CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comments you hate!!!

+35
KeetaRay
mommydiva
~JOME~
AimWard
Starlight
iri9109
Nikcoils
C.
BrownSkinDiva
deeply_rooted_chick
CurlsGalore
DvaAuNaturel
MellowOne
hurjurnee
WhenWeWereQueens
Cherry: extraordinary!
Curly_Aquarius
MsJay1121
Karyn
TMS
Lynnieluve
DreamMerchant
Juices-n-Berries
Nessa101
naturallydestined
Deva_87
PanaR3dd
Free2Be
sweetdrk1
Curliana
envizionj
Furlie
snappynappy
LadyMika
natural813
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Comments you hate!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Comments you hate!!!

Post by WhenWeWereQueens 13th April 2010, 4:51 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:I have a twa and i got hit with "you have the right shaped head for it" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] what? lol (in my head: so people are going around judging head shapes now?)

yes! my lil sister (13 yrs old) is always talkin about the shape of somebodys head. its so small, its too big...it is so annoying! wth does a perfect head look like?
WhenWeWereQueens
WhenWeWereQueens

https://www.youtube.com/SoSupaStarry

Back to top Go down

Post by hurjurnee 13th April 2010, 7:18 pm

'If I had hair like yours, I'd go natural, too.'

or

The comment that one of the managers at my office made yesterday...'You got your hair done.' She was smiling like she had paid me a compliment. I was just wearing a TNC, care of curlynikki...I just responded, 'No, I did it myself, thanks.' Why do people think that a fro, puff, or WnG mean you 'need your hair done', whatever that means, but a more refined, smoother look must mean you had a professional in your head???
hurjurnee
hurjurnee

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 13th April 2010, 9:42 pm

I don't like when ppl say "Your hair is never going to be long again".

With the "you have the right shaped head" comments, I would have said that before I did the BC. I would have said that I didn't have the right shaped head lol. That is just the pressures of society making us think we have to be a certain way. Now I do look a little side ways when I hear it because I'm like uh what kind of head you suppose to have [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 13th April 2010, 9:44 pm

Lol so people DO look at head shapes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 13th April 2010, 10:15 pm

I don't like when people say I could never wear my hair like that; you're brave; what do you have in your hair; or I didn't know you had hair like that.

My response is how do you know you can't wear your hair like that if you haven't tried. What is so brave about wearing the hair that God gave you?

Why do people assume you are wearing something in your hair. I was at a meeting and some people I hadn't seen in awhile asked, "what do you have in your hair?" They just assume I'm using something to alter my hair texture. They were incredulous and did not believe that it was my natural hair. After several more questions and more conversation I told them about the Kinky Curly products that I had used that day. It was all very interesting.

People sometimes do not have a censor or think about what they say before saying it. Use your on/off switch people....geesh.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 13th April 2010, 10:22 pm

One comment that stands out for me was, "So, is this some kind of phase you're going through?" Now that I have a little length, everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon, too! Go figure!

I also get that "it fits your face" comment, too.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 13th April 2010, 10:30 pm

omg yall the comment i got today takes the cake for comments i hate..so this guy has never seen my natural hair because i been doing protective styles on and off and he always sees me when im on...so he saw my natural hair and said to me and i quote"YOU DONT HAVE REGULAR BLACK PEOPLE HAIR".. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] WTF IS REGULAR BLACK PEOPLE HAIR?DO YALL KNOW?i had to give him the side eye like seriously...
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 13th April 2010, 10:49 pm

PanaR3dd wrote:omg yall the comment i got today takes the cake for comments i hate..so this guy has never seen my natural hair because i been doing protective styles on and off and he always sees me when im on...so he saw my natural hair and said to me and i quote"YOU DONT HAVE REGULAR BLACK PEOPLE HAIR".. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] WTF IS REGULAR BLACK PEOPLE HAIR?DO YALL KNOW?i had to give him the side eye like seriously...

Like I said, no censor....ppl are a trip! I'm sure you were looking like WTH?!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 13th April 2010, 10:55 pm

PanaR3dd wrote:omg yall the comment i got today takes the cake for comments i hate..so this guy has never seen my natural hair because i been doing protective styles on and off and he always sees me when im on...so he saw my natural hair and said to me and i quote"YOU DONT HAVE REGULAR BLACK PEOPLE HAIR".. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] WTF IS REGULAR BLACK PEOPLE HAIR?DO YALL KNOW?i had to give him the side eye like seriously...

oh wow lol its so funny to me how black people dont know what "black hair" actually looks like. My brother (who has had cornrows til age 6 [now almost 9]) asked why i had curly hair . . . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . "because im black" "black people have curly hair?!?". . . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 14th April 2010, 9:19 am

Do people even THINK before they open their mouths anymore?? WTF!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 14th April 2010, 10:40 am

The only one that has stuck wit me is when I blew out my afro for the first time. I was all dressed up and feeling good about my hair that I saw a girl on my floor and asked her "What do u think of me afro?!". This girl Egyptian and has 1b maybe around 2 type hair. She looks at the fro and hestitates "...it looks....interesting." That didnt ruin my day but I had to laugh when she saw my hair after a twist out. I didnt ask her for a comment this time but she exclaims "OMG I love your hair." Mhm....watever.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 14th April 2010, 11:39 am

My mom and grandma and aunts all have really wavy hair, no curls just long wavy hair...so sometimes my friends will say things like "why dont you have hair like your moms?" referring to her hair being of a "good" grade and mine not.....it gets on my nerves at times, but God isnt thru with me yet lol....Hes making me stronger cuz at times i wanna curse people out for making comments like that!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 14th April 2010, 12:07 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:My mom and grandma and aunts all have really wavy hair, no curls just long wavy hair...so sometimes my friends will say things like "why dont you have hair like your moms?" referring to her hair being of a "good" grade and mine not.....it gets on my nerves at times, but God isnt thru with me yet lol....Hes making me stronger cuz at times i wanna curse people out for making comments like that!!

