and it did not make a difference.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 16th April 2010, 9:50 am

I just did my second one yesterday Smile I didn't do it in the shower (I don't wash my hair the shower these days) after I pre-washed and co-washed, I had my ACV rinse in a spray bottle and I went through and finger parted my hair and sprayed the mixture on and rubbed it in and through my hair and went through all of my hair like that. Then I massaged it on my scalp for about 5 minutes and rinsed it out with cool water.

I think even if I did it in the shower, I'd use the spray bottle, it just made it so much easier and it kept my hair from getting tangled because I went through and finger combed each little section.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th April 2010, 10:16 am

I do ACV rinses after clarifying. I add three tablespoons of ACV to cold water. I have only done it in the sink. I clarify then immediately pour the mix over my head from front to back (kinda lean back over the sink). I then DC. I have also just added my moisturizer/styler and oil. There is a smell but it does not linger. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HairKandi 16th April 2010, 12:20 pm

Can someone please tell me what ACV is and stands for?
HairKandi
HairKandi

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 16th April 2010, 12:21 pm

It's apple cider vinegar Smile
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by JNelly 16th April 2010, 12:46 pm

Thanks ladies you have been very helpful. I also read somewhere where they put their sloution in a basin pour the water over their heads and kind of swish their hair around in the solution. I think I may try that method or the spray bottle method Smile
JNelly
JNelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down