CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring/Summer Hair Routine

+2
tiashaunteé
MicaiahTy
6 posters

Go down

Spring/Summer Hair Routine Empty Spring/Summer Hair Routine

Post by MicaiahTy 15th April 2010, 2:29 pm

Hello Everyone..

This is officially my 2nd Spring/Summer with natural hair.. It is officially my 1st Spring/Summer is longer natural hair, and i have to tell ya, so far it has been a hot mess trying to find products to fight Houston's humidity.

Anyone know of any products or have any hair routines to do to fight humidity? Right now i am using the tightly curly method...(conditioner only)

My hair looks like a tumbleweed...

9-1-1 Natural Sista Down!! Thanks in advance.

MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

https://www.youtube.com/micaiahty

Back to top Go down

Spring/Summer Hair Routine Empty Re: Spring/Summer Hair Routine

Post by tiashaunteé 15th April 2010, 2:40 pm

That is a great question. I love humidity so I never try to fight it. I am looking forward to learning something new with the posts for your question
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th April 2010, 4:43 pm

MicaiahTy wrote:Hello Everyone..

This is officially my 2nd Spring/Summer with natural hair.. It is officially my 1st Spring/Summer is longer natural hair, and i have to tell ya, so far it has been a hot mess trying to find products to fight Houston's humidity.

Anyone know of any products or have any hair routines to do to fight humidity? Right now i am using the tightly curly method...(conditioner only)

My hair looks like a tumbleweed...

9-1-1 Natural Sista Down!! Thanks in advance.

MicaiahTy

lol!

I'm from Houston and I love this post!! Just within the last two weeks I noticed some interesting things going on with my curls. I can feel the atmosphere in my hair for real!!!

I hope someone can give us both some advice/tips, but what is helping somewhat is the styling gel I'm currently using...MiraCurl!! However, even with the MiraCurl I seem to feel my hair trying to revert!! I thought it was my imagination last weekend, but now that you posted this it all makes sense!!!

My curls are still defined using MiralCurl as long as I don't stay outside too long!!! lol!

Sorry I don't have the answer, but this will be my first spring/summer 100% natural!! Very Happy

So....just giving some relief until the paramedics get here. Hold on girl......stay with me!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by MicaiahTy 30th April 2010, 5:08 pm

Oh wow I will need to try that. My problem is I twist my hair at night, oil my ends. Untwist in the morning. Hair looks so fly. The minute I go out side just to get into my car, by the time I get to work my hair has shrunk and looks like it is wet and I just got out the shower. By the time its lunch time it is looking better than it did that morning. Its bigger fluffier and curly. When I get back into my car to go home there it is again the wet hair puppy been out in the rain look.

I call it my dr jeckle and mr hyde hair. Can somebody out there testify? My hair is crazy. But I love it.
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

https://www.youtube.com/micaiahty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChick 15th May 2010, 11:17 pm

Hey MicaihTy,

I just got on line to maybe ask this same question. I live in Atlanta and the humidity has just kicked in here as well! Laughing I style similar to you with twisting. My problem is my hair just starts swelling from the roots and begins to frizz. Last summer i was doing a wash-n- go with Miss Jessie's products, but i have stopped using those and I just bought Kinky-Curly Custard and thought I would try that now that it is more enough to let my hair air dry. I will be waiting with you for some advice on the humidity but I see you posted this question nearly a month ago already! I know there are humectant products but are you suppose to use them with humidity or not? I have no idea what they do. Can anybody offer some advice?
CurlyChick
CurlyChick

http://www.chichichick.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 16th May 2010, 12:40 am

There is practically no humidity here, but this is the link to some information that I found on this site: http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/humidity-and-natural-hair-t172.htm?highlight=humidity

I hope it helps.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChick 16th May 2010, 12:49 am

Thank you NE, I just found this link myself! Wow, the links inside about dewpoint and humidity are making my head hurt. Too much to comprehend. Very Happy

Lucky you, no humidity. The worst is still to come here! Sad
Thanks again!
CurlyChick
CurlyChick

http://www.chichichick.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 16th May 2010, 8:34 am

humidity...I'm discovering the true meaning of that word!!

What has helped me is wearing a scarf when I walk out the house. I wrap my head up like it is winter!! Then I walk to the car, and up wrap in teh car. then i wrap it again when I get to wear I am going, and wear the wrap until I get inside. I went shopping for more scarfs yesterday!! winter scarfs are on sale now since most people don't need them right now! it's not as humid here as in atlanta, not yet. i'm hoping this continues to work.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down