CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Henna Mix and some questions

5 posters

Go down

My First Henna Mix and some questions Empty My First Henna Mix and some questions

Post by EllaMomi2002 11th April 2010, 1:52 pm

This will be my first henna application. I mixed it this morning and will apply it tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out. I read in one of the threads you can use cocoa powder to achieve a brown color so we'll see. I don't mind the red though.

I'm using Jamila Henna, do I need to wait 24 hours or is 10 hours enough time to let the color release?

I know I have to do a DC after applying the henna to help combat the dryness.

Can I apply the henna with an oil treatment (avocado and evoo) in my hair? Or does my hair have to be product free?

Thanks!

Last edited by EllaMomi2002 on 11th April 2010, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

My First Henna Mix and some questions Empty Re: My First Henna Mix and some questions

Post by London's Curling 11th April 2010, 2:08 pm

i did my first henna mix last night! Left for about 12 hours in total. I also used Jamilla Henna. Have actually just finished washing it out. Very happy with the result. DC still sitting on head Very Happy I did a co-wash before applying, as wasn't sure if products would act as a barrier. I did my mix with coconut milk and about 1/2 cup of lemon juice. I had some gray hair in the front - which has come out a deep auburn colour - looks like I went to the hairdresser and got hi-lights!

Hope all goes well for you. I hesitated for so long thinking something might go bad but it was all good flower
London's Curling
London's Curling

Back to top Go down

My First Henna Mix and some questions Empty Re: My First Henna Mix and some questions

Post by mojitochica 11th April 2010, 2:09 pm

Cocoa powder or coffee never worked for me in terms of altering the dye.

I apply the henna right after I mix it, but I tend to leave it on for 6 hrs plus. If you don't plan to leave it on that long, wait until the mixture color changes to a dark brown color before applying.

Yes you can apply henna over an oil treatment.

Have fun!
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

My First Henna Mix and some questions Empty Not bad for a first time experience

Post by EllaMomi2002 11th April 2010, 10:03 pm

Ok, so I mixed my Henna this am at 10.

100g Jamila Henna
2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp ginger
1 tbs cocoa powder
1 1/4 c of green tea (2bags steeped for an hour)

I let the mix sit wrapped in plastic for 5 hours ( I couldn't wait)

Applied the Henna 3pm

added 1-2 tbs of honey to the mix before applying

Washed my hair with Castille soap (tea tree)

Added a little avocado oil to my hair and then applied the henna

Wrapped in plastic for 2 3/4 hours

Conditioned out with cheap condish

Then Deep Conditioned with Hello Hydration for an hour

Rinsed and added Giovanni Direct Leave In and Coconut Oil

My hair feels soft.

I can't really tell if there's any color. But the few greys I have above my ears and along my hairline look copper red (cute)

I'll take pics in the morning out in the sun.

I froze the rest of the batch for next month.
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 12th April 2010, 1:05 am

EllaMomi2002, according to ButterQueen's mix, I believe you were supposed to use 1/3 cup of cocoa. See here ...

"So if you only need 100 grams of henna then use about 1/3 c of cocoa and you'll probably have some henna left over (dont forget extra henna paste can be frozen so don't toss your leftovers!)"

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/henna-f1/i-want-brown-hair-not-red-t3009.htm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 12th April 2010, 1:39 am

I'm jealous of your measurements. I was too lazy. Can't wait to see pix.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down