CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beeswax anyone?

3 posters

Go down

Beeswax anyone? Empty Beeswax question

Post by chocolate-kinks 9th April 2010, 5:04 am

Hey ladies I just bought some beeswax. NO not the one that claims that it is 100% natural and has mineral oil or petroleum. I bought the one from "lets dred". I don't intend to grow locs, but I thought it might be good for twist outs. I was thinking that because the product is to loc in dreads, why wouldn't it lock in twist? Well my idea worked. It does seem to lock in twist and give a great curl def. I still have some have some kinky twist in my hair, but I took out a couple to do a strand test. I love the definition it gives me and intend to use it when I want a twist out. My only issue is that I've heard scary things about beeswax. Since this is all natural and the only ingredient listed is beeswax, I believe it shouldn't be that bad. Should it?

Last edited by chocolate-kinks on 10th April 2010, 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Beeswax anyone? Empty Re: Beeswax anyone?

Post by chocolate-kinks 10th April 2010, 3:47 pm

bump
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 11th April 2010, 1:49 am

Don't do it! I had some and it tore my ends up. I only put it on the last inch of my hair to seal the ends and keep them from coming undone. That beeswax if the only thing that I can contribute as to why the last inch of my hair looks like it was stuck in a light socket. I do wear my hair down and my hair does rub my clothes but the front of my hair does not touch my clothes and it is damaged about an inch from the ends as well. Be careful. I now have to cut off the inches I worked so hard to gain. Oh well, I now use it on the bottoms of my feet to seal in moisture after the shower. Works great for that!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 11th April 2010, 1:52 am

You also have to use a sulfate shampoo to remove the buildup (and pure beeswax is sure to cause a lot of buildup)
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th April 2010, 1:25 am

DreamMerchant wrote:Don't do it! I had some and it tore my ends up. I only put it on the last inch of my hair to seal the ends and keep them from coming undone. That beeswax if the only thing that I can contribute as to why the last inch of my hair looks like it was stuck in a light socket. I do wear my hair down and my hair does rub my clothes but the front of my hair does not touch my clothes and it is damaged about an inch from the ends as well. Be careful. I now have to cut off the inches I worked so hard to gain. Oh well, I now use it on the bottoms of my feet to seal in moisture after the shower. Works great for that!

Wow. What kind of beeswax did you use?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th April 2010, 1:27 am

Erica5417 wrote:You also have to use a sulfate shampoo to remove the buildup (and pure beeswax is sure to cause a lot of buildup)

Yeah I've heard about the build up. I heard a little goes a long way.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 12th April 2010, 6:01 pm

chocolate-kinks wrote:
DreamMerchant wrote:Don't do it! I had some and it tore my ends up. I only put it on the last inch of my hair to seal the ends and keep them from coming undone. That beeswax if the only thing that I can contribute as to why the last inch of my hair looks like it was stuck in a light socket. I do wear my hair down and my hair does rub my clothes but the front of my hair does not touch my clothes and it is damaged about an inch from the ends as well. Be careful. I now have to cut off the inches I worked so hard to gain. Oh well, I now use it on the bottoms of my feet to seal in moisture after the shower. Works great for that!

I used Proclaim's, Murrays and a real block of unrefined beeswax I got from my cousins that harvest bees.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th April 2010, 9:36 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:
chocolate-kinks wrote:

I used Proclaim's, Murrays and a real block of unrefined beeswax I got from my cousins that harvest bees.

It could be because they both have petroleum in them. That's why I bi-passed them.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down