Im so with you on this one. My moms side of the family has 3 type hair and I get this all the time. You made me think of another one that was really bad.

So this guy I was dating said " Your sister is dark skinned with good hair, how are you light skinned with nappy hair". Now I was young and my mind was not in the right mind set. Although I was offended by the comment if I am not mistaken I said "I know right". Now that is a trip, but I have grown and can laugh at myself.

Its great that some of us grew up with strong role models that would never let us think less of ourselves but for the rest society has messed us up. I try not to go to hard on myself and others for silly comments because we truly don't know any better. When we wake up and find our senses, its only for us to educate those that make such negative comments. Or if not just keep it moving at the least [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 14th April 2010, 12:11 pm

MellowOne wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:My mom and grandma and aunts all have really wavy hair, no curls just long wavy hair...so sometimes my friends will say things like "why dont you have hair like your moms?" referring to her hair being of a "good" grade and mine not.....it gets on my nerves at times, but God isnt thru with me yet lol....Hes making me stronger cuz at times i wanna curse people out for making comments like that!!

Its great that some of us grew up with strong role models that would never let us think less of ourselves but for the rest society has messed us up. I try not to go to hard on myself and others for silly comments because we truly don't know any better. When we wake up and find our senses, its only for us to educate those that make such negative comments. Or if not just keep it moving at the least [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Youre very right!

BTW, I love your BC honey, that profile pic is fierce!!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 14th April 2010, 12:21 pm

Thank You [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 14th April 2010, 12:28 pm

oh wow lol its so funny to me how black people dont know what "black hair" actually looks like. My brother (who has had cornrows til age 6 [now almost 9]) asked why i had curly hair . . . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . "because im black" "black people have curly hair?!?". . . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]

wow, thats crazy. my little brother said the same thing to me when he first saw my hair. He was like. "umm why is it curly?" i was like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "because TJ, I'm black and thats what black hair does.." but the surprising thing is my brother is 19 years old not 9!!!, so that really threw me for a loop when he asked me that..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th April 2010, 5:12 pm

what really irked me was when i decided to wear my hair with no heat this year. Hubby loves it...but i went to visit my grandma after church and she said what WRONG with your hair it looks better straight. And then my grandfather chimed in I'm glad I don't have to wake up to that nappy head, and I responded I'm glad I don't have to please you either! I am happy with it and my hubby adores it so there [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] He response well I'm glad he's happy with it.

Here's the kicker my grandma is talking about growing out her perm. and she has BC'd before because her hair broke off and was damaged due to dyes and perms she has to cut it to a TWA. I think my grandfather kept commenting she looked like a boy and how he doesn't like short is why she keeps the perm. I am happy to be happy within my own skin and to have the support of my spouse.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 14th April 2010, 5:30 pm

@KCC: Lol oh wow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] looks like we need to hold a seminar to educate black men about what our hair does. well. . . scratch that, it seems like blacks in general could use a good "black hair and what it does" lesson [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (maybe itll even cut back on some of the the good hair/ bad hair mentality)

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 14th April 2010, 5:36 pm

Cherry- yea we do. my brother is loc'ing his hair and has worn cornrows/braids etc for a good majority of his life and HIS hair is curly, so i dont know why he thought mine would be any different..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 15th April 2010, 12:33 am

When I had my hair in Kinky twist couple months ago my hair was growing in and yes I got that same comment. The ignorance (I HATE IT).
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 15th April 2010, 1:38 am

"you better be glad you got a good grade of hair, or you would be up a creek" - my aunt. and then like 2 weeks ago she kept on calling my name so i'm like WHATTT?? kinda loud & she was like "don't get mad at me b/c you bald-headed" i'm like what does that have to do with anything????? and she's natural (loc'd)

i hate the "good hair" comments. like "i would go natural if i had that kinda hair" or "my hair wont curl up like that" speaking good hair i was on the phone with my cousin & she was like "you can tell if a person has good hair by looking at their eybrows" WTF???

and mika yes i hhhhhaaaattttteeeeeeeee "pretty for a dark skinned girl", why can't you just be pretty?

Last edited by iri9109 on 15th April 2010, 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 15th April 2010, 1:43 am

iri- umm, eyebrows? never heard that one before.. you should ask her what it means cuz im curious now..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 15th April 2010, 1:47 am

lol i was just like "shut up dude no you cant"
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight 15th April 2010, 1:49 am

I hate the "why don't you straighten your hair?" comment. I don't get it very often but still...
Starlight
Starlight

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 15th April 2010, 2:13 am

Starlight wrote:I hate the "why don't you straighten your hair?" comment. I don't get it very often but still...

if your avatar is your hair straightened, thats AAALLLOTTTT of hair to straighten lol i wouldnt have the patience. plus i'm scared of heat damage.
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next